Houston
Sponsored by

Ryan the Temp?

4,684 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
ccolley68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Ryan the Temp still around? Or does anyone know how to contact him? Or someone within the city for permitting stuff? I have a friend that wants to buy a lot in the Washington area and build some townhomes, but doesn't know where to begin from the city permitting side of things. TIA
-------------------------------------------------------

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop"

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I don't believe he posts here anymore. Maybe under a different name...

Your friend is going to want a Phase I ESA before purchasing in that area. If he's financing, it will likely be required. I can help with that, not so much with most construction permitting.
ccolley68
AG
What is a phase I ESA? What's your contact info?

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop"

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Environmental Site Assessment.

Basic component of real estate due diligence.

Let me know if didn't get it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
That's quite the project for someone that doesn't know the first thing about permitting.
ccolley68
AG
He's not looking to actually build them, but just front the money and buy the land, but doesn't know where to start. The lot behind his current house is for sale in an estate sale for half what it should sell for.

drumboy
AG
ccolley68 said:

He's not looking to actually build them, but just front the money and buy the land, but doesn't know where to start. The lot behind his current house is for sale in an estate sale for half what it should sell for.

Sorry, a developer already bought it.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Al Bula
AG
ccolley68 said:

Is Ryan the Temp still around? Or does anyone know how to contact him? Or someone within the city for permitting stuff? I have a friend that wants to buy a lot in the Washington area and build some townhomes, but doesn't know where to begin from the city permitting side of things. TIA
i feel like I've seen this in Fargo.

What does Stan Grossman think?

88jrt06
AG
He was a great poster, here, and helped out a lot of Aggies.
Problem with that?
Jack Cheese
AG
RPM said:

ccolley68 said:

i feel like I've seen this in Fargo.

What does Stan Grossman think?

If these numbers are right, this looks pretty sweet.
htxag09
AG
Not saying he can't make money on it, but doubt it's the sure thing he thinks. Hundreds, probably thousands, of people are watching the listings for that area daily. If something popped up for half it's value it would have multiple offers on it within a few days. My .02.
94chem
Ducks, be careful, that's pretty insulting to OP.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
94chem said:

Ducks, be careful, that's pretty insulting to OP.

It was a compliment
ccolley68
AG
Agreed it's quite an undertaking for a novice, but not my money, and not my project, I'm just trying to assist.

Supposedly, the realtor came by today to talk to him and his neighbors whose current homes back up to the lot to see if there would be any interest.

I used to work in construction so he called me to see if I knew anyone in the city or what he should do if he actually went through with it. But I've never been on the land acquisition/development side, just the build side, so I don't know where he needs to begin from this side of it.

94chem
Quote:

It was a compliment

Just messin' with you. A couple of us were trying to help a guy on the Real Estate forum and staff decided we were rude, even though the poster didn't complain. Apparently we're not supposed to caution people to stay away from investments they don't understand.
zebco
It's been a while but I believe on COH's permitting website they have pre-requisite checklists for commercial projects, so I'd assume they have them for residential as well. I think they also have a permitting flow chart that explains the process somewhat. His Architect should be able to provide some guidance too.

He could also hire a Permit Expiditor that lives and breathes getting permits although my experience with them is just okay. I never felt prioritized when using them. But at least they'll go down and schlep the plans to and fro so you don't have to.

Ditto on getting a Phase I ESA. This basically tells the history of the property along with current surrounding issues (if any).

He could always just go down to the Washington office and try and figure out a way to meet with someone. Good luck.

I'd research permit fees and tap fees really close as these can be big numbers in the commercial world. There are current fee schedules on the website.

The COH is a fickle mistress. It hardly ever goes smooth or as planned IMO
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Just messin' with you. A couple of us were trying to help a guy on the Real Estate forum and staff decided we were rude, even though the poster didn't complain. Apparently we're not supposed to caution people to stay away from investments they don't understand.
About once a month a new username appears on the GB to ask some questions, and even if people try to actually help, they reply back accusing everyone of being rude trolls and bad Aggies. I'm convinced it's just STAFF creating socks to try to bait us so they can issue another wave of mass bannings.
Boo Weekley
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

About once a month a new username appears on the GB to ask some questions, and even if people try to actually help, they reply back accusing everyone of being rude trolls and bad Aggies. I'm convinced it's just STAFF creating socks to try to bait us so they can issue another wave of mass bannings.
Great business model
helloag99
I'd find a site engineer that does residential. They can answer any permitting questions.

Somebody like this

http://www.macdonaldengineering.com
JYDog90
AG
Mac is a great guy. Known him for a long time.
Formerly Willy Wonka
MichaelJ
AG
It's also worth noting that RTT is no longer working for the city. Last I heard
helloag99
willie wonka said:

Mac is a great guy. Known him for a long time.
I agree, I worked with him a long time ago
LostInLA07
AG
Yeah I believe he left with the last mayor.
young eugene
AG
Tell him to talk to people at Urban Living. They do a ton of work in that area as a broker for people who want to build homes. If your buddy has been there a while he should know who they are, they have signs in front of practically every townhome for sale.
runontexas
AG
AggieWonWon = Sip Troll and Nick Wright Fanboy
houston03
MichaelJ said:

According to his Facebook page he still works for the city, but got promoted and left the permitting center recently.
Liquid Wrench
MichaelJ said:

He probably just told people that so TexAggers would stop asking him for the number to call 311.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.