Houston
Sponsored by

Reminder for Galleria/59/610 drivers...prepare for 6 years of pain

3,053 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by howdydamnit04
Serotonin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://abc13.com/traffic/get-ready-for-6-years-of-traffic-nightmares/2522901/

Quote:

6 years of traffic nightmares near Galleria just getting started
By Katherine Whaley

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
Get ready for big headaches at the US-59 Southwest Freeway and 610 West Loop interchange near the Galleria.

The first phase of a major reconstruction project has just begun. TxDOT crews are working on utilities, but roadwork is set to begin in January, after the holiday shopping season.

The project will add capacity to the interchanges by turning the one lane ramps into two lane ramps, as well as add shoulders to the 610 West Loop bridge.

Flashdiaz
AG
that area is already a pain.... that's one section I avoid at all costs.
txags92
AG
Yeah, I was about to say that I am not sure what could be done to make it any worse. I suspect they can fill out at least 50% of the traffic planning top ten list of things not to do at traffic interchanges using pictures of 59@610.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The only real solution here is to make 610 one-way. Clockwise from noon until midnight, counterclockwise midnight to noon.
03_Aggie
Can they finish one damn project before starting another?

610/gulf freeway
I-10/ 45 north
290/610

They are clogging up every main freeway interchange with construction all at the same time.
AgRebel08
AG
Who is in charge of this TX dot?

They need to finish one thing at a time. They are already doing the uptown project which is a mess and now this + 290, etc. Its really stupid on their part not to put all resources into finishing one project at a time.

Lets not forget when do they turn the pierce elevated into a park?
Martin Q. Blank
They need a Galleria bypass. South of 59 to I-10/290.
sts7049
AG
it's like they wanna be like DFW
Furlock Bones
AG
sts7049 said:

it's like they wanna be like DFW
yup. though it could be worse. could be like things here in Austin where nothing at all is getting fixed.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
txags92
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

The only real solution here is to make 610 one-way. Clockwise from noon until midnight, counterclockwise midnight to noon.
The solution that is needed is to get rid of all the entrance and exit ramps that force traffic to cross merge right in the middle of the ramps to and from 59 and 610. Or better yet, put in the straight bypass from I-10 to south of 59 mentioned above for traffic that just wants to go straight through.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Are they still not adding a lane from 59sb to 610W Nb??
AgLiving06
txags92 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

The solution that is needed is to get rid of all the entrance and exit ramps that force traffic to cross merge right in the middle of the ramps to and from 59 and 610. Or better yet, put in the straight bypass from I-10 to south of 59 mentioned above for traffic that just wants to go straight through.

Yeah...They've tossed around the idea for years of building a second tier that cuts all the way to i10.

I'd think at minimum they should build an elevated express lane or two.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I was hoping this was forgotten. I travel from tanglewood to Bellaire for work daily. Great commute. I'm gonna hate life. Maybe south rice.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

I was hoping this was forgotten. I travel from tanglewood to Bellaire for work daily. Great commute. I'm gonna hate life. Maybe south rice.
username does not fit.
Ag_07
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

They need a Galleria bypass. South of 59 to I-10/290.

So the BW?
helloag99
Milwaukees Best Light said:

FtBendTxAg said:

username does not fit.
I had BunkerHill when I lived in 77024 for a few years. Before (maybe after IDGAS) that I had Clarendon which was the street that I lived on in Bunker Hill, TX. I had Bunker Hill, TX on my TX drivers license. Lost all of them to bans.
howdydamnit04
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

I go from Sugar Land to 290&610. I think my pain wiener is bigger than your pain wiener.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.