Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Aggie candidates in the upcoming primary

2,624 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 94chem
Cardiag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there is a similar thread in Politics, but this is more specific to the Houston area.

This list is not exhaustive just posting some of the ones I know. Please feel free to add.

Also I'm only endorsing Katy Boatman for First Court of Appeals. She's my wife and is the most qualified candidate in her race. Vote Boat!

First Court of Appeals - Katy Boatman

US Rep District 2 - Jonny Havens

US Rep District 22 - Danny Nguyen

Comptroller - Glenn Hegar

185th District Court - Stacey Bond

257th District Court - Alyssa Lemkuil
htownag10
AG
I'll do some research on them. Thanks for the list.

The politics board is more of a "vote for them because they're an Ag" which isn't always the most qualified/best decision. Kind of like when people use the "he's an Ag or they're a good Ag" my question is what makes them that lol
Sliver on the East Side
AG
Thanks for posting. I'll throw in my endorsement for Katy Boatman, who I've known for years. She's a good Ag in my book. Honest, hard working, and of good conscious - all of the good qualities that define Aggie. She even supported the team during the Sumlin years
E
AG
I need to know their stance on whether to level the dome or keep it before I vote for any of them.
Ragoo
AG
kathleen wall, wooo
drumboy
AG
Ragoo said:

kathleen wall, wooo
Dammit, I was hoping she would be left out.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
JML
Vote Boat, judge, court of appeals.

Much better than the non aggie alternative.

TexAg2004
AG
Thanks for posting!
Liquid Wrench
Just saw Tina Gibson is running for Fort Bend County Treasurer.

Says she is a former student and former president of Fort Bend Mom's club.

Couldn't find a website for her, but here's an article: http://fbindependent.com/tina-gibson-to-run-for-county-treasurer-p11626-91.htm#puzzle,1374,1519306231251
ConstructionAg01
AG
Katy Boatman is qualified and a great Aggie. Go vote Boat!
Dan Scott
AG
She's really an Aggie?! This is embarrassing

94chem
If you want the Republican version of SJL representing you for the next 20 years, then by all means, vote for Wall. She doesn't even have volunteers or a campaign, as far as I can tell...just money. The only place I have seen her signs are in illegal places such as common areas. This is because anybody who actually knows her can tell she is dumber than a box of hammers and wouldn't help her. She bought endorsements from Abbott and Cruz, which unfortunately tells you something about them as well (more name your price politics - sigh).
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Joan Wilder
AG
Wow that video.

Her TV ads seem like parodies from The Onion.
Al Bula
AG
Looks like Wall has a pretty baller mansion at 602 Pinehaven if that internet info is still good.
Liquid Wrench
Does anyone actually know anything about her?

Her and her husband's names came out of nowhere a couple years ago in politics and now she's bought endorsements from Greg Abbott and a couple of political action committees that also appear to be for sale.

Sounds like she married into money and started throwing it at politics when the marriage got boring.
SJEAg
AG
Any thoughts on Danny Nguyen? Looks pretty conservative...what differentiates him from Olson?

Liquid Wrench
Danny was head of some Vietnamese chamber of commerce and I think served on city council out there. Probably just ready to run for another office to represent "the community."
Cardiag
AG
Thanks everyone for the participation.

One additional Ag I've found is Mike Hartman in Fort Bend County. He's running for county judge.
Liquid Wrench
94chem said:

If you want the Republican version of SJL representing you for the next 20 years, then by all means, vote for Wall. She doesn't even have volunteers or a campaign, as far as I can tell...just money. The only place I have seen her signs are in illegal places such as common areas. This is because anybody who actually knows her can tell she is dumber than a box of hammers and wouldn't help her. She bought endorsements from Abbott and Cruz, which unfortunately tells you something about them as well (more name your price politics - sigh).

I spotted one at some car repair place on Wirt Road today, so at least one person actually gave her permission to put a sign up.
94chem
So...one. Impressive. Abbott and Cruz should be ashamed, but I think they are incapable of such feelings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.