Houston
Sponsored by

Divorce -- need advice for amicable divorce, working out prpty/finance details

8,538 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Redstone
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My ex used a lawyer named Lawrence Rothenberg that a doctor she worked for recommended.

We were 25 (WTF was I thinking damn you Aggie women that have to get engaged before your senior year) and didn't have anything other than a kid so it's basically you keep your crap, I'll keep mine and here's the custody order. I think he charged $2,500 cause when I told her that we didn't need a lawyer and wouldn't pay for half her lawyer she decided to get half of my 401K. The part saying 'you keep your stuff' was actually reversed at first so I thought she was trying to stick me with her student loans but it was just her lazy lawyer cutting/pasting wrong.

Only thing I wish I did differently was not agreeing to all pick up/drop offs at her house cause driving to League City a couple times a week sucks. Also make sure she can't move w/ the kids.

Sorry your'e going through this.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Win At Life
AG
What's this "bad ass lawyer " talk about? Like a "bad ass" lawyer is going to file a motion that fools the other lawyer, or "talks " the judge into a one sided agreement while the other lawyer just stands there with a dumb look? The vast majority of divorces (not counting Hollywood TMZ divorces) follow a well worn "script " that all parties are aware of right down to the "rate sheet " for child support. These lawyers even know the "tendencies " of each judge, which was hugely against the father getting equal custody, unless something has changed in the las 10 years that I went through this.
Ragoo
AG
OnlyForNow said:

How many people do you know that can retire at 50?
who wants to work after 50? I am going to retire ASAP.
90 bull
AG
I retired at 50 (well 49 and 8 months). It's great.
OnlyForNow
AG
I didn't say I wanted to work last 50, I said how many ppl do you know that retired by 50.

It's an awesome thing to be able to retire at 50 financially no doubt, just don't know a lot of people that could. If my dad would have retired at 50, I woulda been 14 years old!
Redstone
AG
Is a divorce really necessary? Lots of couples have worked it out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.