Houston
Sponsored by

Don McGill Toyota Body Shop

1,906 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Big Cat `93
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talk me out of using them. Online reviews look terrible but my insurance recommends them.
HBCanine08
AG
Why did they recommend them? You're allowed to pick the body shop of your choice.
Madman
AG
The only Toyota on their list for Houston
Ag_07
AG
Used them for an insurance claim earlier this year and had no complaints.

They actually did the work pretty quickly and looked great.

Also not sure if it's typical but they do give a lifetime warranty on all their body work.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Used them when my wife was side swiped. We had no issues.
sts7049
AG
as the other poster said you can choose whomever you want. i have no experience personally with that shop but if they provide rentals, lifetime warranty, etc then i'd probably consider it. usually online reviews of body shops aren't often positive.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah that too.

There are a couple rental car places (Enterprise and Budget IIRC) right there in the body shop so no need to go elsewhere for that.
Texaggie7nine
If it's a deal you're chasin......
7nine
The Wonderer
AG
If the reviews are terrible, find another Toyota shop to do the work. The insurance company cannot force you to use any particular repair place.
Aggiemike96
AG
Exit I-10 and Mason...
sts7049
AG
GD it you jackwads for getting that jingle in my head
Big Cat `93
AG
Holy gee whiz, they play the crap out of that jingle on The Spot.
txags92
AG
I have had several Toyota vehicles repaired there. My recent experiences have been fine. They have done a good job and didn't hit me with any surprises. I did have one experience over ten years ago where I think they may have fudged on whether the frame was slightly bent on a truck I brought to them after an accident. I never pursued trying to prove it, but the truck would never align quite right afterwards and they had to adjust the bed mounts to straighten the bed relative to the cab. If I had a badly damaged vehicle that I thought might be totaled, I would be cautious about taking it to them, but for simple body repairs and painting, i wouldn't hesitate.
digging tunnels
AG
I don't know if it matters but there are two don McGill Toyota locations....in Katy and on I-10 and dairy ashford
Big Cat `93
AG
I had a couple of Toyotas in the past and always took them to Sterling McCall for repairs and service. They did a great job, so I imagine the same would be true for the body shop.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.