Houston
Sponsored by

Shooting at BWW 99/Bella Terra

6,109 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Third Coast Horn
Mustang1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha, I was one year behind you at Petrosky. Actually went to MS at Albright then bailed out of Alief:
BoxingAg84
Urban Sprawl.
g_werch
AG
T Durden said:

We probably went to mission bend elementary together.

That area became a dump in the early 90s for sure. My parents finally escaped in 94.

We lived on Mondrian drive near the front of the hood right off Lindita.
TAMU Class of 2004 - Mission Bend Marshall in the house!!!! Reppin' that "Sierra Grande"
Bregxit
AG
1208HawkTree said:

mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

I used to live in Bella Terra. Nice neighborhood and realize this could happen anywhere... but the shopping center was always packed with white trash and ghetto rats. I'm not as bullish on that Grand Parkway strip between Cinco and 59 as some are.

I have a couple of friends who grew up in Alief that swear it will end up the same way in another decade or so. I don't quite understand as I didn't grow up in Alief, but they all feel the early development and path is very similar.

You got a lot of cheap housing going in around it and it's not like it is a rough drive from Mission Bend which has not a lot around it.

I don't think it will be Alief but it isn't exactly master planned and will always be considered a ******* nice community due to it being pretty far from both 10 and 59.

I also don't get why anyone would buy in Aliana. Yeah nice houses but literally next door to both Mission Bend and Four Corners in Alief. Another community that will always be the nice houses in a bad area.

Yes, I know what you mean and agree. What I meant to express was I wasn't sure what Alief looked like in the early 1980s...so I had no reference point.

I live in Seven Meadows and grew up in Mission Bend back near the dead end of Bellaire. We moved in as the houses were being built in the late 70's, and lived there until I was 11. Maybe I just didn't notice it being young, but I don't remember it being that bad when we moved out in '86, but my parents had a REALLY tough time selling the house. Went through years of renting it out and they finally sold it my sophomore year at A&M for about what they paid for it 20 or so years earlier. Ironically, my first job out of grad school in 2004 was in the area, and I was shocked at what the neighborhood had become. My mom says she remembers when their goal was "to move to the front of Mission Bend." I wouldn't drive down my old street after dark these days.
I bet we went to Mission Bend Elementary together and might have been in the same K and 1st grade classes (had Baccus for K and Pinto for 1st). (Missed where you said you went to Petrosky). We moved to Mission Bend in '78 I think it was. We lived on San Pablo which IS the dead end of Bellaire. We moved to First Colony in '83 right before Hurricane Alicia hit. Dad got a promotion and was to be a department head at the newly opening Clements HS.

The neighborhood didn't really decline rapidly until the mid 80s so you got out right as it was starting to go down hill. My parents kept in touch with a few old neighbors for a few years and several years after we moved a bunch of folks got arrested at the old house. When they searched the property there was a Santeria altar in the garage with blood and remnants from animal sacrifices.

Having patrolled that area (the infamous district 4) in my adult years I agree, best not be in the area after dark unless you want trouble.
runontexas
AG
Soooo many damn apartments are being built..... Developers don't give a Fk
Madman
AG
Somebody posted a study a while back on Houston and its growth cycles.

Something like

• People with money move further out
  • But still want local conveniences
  • So grocery stores, etc. get built
  • Those places need workers
  • So apartments get built
  • Apartments bring in the trash

And the cycle repeats.
ATM9000
AG
Madman said:

Something like

And the cycle repeats.

Yes but just so you know this isn't a unique Houston trend... This is like how all urban development happens
runontexas
AG
Makes sense but where can I move to?
Your Friend
Madman said:

Something like

And the cycle repeats.

- apts cause the schools to go to ****
- home values crash
- you're now alief, spring, etc
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
runontexas said:

Makes sense but where can I move to?
El Paso. And take Josh Anus with you.
NoahAg
Your Friend said:

Madman said:

Something like

And the cycle repeats.

- apts cause the schools to go to ****
- home values crash
- you're now alief, spring, etc
1 or 2 apartment complexes here and there isn't the issue. It's when multiple complexes all get clustered together that problems arise, and the area gets "Aliefed." That's why Cinco Ranch will be okay.

-Deed restricted neighborhoods with good, strong HOAs help.
-Same with deed restricted commercial developments. Back to the original post, Bella Terra isn't being developed as haphazardly as Alief. It's a lot more orderly, better commercial tenants. It may have a blip, but I wouldn't worry much about it becoming Alief.
1208HawkTree
AG
Given your username, I think we played on the Spurs together in Tee Ball and maybe the Panthers after that. My dad was the manager and IIRC, your dad was one of the coaches also. We played against each other in HS - I went to Brazoswood. Small world.
runontexas
AG
Milwaukees Best Light = Rich Lord
Bregxit
AG
1208HawkTree said:

Given your username, I think we played on the Spurs together in Tee Ball and maybe the Panthers after that. My dad was the manager and IIRC, your dad was one of the coaches also. We played against each other in HS - I went to Brazoswood. Small world.

Holy crap! HA! Definitely two Spurs seasons. Panthers rings a bell but I can't remember if we moved by then or not. I remember your dad and in fact picked my dad's brain about how they ran the t-ball practices since my son just started this year. I hope he is doing well.

And Brazoswood...you guys gave us nightmares our freshman year. Put up 22 on us in the first inning at the Angleton tournament. Then we got it back later in the season. Good stuff!
JSKolache
AG
Bank robbery at lunchtime on Cinco Ranch Blvd today. THE HORROR!!!
ChrisV96
AG
I probably went to school with a few of you!
Chambers Elementary (81-86 I think)
Olle Middle
Hastings HS (class of '92)

I finally got my parents to move in 2011. I didn't want to bring my kids to the house because the area was just so bad. (Wilcrest between Beechnut and Bellaire).

Mrs ChrisV96
Aggie GIGolo
AG
beefiedoubleoh said:

Canadians. Shocking.
1208HawkTree
AG
I don't remember that at an Angleton tourney but I do remember a 20+ run first inning my sophomore year in a tourney at the field next to Mercer (not sure who we were playing). Batted around 3+ times. I got to watch the whole thing from the bench because I was pitching the next game...
Bregxit
AG
1208HawkTree said:

I don't remember that at an Angleton tourney but I do remember a 20+ run first inning my sophomore year in a tourney at the field next to Mercer (not sure who we were playing). Batted around 3+ times. I got to watch the whole thing from the bench because I was pitching the next game...
Now that I think about it, I think you are right. Frankie Field. We played three games that day and you guys were the third. I pitched against Angleton that morning which is why I was thinking that. We were dumbfounded and swore B-Wood sent their JV or Varsity for some BP against us! Damn near every ball you guys hit went off the "monster" in left field. Just bomb after bomb after bomb.
Flashdiaz
AG
beefiedoubleoh said:

all 8 already suspects arrested. This happened on Cinco Ranch between Grand Parkway and Peek at 1pm... a very busy place at this time. I wonder if they got caught in the perpetual 99 traffic jam.
JSKolache
AG
Flashdiaz said:

beefiedoubleoh said:

all 8 already suspects arrested. This happened on Cinco Ranch between Grand Parkway and Peek at 1pm... a very busy place at this time. I wonder if they got caught in the perpetual 99 traffic jam.
Literally the worst freeway entrance ramp to try and make a getaway. They aint from around here.
drumboy
AG
ChrisV96 said:

I finally got my parents to move in 2011. I didn't want to bring my kids to the house because the area was just so bad. (Wilcrest between Beechnut and Bellaire).
Is that area that bad? I drive through there whenever I go to my buddy's mechanic/body shop south of Bissonnett and I wouldn't want my kids roaming the streets but I'd bring my kids to see their grandparents there.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Third Coast Horn
Y'all are tripping. The west didn't get bad until after Louisiana brought its 60 day homicide people in. We used to run around all night when I was in high school. Saw a couple of street walkers but never feared for my life.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.