Houston
Sponsored by

Katy Area Mechanic

1,514 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Stringfellow Hawke
Alpine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for a good mechanic in Katy (near Highland Knolls and Mason area). I am looking for one that is reasonable and does not charge per some recommended hours in a manual. I have one I trust to do quality work but even if I know what the problem is and tell him what I want done, he will still want to charge for diagnostic and then will charge me whatever his manuals say it will take.
MelvinUdall
Tripp's Auto Tech off of Kingsland at the turn of Barker Cypress on the south side of I-10, Richard is the owner and does a great job and is honest.

281-398-6300
sts7049
AG
yep, i like tripps as well.
lostrg
Try finding someone who can do it, like a dog that knows. Hahaha
BigPuma
AG
3rd for Tripp's
AgTech88
AG
Southwest Car Care - behind Firestone on Mason. Family Business I have used for years. Not the cheapest - they are old school and go by the book on labor hours etc. - but I trust them to not try to talk me into extra stuff that may not be needed. They have had many opportunities to suggest extra work or choose more $$ options, but always talk me back to what is really needed/rational. Have had maybe 1 or 2 situations over 15 years where I had what I considered a warranty situation and they handled it at no cost.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I live in Katy and work on Ags cars quite often, but its usually weekends.

Fully insured with a garagekeepers policy and ASE Cert.
Post removed:
by user
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Smith's automotive on 5th street. Done several projects for me that other large dealership service departments would not do.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
https://smithsautorepairkaty.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.