Houston
Sponsored by

Chrtian's Tailgate Does not Support the Astros Championshp

9,707 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by David_Puddy
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you have FaceSpace feel free to read and do your thing Htown TexAgs as this is bull. They say they'd rather show a Bills loss from the night before than the pre-Astros parade coverage.

https://www.facebook.com/chewy.redding.1/posts/10212638732695700
Javelina
AG
I don't understand how the Buffalo Bills have been good to them.
AggieWonWon
It's where bills fans in Houston watch the games been like that for awhile
redag06
It is the Bills backers bar and has been for over a decade. This is why there is bills memorialbila on the walls.
ATM9000
AG
Am I the only person who finds the idea of going to a bar to watch a parade under any circumstance as just... Weird?
redag06
Going to a bar to watch a parade on tv, when the actual parade is a few blocks away.....even weirder!

Chewy
AG
We were pre-parading there. We would have gone back there once we realized it was a cluster but they made it clear they weren't interested in showing the parade coverage.

I get supporting the Bills during NFL games but today when Downtown was full of Astros fans and they didn't want to turn it from a replay of a Bills loss? It's moronic.
Liquid Wrench
Fortunately I'm too old to be worried about what Midtown bars are doing to support sports teams.
schmendeler
AG
Weird choice on their part but I guess it makes sense to do what your loyal customers want rather than people who will never go out inside the loop again.
Scientific
AG
When I've gone to upstate NY, I catch more Giants fans & oddly enough Cowboys fans too. They're a lost bunch up there. I had no clue we even had true Bills fans down here.
ATM9000
AG
Yeah but in their defense... The full immersive experience chock full of literally like 20% of the city's population was happening blocks away. If I were them, I wouldn't find it necessary to show the parade on TV either.

The weird snarky responses to you weren't necessary but sort of funny anyway.
MelvinUdall
Private business and they can do as they choose, consumers can use this information and choose to visit their establishment or not. Clearly they know people will return and this won't hurt their business.
Chewy
AG
nhayden is exactly right. They can choose to do what they want. But the reality is when we left an hour before the parade it was cleared out. Downtown was a cluster at that point. There was no way to watch in person anywhere. We would have returned to watch it at Christians if not for the ******* running the show there. Their email makes it clear they don't give a **** about the Astros.

You people defending Christians have likely never watched anything there and likely never will so your opinion is worthless. The people that I know that have watched sports and spent money there aren't likely to in the immediate future.

I don't care about everyone. I'm just pointing out for those people that do spend money to watch sports how Christians feels about the Houston Astros. If they spend money to watch Houston sports then Christians has stated they're not the place for them.
Liquid Wrench
No excuse for rude customer service, if that's what you're talking about.
rhoswen
AG
Maybe they support the Astros but didn't find it necessary to air a stupid parade. I can't imagine being this upset about this.
agdaddy04
AG
The weird response is the one about asking if the Astros played last night. Did the guy think you were talking about when the Bills game was live and not the replay?
BillYeoman
Christians Tailgate is the most overrated joint in H-Town. Burgers are mediocre, food is close to decent.

Go to BB's or Pinks Pizza.
Liquid Wrench
Even the original place under original ownership had mediocre food with gfy service.
White Liberals=The Worst
nhayden said:

Private business and they can do as they choose, consumers can use this information and choose to visit their establishment or not. Clearly they know people will return and this won't hurt their business.

And that's what the OP is doing. Spreading the word. The OP just learned this and so are a lot of other people. A lot of houstonians, most of which are die hard houston fans by nature (and some may know about bills/oilers), go there. I personally hope they tank. No way only bills fans could support that place. Stupid move by them.
White Liberals=The Worst
BillYeoman said:

Christians Tailgate is the most overrated joint in H-Town. Burgers are mediocre, food is close to decent.

Go to BB's or Pinks Pizza.

Burgers at the OG location and heights (more hit or miss) were legit.
Liquid Wrench
Oddly, I remember the frosty beer mugs more than the food.
BMX Bandit
This isn't some seriously funny pouting.

AustinCountyAg
If you knew they were Bills backers and knew they aren't known for their Astros support wtf are you surprised they don't want to show a parade on tv?

If it's that damn big of a deal pull out your smart phone and watch it on that while you drink your five dollar beer
ATM9000
AG
Chewy said:

You people defending Christians have likely never watched anything there and likely never will so your opinion is worthless. The people that I know that have watched sports and spent money there aren't likely to in the immediate future.

Oh... game set match you got me! Winner: Chewy!

I've been to and watched plenty of games at all the Christians in Houston over the past 15 years or so.

It isn't an unreasonable take for them to say I'm not putting a parade on the TV that's free and open to the public not a couple of blocks away.

Being snarky to a customer maybe isn't very nice though.
AggieWonWon
Their rip on you OP was pretty funny.."If you wanna hear the parade its going on 2 blocks from here"

LULZ

Though t I agree they shouldn't talk to customers like that.
E
AG
We went to Christians on White Oak to watch the parade and pre-parade. They had it on pretty much every single tv and the sound system. Although their food isn't the greatest (it is a bar) my friends and I had a good experience. Bar got packed right before 2 pm and people were celebrating loudly.

Maybe if you're downtown already, you should walk a couple blocks to watch it live.
Frok
AG
The Buffalo Bills? Seriously? They can't have more than 11 fans in Houston.

What a stupid bar.
redag06
Go in to christians when the bills are playing, there are easily 100 fans in there, and bills fans/western New Yorkers drink a LOT!
swimmerbabe11
Javelina said:

I don't understand how the Buffalo Bills have been good to them.
It's a Bills bar. It gets packed and really rowdy. I used to go to watch games there pretty regularly.
Liquid Wrench
What exactly do the Bills have to do with service at lunch time on a Friday? Or are yall just dropping knowledge to prove to us that you really have been to Christian's?*

*also, I think some of you are getting locations mixed up in said attempt.
swimmerbabe11
The original email sent was pretty snarky. I don't really understand sending an email like that.

If you want to complain about poor customer service, doing so in a respectful manner is gonna get you a lot farther than the attitude in that first email.

What response were you hoping for? The best case scenario would be "woops, sorry about that. We'll do better next world series. Go 'Stros"
Liquid Wrench
I finally read the facebook rant and the first reply I see, I'm thinking this looks like a classic Texags politics board comment, what's it doing in the real word?

Quote:

So, a private business chooses to run their business in a way you disagree with, and instead of just moving on to a different business that holds your same world view, you opt to start an online smear campaign to destroy their business. How very Liberal of you. Hillary and Bernie would be very proud of you....
Then I saw who posted it. Of course it was a Texags poster. And the only person biting on it is another texags poster.
swimmerbabe11
ChiliBeans said:

What exactly do the Bills have to do with service at lunch time on a Friday? Or are yall just dropping knowledge to prove to us that you really have been to Christian's?*

*also, I think some of you are getting locations mixed up in said attempt.

He didn't actually specify location in the original email and the manager that responded to him was Mazen, the midtown manager.

I'm in the Houston Bills Backers Group, so I'm seeing this non-issue discussed on both sides.
Liquid Wrench
Sweety, it says plainly he was at the Downtown location. Which makes the manager's rude, unprofessional reply even more stupid. Your boy "Mazen" claims they've been a Bills bar for 11 years. 11 years ago the Downtown location was a Burger King. Ain't no 11 year tradition of watching Bills games at that spot. If he's saying the whole chain is for Bills fans only and they don't care about Houston fans, then F 'em. That's even worse than Chewy made it look at first. Tell your homey "Mazen" that A.) his name is ridiculous and B). he comes across as a real dick.

I wouldn't normally take a Chewy bar complaint seriously, but after seeing "Mazen's" reply, I'm not interested in supporting Christian's anymore. Especially not at lunchtime on a Friday when exactly NO ONE is going to the bar to watch a pathetic Bills game.
swimmerbabe11
I'm not your sweety.

And no, nowhere in the very rude email that he sent specified which location.

I think both the email and the response were equally rude.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.