Houston
Sponsored by

Need ideas for 'office teambuilding'

3,496 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by David_Puddy
Dr. Nefario
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kill a hooker/homeless person and dispose of the body together. Nothing gets a group of people feeling like they're all in something together like covering up a murder.
JayAggie
AG
Shirts vs. Skins tug-o-war

JayAggie
AG
laser tag, paintball, top gol in no particular order

now if we're talking crazy the companies I've become jealous of are when i see companies go on retreats to a resort, pretty sure you're not talking about that but if they shoot that idea down, then just say "Okay then I'm thinking an Olympic competition, but really make it authentic like when it first started in Greece and everyone competed in the nude." Then your retreat idea doesn't seem so outrageous.
OCEN99
AG
The last one of those I did was at Hot Wells, but we only had one lady in our group of 10 or so.
schmellba99
AG
Top Golf, Axe Throwing, etc.

I used to hate these things, but I always end up having a good time at them. We did one up in our KC office that was a pickle ball tournament. Sounded stupid and ghey as F, but ended up being an absolute blast. Top Golf was the last one, have done the regular bar thing as well.

Granted, we are mostly dudes, but our project coordinators and accountants are usually included in the team building groups as well so they end up being fairly gender neutral.
Ghost91
Some great ideas, thanks!

Love the curling and axe-throwing!
Worm01
AG
Whatever you end up doing, remember that about 10% will be super excited and get really into it, another 10% will ***** and moan about it and say it is dumb and sucks, and the other 80% will be apathetic and indifferent, but go along with whatever.

This applies to cleaning homeless shelter toilets or getting naked and rolling around on a pile of money that everyone gets to keep.

Good luck.
MouthBQ98
AG
Indoor shifter cart racing.
JSKolache
AG
Skeet
The Wonderer
AG
JSKolache said:

Skeet
But not skeet-skeet. That'll get you a talkin' to from HR.
BQ_90
AG
go to St. Arnolds, take tour, eat lunch, drink.
Al Bula
AG
CDUB98 said:

Office "Team Building" is a farce and stupid.

Teams are formed through relationships over time, not some cheesy crap that people only show up for to make sure they aren't fired.
haha cdub gets picked last for office team building events. Probably the overly Aggie guy at the office too.
drumboy
AG
Teambuilding things can be fun if you have a cool team but my current team is either old or too diverse to like cool stuff like drinking beer or top golfing it or k1. We go see the Star Wars movies when they come out which is ok but me and two old dudes were the only ones that showed up for bowling at Main Event.

Last company (tech) did cool stuff like paintball, Main Event, and other stuff with beer.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Liquid Wrench
Another group activity people don't think about enough is "empty warehouse bare knuckle boxing."
drumboy
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Another group activity people don't think about enough is "empty warehouse bare knuckle boxing."
We had a company-wide sumo wrestling thing last month, which I won and claimed the $150 prize. I wasn't close to the biggest dude in it but I was going HAM for that cheddah.

I hurt for nearly a week after.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
David_Puddy
AG
Top Golf is always a good option, especially if you have males and females. Even if they have no desire to swing a club, they can sit and drink/eat and enjoy nice weather. We did this at my last company and it was a hit.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.