Houston
Sponsored by

Buc-ees

14,548 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pathetic, if true.

https://www.freepresshouston.com/angry-beaver-buc-ees-dark-history-of-suing-cute-animal-logos-into-submission/
jetch17
AG
Yet the OG Stuckys doesn't get fugged with
Al Bula
AG
milner79 said:

Pathetic, if true.

https://www.freepresshouston.com/angry-beaver-buc-ees-dark-history-of-suing-cute-animal-logos-into-submission/
LOL does your boyfriend work the night shift at one of the aforementioned establishments Beaver Aplin has sued?

A Texas-owned, Aggie-owned business protecting its branding?

htownag10
AG
SA sounds like a better fit for OP
Jock 07
AG
I'm actually surprised he hasn't gone after the knockoff bucees that are all over here in Omaha
http://www.buckysexpress.com
I'm no lawyer so I have no idea if he'd have a case, all I know is that they're nowhere near the greatness of the real bucees
Al Bula
AG
Bucky Sex Press? Sounds kinky.
Astrobo
AG
Jock 07 said:

I'm actually surprised he hasn't gone after the knockoff bucees that are all over here in Omaha
http://www.buckysexpress.com
I'm no lawyer so I have no idea if he'd have a case, all I know is that they're nowhere near the greatness of the real bucees
Bucky's is actually an older corporation than Bucee's.
jetch17
AG
How I read it too
SockDePot
1) beaver, chicken, and alligator are not even in the same animal families, bad form!

2). Irv's is garbage. I was so excited when it opened becuase I needed a tertiary poo stop on the way to Freeport, but alas, the amenities were garbage.
94chem

"A Texas-owned, Aggie-owned business protecting its branding?"

Had no idea it was an Aggie... don't care. Stucky's should sue them. They deserve a taste of their own medicine, as they have obviously deliberately rhymed with Stucky's.
Madman
AG

Quote:

During the case, which Chicks settled out of court, Bucee's brazenly accused the store of improper use of: "friendly smiling cartoon animals," "the use of a black circle," "the use of a yellow background," "the use of the red-colored cockscomb on the heads of the chickens," "the prominent use of sharply drawn black edges," and "the use of six letters in raised and lowered block font in the name."

Nobody would look of that logo and think of Bucee's
Madman
AG
Or this one.

longeryak
Just another reason to keep going thru Wharton until Prasek's 20 minutes down the road.
Tom Hagen
AG
I guess that I will be facing a lawsuit from Buc-ees if I open my breastraunt, The Shaved Beaver.
BrazosDog02
AG
Protecting branding with large business like Bucee's is just another way to not only protect itself and generate money, is also will actively beat down competition. It's just part of making money. Bucee's is a money maker. It's a nasty moneymaker. People like the owner don't get where they are because they are nice and decent human beings. I shop at bucees, its a cutesy gimmicky place with overpriced fuel, but sometimes, it's easier to just roll through and get diesel and be on my way.

I'm pretty sure it is no secret now, or in the past, that bucees legal team is aggressive and will destroy a business if it has to, regardless of how frivolous it's claims are.

More importantly, based on how it frames lawsuits, Bucees clearly thinks it's patrons are complete idiots.

I'm looking forward to the outcome. If something this stupid loses, it sets a dangerous precedent. If they win, then it gives other businesses positive feedback to the bully tactics.
cr0wbar
AG
tl/dr
GoAgs92
AG
I thought I read that Bucky's and Buc-Cees had a deal not to enter each other's territories...but Bucky's decided to move into texas...and got sued by Buc-Cees.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Buc-ee-s-sues-long-time-rival-for-expansion-to-11005165.php
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
7nine
BowSowy
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/fire-causes-setback-in-buc-ees-legal-battle-over-another-business-mascot

jetch17
AG
Dr. Nefario
Paging Randy...
Boo Weekley
BrazosDog02 said:

Protecting branding with large business like Bucee's is just another way to not only protect itself and generate money, is also will actively beat down competition. It's just part of making money. Bucee's is a money maker. It's a nasty moneymaker. People like the owner don't get where they are because they are nice and decent human beings. I shop at bucees, its a cutesy gimmicky place with overpriced fuel, but sometimes, it's easier to just roll through and get diesel and be on my way.

I'm pretty sure it is no secret now, or in the past, that bucees legal team is aggressive and will destroy a business if it has to, regardless of how frivolous it's claims are.

More importantly, based on how it frames lawsuits, Bucees clearly thinks it's patrons are complete idiots.

I'm looking forward to the outcome. If something this stupid loses, it sets a dangerous precedent. If they win, then it gives other businesses positive feedback to the bully tactics.
Always seems very cheap to me
chimpanzee
BrazosDog02 said:

Bucees clearly thinks it's patrons are complete idiots.

They're not necessarily wrong on that. If you were trying to appeal to a cross section of people on the interstate, you wouldn't start with metaphysics.
Texaggie7nine
Would they be the first empire built on clean ****ters?
7nine
chimpanzee
Texaggie7nine said:

Aren't they expanding to Louisiana? There is not currently a clean restroom east of Baytown. Those things are going to be goldmines, if they can keep their quality control from failing in Cajun country. There's a reason everything looks the way it does down there.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
chimpanzee said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Aren't they expanding to Louisiana? There is not currently a clean restroom east of Baytown. Those things are going to be goldmines, if they can keep their quality control from failing in Cajun country. There's a reason everything looks the way it does down there.
Good luck finding workers that will keep to their quality control standards. I hope it works, but am quite doubtful.
Texaggie7nine
They need to install all ceramic walls on the stalls and have ports for water hoses to hose down the entire stall.
7nine
chimpanzee
Milwaukees Best Light said:

chimpanzee said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Good luck finding workers that will keep to their quality control standards. I hope it works, but am quite doubtful.
Exactly my thoughts.
wessimo
AG
chimpanzee said:

Texaggie7nine said:

They were building one in baton rouge but it fell through for some reason.
gif
Madman said:

Quote:

During the case, which Chicks settled out of court, Bucee's brazenly accused the store of improper use of: "friendly smiling cartoon animals," "the use of a black circle," "the use of a yellow background," "the use of the red-colored cockscomb on the heads of the chickens," "the prominent use of sharply drawn black edges," and "the use of six letters in raised and lowered block font in the name."

Nobody would look of that logo and think of Bucee's

I knew one of the guys that built Chicks and all he talked about was the legal battle they were going through with bucees. He and his family made money on building convenient stores from the ground up and selling before they actually opened. I believe part of the settlement was that Chicks had to change the name/logo before it could be sold.

Though he did say everything about the store is a copy cat from from Bucees, the only thing they could sue on were the small items like "yellow background, red mouth..." or whatever they sued these places on.
malenurse
AG
Yeah, those people at Buc-ee's are just heartless *******s.

http://abc13.com/society/buc-ees-honored-for-serving-first-responders-during-harvey/3074672/
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Satellite of Love
The did some charity work good for them. That is free publicity.

Notice how they aren't spreading the news about them strong arming other companies over colors and animal mascots? You can be two faced. A lot of people are that way.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
malenurse
AG
Must be very sad to go through life with that attitude.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
chansonjr
AG
Beaver is very litigious. Not surprising.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.