Houston
Sponsored by

Springer bobble head

2 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bondag
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
took my kid to yesterday's game but got there a bit too late to get that sweet bobblehead, I saw several guys walking around with 8 - 10 of the things...how did they get so many, astros policy is one item per person not per ticket? Kid was a bit disappointed but not that much, he likes Altuve better.

Of course now they are on eBay for bizarrely high prices, didn't know bobbles commanded that kind of $.

Liquid Wrench
Seems like they're always out no matter what I time I get there and then i see some fat white trash lady and her two kids carrying stacks of them. People will send their kids sprinting to every entrance grabbing them from the tables or something. Mother****ers gonna get rich with that ebay gold.

It was never that big a deal to get the free hats or whatever at the Dome when I was a kid, but I guess the different entrance setups made it harder. Plus there was no ebay to turn that sweet sweet swag into sweet sweet gold.

*They're already on ebay. This person had 20 to sell: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTROS-SGA-Super-GEORGE-SPRINGER-Diving-Catch-BOBBLEHEAD-PRE-SALE-9-16-/232490561233?hash=item3621846ed1:g:gUkAAOSw0HFZoCD1
Alpine
AG
I just sent the Astros a note about this exact thing. We were not even out of the parking lot and there were 4 people walking away from the park and they each 2 bags full of them. I knew right then we weren't getting one. The Astros might as well just put them on ebay for $5 instead of giving as many as people an grab to whoever and letting them sell them for $50.
Liquid Wrench
The Astros usually sell them in their stores later, so they're probably happy with the hype.
AggieWonWon
Man people have too good in this country *****ing about a bobble-head really?
Liquid Wrench
Oh sorry, back to important local discussions only.

Does anyone know of any good Aggie-owned dry cleaners in Huffman that give an Aggies only discount? Thx n Gig Em.
AggieWonWon
I'm sure Reid Ryan has this at the top of his to do list as we speak.
Bregxit
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Oh sorry, back to important local discussions only.

Does anyone know of any good Aggie-owned dry cleaners in Huffman that give an Aggies only discount? Thx n Gig Em.

Who the hell would live in Huffman?
IDaggie06
AG
A lot of times people buy them from people for $5-$10 at the game. Some stand by the entrance and ask people as they walk in if they want to sell.
Mr.Ackar07
People walking away with bags of bobbleheads were part of the 500 or so that purchased a ticket plan for all of the bobbleheads given away this year. Those people picked up ALL of this season's bobbleheads at once yesterday in a green Methodist bag.
Mr.Ackar07
The Astros have gotten better with giving them out though. This year, they hand them out after they scan your ticket, but before you actually walk into the stadium. In the past, they would hand them out in the concourse area which is where people would run around to all of the entrances and try to get more than 1.
GoAgs92
AG
Thanks Ackar, that actually makes sense.
Bondag
AG
Last year I showed up in the 3rd inning of Carlos Correa bobblehead day. When I walked into the club they asked me how many I wanted and I took one for me and one for boss that is an astros fan. No problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.