Houston
Sponsored by

Bell's Palsy Therapy/Treatment

1,200 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by malenurse
UndergroundAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So a family member just got Bell's Palsy and is looking for treatment options or therapy. Can anyone recommend a Dr. Or treatment center? Any ideas on price point? TIA
one MEEN Ag
AG
UndergroundAg said:

So a family member just got Bell's Palsy and is looking for treatment options or therapy. Can anyone recommend a Dr. Or treatment center? Any ideas on price point? TIA
PM me. For some reason I can't send you a message. I know someone who recently was diagnosed, treated, and has full motor function today. I'll reach out to them and see who they saw in Houston.
helloag99
http://facialparalysisfoundation.org/

helloag99
one MEEN Ag said:

UndergroundAg said:

PM me. For some reason I can't send you a message. I know someone who recently was diagnosed, treated, and has full motor function today. I'll reach out to them and see who they saw in Houston.
You can't PM some one without stars!
metrag06
AG
I've had it twice, treatment both times was with steroids (prednisone) after a visit to my GP. With the second occurrence I was sent to a neuro for an MRI to rule out any more troublesome underlying conditions.

Biggest concern was having to lubricate/tape shut my eye when I wasn't able to keep it closed overnight.
bpick
I had the same treatment Prednizone, for Bells Palsy went away very quickly. Also went to ER for scans to rule out stroke etc. I was concerned because I had Guillian Barre syndrome previously and was afraid it was reoccurring.

Bells Palsy went away with no lingering effects.
JYDog90
AG
They don't happen to drink a lot of diet soda, do they?
Formerly Willy Wonka
malenurse
AG
Bottom line is Bell's is a virus, and you can't cure a virus. Treatments are usually just to lesson the symptoms, and maybe, shorten the duration.

Steroids to reduce the inflammation around the nerves, and maybe acyclovir or valtrex, which some studies show will reduce the time for symptoms to go away.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.