Houston
Sponsored by

Allison Cook Top Restaurant List 2017

6,555 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DavidAg02
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Pass and provisions gave me frozen chicken once. And it was still frozen. How do you get to be one of the best restaurants in town and serve chicken that was previously frozen ?
Sometimes chicken sushi can be thawed too slowly.
Jaydoug
AG
Charivari may look like you've stepped into 1995 and takes a while to eat, but every meal I've had there I want to lick the plate. I don't think I've ever seen it listed. Best German / Franconian food in the city.
cr0wbar
AG
something about food critics getting ranked by the chefs gives me a giggle. That's the joke, right?
DavidAg02
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

DavidAg02 said:

Xochi was f'ing amazing. #1 in the city? Who knows... but insanely good either way.
what would be your #1 then?
My personal #1 is La Table... specifically the table side Heritage chicken. I remember thinking... it's roast chicken, how good could it be? Well, it completely changed my perception of how good chicken can be. Crispy skin, flavor that goes all the way to the bone, incredible sauce... it's one of the best meals I've ever had, anywhere. Plus, the whole experience itself is great... service, wine selection/recommendations, desserts, etc. All top notch.

Allison ranks it #18.

Pax is also really good, and Eloise Nichols, although no particular dish stands out either place. Just good experiences at both from start to finish.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.