Houston
Sponsored by

UPS Delays?

2,974 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bregxit
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ordered something from Illinois -> Houston last thurs. Track it this morning and it's in stafford, apparently unable to be delivered because of weather.... Anyone else had an issue with this? Surely it isnt still from Harvey??
Bregxit
AG
Everything I have had on order that was shipped UPS has been delayed. FedEx has had zero issues. Just typical UPS suckage.
Unemployed
AG
They're still backed up from not being able to deliver anything during Harvey. I finally got a package delivered yesterday after being in Houston for over a week.
Furlock Bones
AG
Fedex has far surpassed ups these days.
Post removed:
by user
tandy miller
AG
I called and the lady told me that there was bad weather between where the package was now (stafford) and houston. I told her that stafford is 5 miles from houston and that the weather is in fact not bad here. Then she said it was due to the hurricane in florida. Doubt i'll iver get it
Nagler
AG
I got a package yesterday that was supposed to be delivered on 8/31. It sat in Austin and then moved to Houston to sit for a few more.
Clo004
I have gotten all of my stuff from UPS but FedEx has been sucking more than usual. Now my packages are not beat to crap but they are extremely late
88jrt06
AG
tandy miller said:

I called and the lady told me that there was bad weather between where the package was now (stafford) and houston.
That facility is on Stafford Rd. You can cross into Houston within 2 minutes. Tiny Tornado?
Guess she's gonna need a few new lines of BS!
Ag_07
AG
I had a package earlier this week finally show up via UPS. It was like a entire week behind.

I will say that their online tracking wasn't real time because it said it was still in Stafford when it showed up on my doorstep.

I also hate when UPS uses USPS to make it's final delivery. So essentially it will leave their Stafford facility and go to USPS facility for sorting then delivery. After it leaves UPS it'll be another 2 days before it ends up actually being delivered.

Hell I can drive to Stafford and pick it up at the facility quicker than it'll take USPS to deliver it.

And there are still some people who wonder why I use Amazon so much.
tandy miller
AG
UPS told me it was being transferred to USPS
Texags is garbage
I've actually been getting stuff from USPS on time lately post Harvey. Crazy that UPS can't get it together.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
If they don't hurry up with my subscribe and save I am going to have to go buy Red Bull from costco like a *********pleb.
88jrt06
AG
tandy miller said:

UPS told me it was being transferred to USPS
In that case, no prob. They'll route it through Voyager 2, pronto. Just wipe off the Saturn ring-dust upon arrival.
uncover&humpit
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

If they don't hurry up with my subscribe and save I am going to have to go buy Red Bull from costco like a *********pleb.

Why don't you just drink some iced tea instead? Maybe 2 of them will quench your thirst.
Jock 07
AG
what can brown do for you?
Not much
randy828
AG
Jock 07 said:

what can brown do for you?
Not much

Liquid Wrench
UPS delivered to me the Thursday after the storm. You people must live in some terrible areas.
Another package sent by UPS mail innovations (final delivery by USPS) took longer, but it still came a while ago.
88jrt06
AG
^
:
Important input!
Bondag
AG
My prime deliveries say they won't be delivered until 9/14, but all have arrived within 2-3 days.
JustPanda
AG
Not UPS
txyaloo
AG
Ag_07 said:

I also hate when UPS uses USPS to make it's final delivery. So essentially it will leave their Stafford facility and go to USPS facility for sorting then delivery. After it leaves UPS it'll be another 2 days before it ends up actually being delivered.

Hell I can drive to Stafford and pick it up at the facility quicker than it'll take USPS to deliver it.

Sounds like you should be talking to the cheap asses who are shipping things to you. They're shipping it through UPS' lowest cost service that uses USPS for the final delivery. Fedex has a similar program. I usually refuse to buy from anyone that uses Mail Innovations or SmartPost. Shipping is usually more expensive and it takes twice the amount of time.

I see sellers on eBay using it the most.
Ag_07
AG
txyaloo said:

Ag_07 said:

Sounds like you should be talking to the cheap asses who are shipping things to you. They're shipping it through UPS' lowest cost service that uses USPS for the final delivery. Fedex has a similar program. I usually refuse to buy from anyone that uses Mail Innovations or SmartPost. Shipping is usually more expensive and it takes twice the amount of time.

Say what??

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

They're shipping it through UPS' lowest cost service that uses USPS for the final delivery.

This is what I was referring to in my earlier post that 88whatever found so hilarious.
tandy miller
AG
Ag_07 said:

USPS is making the delivery apparently. UPS says it was transferred from Stafford to USPS at 12:12. USPS tracking number says:

DATE & TIME September 14, 2017, 12:26 am
STATUS OF ITEM Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
LOCATION WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA 01089
SHIPPING PARTNER UPS SurePost

So is this thing going to Springfield, MA now???
FJB
Ag_07
AG
Sure looks like it to me.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
OP- stop spreading lies. UPS can do no wrong:
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2877701/1
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Bregxit
AG
txyaloo said:

Ag_07 said:

Amazon uses the **** out of it in Spring.
tandy miller
AG
According to USPS my pkg is going to ****ing Massachusetts.... after UPS brought it 99.9% of the way here. Makes sense
FJB
AJ02
AG
Here in spring, I can vouch that Amazon uses USPS. Our delivery from USPS sucks up here. Especially the specific delivery person we have. I can't tell you how many times something shows "delivered" and I never got it. Or we get a package for someone in the next subdivision whose street name isn't even remotely close to ours.
aggiedent
AG
I'm in Spring. I ordered some photography equipment from B&H Video in New York on Monday. Their basic "free" shipping is 3 day. It shipped on Monday and arrived by UPS on Thursday, no problems at all.
Bregxit
AG
More USPS pile on!!!!

My father mailed tickets to me, signature required. They were supposed to be delivered Friday 9/15 but were not. Delivery was rescheduled for Saturday. I was home all day, no one came to the house. I checked the tracking this morning and it says delivery attempted Saturday, notice left. There was no notice on the door. Odd. I checked my security cameras. Mail carrier visited two doors down and across the street. Not once did she come to our house.

I think I'll meet her at the mailbox and have a chat today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.