Houston
Sponsored by

Switched to Directv

1,708 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Premium
gcracker13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Brent and his company at SoundWave Audio Video. He came out today and got me all set up for football season with Directv. Give him a shout, he answered all my questions in a very timely and professional manner and came out this morning before his flight and got me set up quickly. Brent displayed excellent professionalism, was very courteous and who wouldn't want to help out another Ag?

SoundWave Audio Video
Brent C Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
o:888-511-SWAV
c: 281-361-2730
brent@SoundWaveAV.com
aggie7911
buy an Ad
03_Aggie
aggie7911 said:

buy an Ad

He's already a sponsor, dumbass.
Aggiefan#1
AG
Definitely a sponsor. Been so for several years.

Thanks for the shout out. Reach out if you need anything.

Brent C Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
888-511-SWAV
SoundWaveAV.com

SWAV is a National Premier DIRECTV Retailer for Residential and Commercial Services
gambochaman
AG
Can he reach out for better rates when his doubles or triples in the next few months?
Aggiefan#1
AG
It doesn't double or triple. First step is to understand your bill and expected charges. My experience with that comment is from the guys that don't pay attention to what they are biting and misunderstand their billing.

OP has a fixed price for the entirety of his two year agreement. Up to four rooms with all the best equipment DIRECTV offers the Choice package and all for $65/month.

Brent C Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
brent@swaudiovideo.com
Cliff Booth
AG
I switched a few months ago to DIRECTV. Hopefully it doesn't lightly rain this fall, because in my limited experience, it will freeze up. That, and there is a delay when channel hopping, as in switching back and forth between games.
The Original AG 76
AG
AggieHurley said:

I switched a few months ago to DIRECTV. Hopefully it doesn't lightly rain this fall, because in my limited experience, it will freeze up. That, and there is a delay when channel hopping, as in switching back and forth between games.
I am having reoccurring issues with the mini genie losing connection with the wireless bridge. Of course Direct wants to actually CHARGE me to fix the issue. I a furious and will throw Direct out as soon as my contract is up. I had Uverse for a;omst 15 years and they NEVER charged me to come ou tang FIX their crap. IF it was an issue of my wiring or whatnot I would have to pay BUT in 15 years I never paid. Now Direct is telling me I have to buy their damn insurance if I want service on THEIR DAMN EQUIPMENT !!! I just want a new damn Bridge but they say since I already switched out a mini a few weeks ago they can't send me a replacement and MUST send out a tech THAT I WILL PAY FOR !
Unreal Unreal...Perhaps Brent can give us some pointers for getting after the sale SERVICE from DirectTV !
And YES..a LIGHT rain causes the signal to fail. It sMUCH worse than when I had Direct 15 years ago before I went with Uverse. And I mean a REALLY light rain !
aggie7911
So serious
Ag_07
AG
I switched to Direct a few months ago via Brent and it was awesome. He even hung the living room TV for me while he was out. Great service

As for DirectTV I rarely have an issue with losing service. Like it has to be dumping buckets for it to go out. It is BS that they charge you for repairs but that's only happened once and even with the insurance it's still a helluva lot cheaper than UVerse.
Aggiefan#1
AG
Yeah, they went to the model of offering the protection plan as an option to cover all service calls about 8 years ago.

They chose to not make it compulsatory and increase everyone's bill $4-5.

I almost never tell anyone to take it. Avg DIRECTV customer needs a service call that requires a tech every 2.4 years.

As far as rain fade you have alignment issues or too high of dB loss due to distance.

Both are correctable.

We have done thousands of DIRECTV jobs and ha e only been on a handful of service calls. We nail it the first time 99.9% of the time.

Brent C Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
brent@swaudiovideo.com

The Original AG 76
AG
Brent,
I don't want a service tech I just want a replacement WB. I have been on the phone with their service techs for HOURS and they all agree that it just MIGHT be an issue with the WB BUT since they have already sent me a replacement mini ( one of mine simply crapped out...dead...bad box) they have some damn rule where they can't send me anymore replacements and have to send a tech to check out the system !!! I can go thru the reset procedure and get it working again BUT its once or twice a week of aggravation. I just want the stuff to work for that 2.4 years without weekly reboots and resets...I refuse to pay the to fix THEIR failed equipment. I just want a new WB that I am perfectly able to install myself. I've only had DTV for about 9 months and this amount of issues is unacceptable.

Regarding signal...I had a guy out during the grace or warranty period to check the set up. I'm getting a perfect signal, perfect gain, all checks out YET a heavy dew knocks it out !
Premium
AG
So $65 for 2 years, and then what? Also, what does $65 include (what equipment/Choice package?); also what taxes, fees, setup costs?

We cut our DTV off back in January but I'm considering getting something again here in the next few weeks.
sts7049
AG
after two years you shop again. or, try to negotiate some discounts with them to continue as a customer.
Aggiefan#1
AG
Premium said:

So $65 for 2 years, and then what? Also, what does $65 include (what equipment/Choice package?); also what taxes, fees, setup costs?

We cut our DTV off back in January but I'm considering getting something again here in the next few weeks.

Choice Package up to four rooms.
After two years you are out of your agreement and you can renegotiate a new discount.

No equipment cost on the system unless you go wireless and you have to purchase the $99 wireless video bridge.

We don't charge any set up or installation fees.

Brent C Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
brent@SoundWaveAV.com
Premium
AG
What about Choice Plus cost? My wife reminded me she downgraded to Choice once and I made her put it back to Plus.

I'd assume all of ours would want the wireless option / 3 rooms total.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.