Houston
Sponsored by

Missing stop sign

2,001 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bondag
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I work in the City Centre area and for a while know there's been some construction on one of the streets there (upgrading water/sewer lines or something like that I think).

There's a 4-way stop outside one of the parking garages, and for at least a few days now one of the stop signs there has either been removed or is completely covered by construction.

I've seen multiple cars barrel through there not knowing it's a 4-way stop and some near accidents. It also doesn't look like they'll be done anytime soon.

I thought this morning, "Hey...maybe it's me and it is there just hard to see." Nope. I went in today a tad later where it was actually bright outside and was looking hard for it and didn't see it.

There's got to be a fine for something like this right? Is this something that the developer (Midway in this case) could jump on or is there a number that anyone could call to get this fixed? With the road being on the outside perimeter of City Centre I don't know if this is actually a public road or still private....or if that even matters at all.

Can I do anything about it?
Report it via phone call or app through the city of Houston's 311 system
Jock 07
AG
jokershady said:

I suggest posting on Texags
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Jock 07 said:

jokershady said:

I suggest posting on Texags
That used to be a valid solution until some aholes ran Ryan off.
agnerd
AG
Sounds like the 4-way stop is now a 3-way stop. I'm not seeing a problem other than people not yielding the right of way.
jokershady
AG
agnerd said:

Sounds like the 4-way stop is now a 3-way stop. I'm not seeing a problem other than people not yielding the right of way.
It's not. Every other stop sign still has the "4-way stop" underneath it and there's nothing else indicating otherwise.

All the construction has also made a big blind spot in that same area so you can't even see cars coming from that direction.

Appreciate the 311 info and reported it. Done all I can.
drumboy
AG
4 way heading to 10 from the garage nearest to LifeTime? I almost got nailed by some old f*cker last week and now I feel bad about posting his plate on the auto board, getting his info and shltting in his bushes.
dubi
Bondag
AG
drumboy said:

4 way heading to 10 from the garage nearest to LifeTime? I almost got nailed by some old f*cker last week and now I feel bad about posting his plate on the auto board, getting his info and shltting in his bushes.

He will thank you for the extra nutrients next year. Don't worry about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.