Houston
Sponsored by

Firethorne - West Katy Ags - Crossover to be closed Aug 7

1,976 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by drumboy
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crossover to be closed until December 2018 as they make that stupid traffic circle...may god have mercy on your souls.
Bondag
AG
Take it to the San Antonio board.
gindaloon
AG
No big deal. Instead of 30 minutes to downtown it will be 35 minutes.
Football&Finance
AG
gindaloon said:

Either you just moved out there during summer traffic or you leave at 4:30am.
03_Aggie
Football&Finance said:

gindaloon said:

Or you're new to the board.
Football&Finance
Flashdiaz
AG
I like the traffic circle idea. Not that hard to figure out. I suggest going to the circle by HEB and Pin Oak and practicing some roundabouts.
drumboy
AG
03_Aggie said:

Football&Finance said:

gindaloon said:

Or you're new to the board.
Or in a helicopter.
gambochaman
AG
whoever is in charge of road construction in fort bend county should have his engineering license shredded, then be tarred and feathered and paraded along 1463 for everyone to mock and ridicule

that entire area has been turned into a godawful fuster cluck
JSKolache
AG
gambochaman said:

whoever is in charge of road construction in fort bend county should have his engineering license shredded, then be tarred and feathered and paraded along 1463 for everyone to mock and ridicule

That's what we get for moving out here before the infrastructure was ready...
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

I like the traffic circle idea. Not that hard to figure out. I suggest going to the circle by HEB and Pin Oak and practicing some roundabouts.
We need more traffic circles so more stupid people will crash before they can make it to the highway.
Your Friend
FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

We need more traffic circles so more stupid people will crash before they can make it to the highway.

How does a city where you have to drive everywhere have so many people who don't know how to drive?
drumboy
AG
Cause nobody was born here. Somehow even my Houston-born Asian wife is a pretty good driver.
BigPuma
AG
the one on Cane Island Parkway north of 10 at buccee's is going to be a real **** show when buccee's opens.
wessimo
AG
OTL problems
MelvinUdall
gambochaman said:

No the issue is, and this is not just an issue in Katy, but the unfettered building with no infrastructure improvement until it is a cluster f***.
JYDog90
AG
nhayden said:

gambochaman said:

No the issue is, and this is not just an issue in Katy, but the unfettered building with no infrastructure improvement until it is a cluster f***.

That was certainly not the case with Katy Mills. Every last bit of transportation improvements were done prior to opening.
1208HawkTree
AG
gambochaman said:

For the size project they are doing, I think it's happening rather quickly. Then again, I live in seven meadows and have a 10 minute commute, during the school year.
1208HawkTree
AG
BigPuma said:

the one on Cane Island Parkway north of 10 at buccee's is going to be a real **** show when buccee's opens.

Looking forward to having ethanol free gas somewhat close by.
Ragoo
AG
nhayden said:

gambochaman said:

see 8 and 290. Instead of doing it right they opted to do it quick so they put extra lanes to the outside and immediately after and entrance to 290E and immediately before the exit onto 8. They engineered their own traffic jam.
helloag99
You can thank TxDOT for the 1463 mess, sort of. Back before Obama got elected TxDOT and was able to let developers build turn lanes by permit without environmental review. They were planning to have the developers give them the ROW for a 5 lane road. They were doing it one piece at a time. Well, someone sued TxDOT after Obama got elected and boom, it went from taking 30 days to permit developer paid lanes to 9 to 12 months. Those roundabouts have been in the work for close to 10 years.

Enjoy!
BigPuma
AG
city project in the city limits. sometimes city of katy does smart things.
BigPuma
AG
you know not all Buccee's have ethanol free gas right?
drumboy
AG
1208HawkTree said:

BigPuma said:

Looking forward to having ethanol free gas somewhat close by.
How do you buy ethanol free gas at Bucees? I assume there's a special pump but have no clue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.