Houston
Sponsored by

YouTube TV is available in Houston

3,876 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Wonderer said:

FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

I use my parents Direct TV log in.
I just find it pretty funny when people post how they have cut the cord but this is part of the plan. It's like people thinking they have this whole "adult" thing down but still live at home.

And for the record, I hate Comcast.
Using a friend's or family's login to watch sports because you don't want to pay $80+ just for one channel? Sounds pretty ****ing smart and fiscally responsible to me.

Same for shoplifting?
Texaggie7nine
jja79 said:

The Wonderer said:

FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

I just find it pretty funny when people post how they have cut the cord but this is part of the plan. It's like people thinking they have this whole "adult" thing down but still live at home.

Using a friend's or family's login to watch sports because you don't want to pay $80+ just for one channel? Sounds pretty ****ing smart and fiscally responsible to me.

Same for shoplifting?
7nine
The Wonderer
AG
jja79 said:

The Wonderer said:

FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

Same for shoplifting?
A lot of services now allow up to a certain number of simultaneous logins to their streaming services for this vary reason.
jja79
AG
You and I both know people are scamming this and it costs those of us as subscrbers. Texags has an interesting way of rationalizing things when it's close to home.
The Wonderer
AG
jja79 said:

You and I both know people are scamming this and it costs those of us as subscrbers. Texags has an interesting way of rationalizing things when it's close to home.
Xfinity allows 5
Netflix allows 5
HBO allows multiple (unclear on the number, but they explicitly state multiple on their website)
Amazon allows 2
drumboy
AG
I had to lie and say that my daughter lives with me for her Spotify Premium login. I don't feel bad about that one.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
lctag
AG
I've been testing out YouTube TV for the past week on the free trial. I agree that the app and functionality are really nice (better than Sling, etc.). Unless you're not OK with the channel lineup, I think the big thing for me NOT to like is that their DVR forces commercials onto the viewer if the show is posted somewhere for on demand viewing. As far as I can tell, this is almost a any major show that you record (except for sports).
RK
AG
I charge my wife and kids to watch tv at my house as I am the only one who is a subscriber.
Al Bula
AG
RK said:

I charge my wife and kids to watch tv at my house as I am the only one who is a subscriber.
cr0wbar
AG
No HBO for now - the Cloud DVR looks pretty solid
howdydamnit04
AG
lctag said:

I've been testing out YouTube TV for the past week on the free trial. I agree that the app and functionality are really nice (better than Sling, etc.). Unless you're not OK with the channel lineup, I think the big thing for me NOT to like is that their DVR forces commercials onto the viewer if the show is posted somewhere for on demand viewing. As far as I can tell, this is almost a any major show that you record (except for sports).

I don't believe that's true. I think it forces you to watch commercials if it's on demand and you didn't record it. I've dvred a ton of stuff already like the Simpsons and watched them while skipping commercials and I know they are available on demand.

Edit:. You appear to be right, but only for certian networks like NBC.
lctag
AG
I wish it were only NBC, but I have had this happen on CBS, NBC, Disney, and CW. It definitely isn't all stations, and definitely not live sporting events that don't get posted to on-demand, but it seems to be quite often. I really like everything else, but this is the only thing causing me any hesitation.
Liquid Wrench
Looking at the channel lineup, I could see using this for football in the Fall if you cut the cord.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.