Houston
Sponsored by

US House District 2 (Ted Poe's seat)

15,316 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RK
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gov. Abbott has endorsed Kathaleen Wall, primarily because she's given him a lot of money - nothing else. She walked out of a candidate forum the other night, mainly because she wants to just run expensive sound bites rather than answer questions. She can barely put together complete sentences.

Anyway, State Rep. Kevin Roberts (Cypress) or businessman Rick Walker (Kingwood) would be much better choices. They're not perfect, but they at least bring more to the table than fat wallets.

No charge for the PSA
Panama Red
AG
If you love America, then vote Jonny Havens
Tom Hagen
AG
The deepest pockets always win the Rep. races. Your next Congressperson will be Wall.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Tom Hagen said:

The deepest pockets always win the Rep. races. Your next Congressperson will be Wall.
I live in the district and will vote against Wall in the primary simply because her ads are the most ridiculous, sophomoric pandering.

These are not verbatim but they're pretty close:
"President Trump is conservative, Kathleen Wall is more conservative."
"President Trump is a successful businessman, Kathleen Wall is a successful businesswoman."
redag06
Will not vote for Rick Walker as he believes Conroe is the reason Kingwood flooded. We already have enough stupid congressmen, no need for another.
E
AG
Walls campaign TV ads make me not want to be a republican anymore
The Wonderer
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

Tom Hagen said:

I live in the district and will vote against Wall in the primary simply because her ads are the most ridiculous, sophomoric pandering.

These are not verbatim but they're pretty close:
"President Trump is conservative, Kathleen Wall is more conservative."
"President Trump is a successful businessman, Kathleen Wall is a successful businesswoman."
"President Trump wants a wall; Kathleen is a Wall"

Not joking, that's in the fckin' ad.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is Poe not running?

My wife is a Democrat in the 7th. The number of Dems running for Culberson's seat is incredible. I bet there are at least 4 candidates running commercials. Seems like a lot of effort for a solid seat that I sadly don't expect Culberson to lose.
BMX Bandit
Poe is not running.

And while I think Culberson will win, this District is +7 on the Cook index. So not that safe a district, but likely to keep his seat.

and I don't buy it at this point, but many harris county democrat bigwigs think they have a legit shot at that seat.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is Poe not running?

My wife is a Democrat in the 7th. The number of Dems running for Culberson's seat is incredible. I bet there are at least 4 candidates running commercials. Seems like a lot of effort for a solid seat that I sadly don't expect Culberson to lose.

Poe is retiring. And IIRC, he's citing health concerns. I believe he's battling some form of cancer.

Too bad. He's always seemed to be one of the good ones.
Z100
AG
Consider supporting Jonny Havens. He is an Aggie. Corps of Cadets. Deployed twice to Iraq. Solid family man.
redag06
I believe Poe beat cancer, but wants to be back with his family and he has never wanted to be a career congressman.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Interesting. I think you and u have had this conversation before about how the 7th is less R than I think it is.
94chem
Main Candidates

At least according to the above website. Of course, they'll all be in the NRA's hip pocket. You can't even suggest that magazine size should be limited, 'cause, ya' know, people kill people.

Cold day in Hades when a Republican has the guts to stand up against the NRA...but I digress...
Finn Maccumhail
AG
94chem said:

Main Candidates

At least according to the above website. Of course, they'll all be in the NRA's hip pocket. You can't even suggest that magazine size should be limited, 'cause, ya' know, people kill people.

Cold day in Hades when a Republican has the guts to stand up against the NRA...but I digress...

And why should they? Restricting magazine size does nothing and I've yet to see a position publicly supported by the NRA that I found objectionable that I can recall.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Just as long as Texas 7 does not elect this little pajama boy:
RK
JJxvi
AG
How hard can it possibly be to find one person to exemplify the need of an area so unified and homogeneous in lifestyle as Texas Dist 2...encompassing University Place, Montrose, Rice Military/Cottage Grove/Washington Corridor, Spring Branch, Timbergrove/Lazybrook, Bear Creek/Addicks Reservoir, Willowbook, Spring, Klein, Humble, Kingwood, uhh? Huffman? etc
RK
AG
his last name looks like something that requires daily antibiotic treatment.
Lester Bangs
Havens
schmellba99
AG
94chem said:

Main Candidates

Jesus, this has to be one of the stupidest political arguments I've seen.
94chem
Quote:

I can tell you that the candidate who received the NRA endorsement is scared of the NRA, and just appeases them so he can get actual work done. Sad, but true.
JJxvi
AG
Is what he'd rather be doing the important work like proving that they let Kingwood flood for Lake Conroe recreation?
schmellba99
AG
94chem said:

Quote:

I can tell you that the candidate who received the NRA endorsement is scared of the NRA, and just appeases them so he can get actual work done. Sad, but true.
Any politician changes their colors to appease whatever group they feel they need to to get the endorsement or money or whatever. That's politics, has been since the beginning of time, not going to change.

I'd wager to bet that some of your democrat overlords do the exact same things. Like when Obama magically finds his field hand voice when speaking to a group of black people, then later that day is articulate and very Uncle Tom like when entertaining a group of high end white donors at a $25k/plate fund raiser. Hillary does the same thing, They all do. To act like it is something unique to a republican is just stupid. To make the comments you did is just stupid. It's all just stupid.
BMX Bandit
When you get down from that high horse, can you show us where he said that it's something unique to Republicans?
94chem
I haven't voted for a democrat since the Brazos County sheriff election in 1991 or so. The Republican was outed as some kind of crook, iirc. I just wish Republicans cared more about issues such as human trafficking (huge in Houston), opioid addiction, and abortion, rather than playing the politics of fear over the 2nd amendment.
Liquid Wrench
Voters will want to know if the candidate is pro 2nd amendment. Putting their positions on the campaign literature saves some time, in fact that's the whole purpose of printing campaign literature. Not sure how that could possibly bother anyone. But I guess it's always "pandering" and "fear" to blame whenever someone disagrees with us on any political issues.
schmellba99
AG
BMX Bandit said:

When you get down from that high horse, can you show us where he said that it's something unique to Republicans?
The context of his statements pretty much covered it. As did the silly comment about magazine restrictions. It was just a stupid comment all around.
schmellba99
AG
94chem said:

I haven't voted for a democrat since the Brazos County sheriff election in 1991 or so. The Republican was outed as some kind of crook, iirc. I just wish Republicans cared more about issues such as human trafficking (huge in Houston), opioid addiction, and abortion, rather than playing the politics of fear over the 2nd amendment.
We all wish politicians would care more about certain things. For example, I wish democrats actually cared about what is best for Americans and not what is best for Venezuelans or murdering babies or not getting as much power in the federal government as possible. I wish both sides actually took the time to not **** can a platform simply because the other side proposed it or discussed it, because the petty nature of things is what pushes a whole lot of people away from politics to begin with.

I also wish that actual data was used when 2nd Amendment was concerned, by both sides. It would be amazing.
Liquid Wrench
Found a video of the Kathleen Wall "walkout." It's kind of funny:
AgLA06
AG
94chem said:

... rather than playing the politics of fear over the 2nd amendment.

You mean like you just did with magazine capacity. Find a mirror bud.
water turkey
Those Wall ads are brutal....
IDAg10
AG
If you think the tv commercials are bad you should meet her in real life or better yet meet her husband
94chem
"You mean like you just did with magazine capacity. Find a mirror bud."

Why, of course you're right. Our guns laws are way too restrictive....we need more guns, higher capacity, higher caliber, faster firing, that can be carried anywhere. This will be a sign of great health in our republic.

Seriously, when are the sheeple going to understand that the NRA is just the Planned Parenthood of the Right? I used to be a member until I realized that nobody wanted to take my gun, and they were just a profit-center dedicated to the eradication of a straw bogeyman. I now pay dues to the Society for the Destruction of Land Sharks. You'll notice we haven't had an infestation for quite some time now... you're welcome.
schmellba99
AG
94chem said:

"You mean like you just did with magazine capacity. Find a mirror bud."

Why, of course you're right. Our guns laws are way too restrictive....we need more guns, higher capacity, higher caliber, faster firing, that can be carried anywhere. This will be a sign of great health in our republic.

Seriously, when are the sheeple going to understand that the NRA is just the Planned Parenthood of the Right? I used to be a member until I realized that nobody wanted to take my gun, and they were just a profit-center dedicated to the eradication of a straw bogeyman. I now pay dues to the Society for the Destruction of Land Sharks. You'll notice we haven't had an infestation for quite some time now... you're welcome.

Juat stop. Stop now, do not speak,any more.

You may have 180 or whatever patents in chemistry, but you are a fuggin dumbass when it comes to tbis subject.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.