Houston
Sponsored by

Shooting at BWW 99/Bella Terra

6,113 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Third Coast Horn
TitanAGGIE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Restaurant is shut down by FB sheriffs dept. currently a crime scene. People on FB saying atleast 1 dead.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
KHOU now saying critical condition
Al Bula
AG
someone finally got fed up with BW3 crap wings.
Cloud
RPM said:

someone finally got fed up with BW3 crap wings.

Mango Habanero wings are pretty good there.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think someone shot your tastebuds. Only thing good at BWW is beer.
aggie7911
My guess is Canadians.
bearkatag15
AG
http://www.click2houston.com/news/1-injured-in-shooting-at-bella-terra-shopping-center-in-fort-bend-county

Person died. Drugs were involved. Over a dozen shell casings found in the parking lot.
Al Bula
AG
Couldn't be the service for sure. It is impeccable.
drumboy
AG
Spicy Garlic
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
g_werch
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Shot... his tastebuds. Good one!
Stat Monitor Repairman
BWW is the new Pappadeauxs.
ATM9000
AG
I used to live in Bella Terra. Nice neighborhood and realize this could happen anywhere... but the shopping center was always packed with white trash and ghetto rats. I'm not as bullish on that Grand Parkway strip between Cinco and 59 as some are.
Cloud
Milwaukees Best Light said:

You're so cultured.
BarryProfit
He's not wrong though. BW3s changed their wings and they suck now.
Jack Cheese
AG
Who likes slimy wings? Seriously? Got to be flash-fried like Wings N More, or it's just garbage.
Jock 07
AG
I ate buffalo wings at wings n more once. Really makes you think
mm98
AG
ATM9000 said:

I used to live in Bella Terra. Nice neighborhood and realize this could happen anywhere... but the shopping center was always packed with white trash and ghetto rats. I'm not as bullish on that Grand Parkway strip between Cinco and 59 as some are.

I have a couple of friends who grew up in Alief that swear it will end up the same way in another decade or so. I don't quite understand as I didn't grow up in Alief, but they all feel the early development and path is very similar.
ATM9000
AG
mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

I have a couple of friends who grew up in Alief that swear it will end up the same way in another decade or so. I don't quite understand as I didn't grow up in Alief, but they all feel the early development and path is very similar.

You got a lot of cheap housing going in around it and it's not like it is a rough drive from Mission Bend which has not a lot around it.

I don't think it will be Alief but it isn't exactly master planned and will always be considered a ******* nice community due to it being pretty far from both 10 and 59.

I also don't get why anyone would buy in Aliana. Yeah nice houses but literally next door to both Mission Bend and Four Corners in Alief. Another community that will always be the nice houses in a bad area.
Sean Mercer
ATM9000 said:

mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

You got a lot of cheap housing going in around it and it's not like it is a rough drive from Mission Bend which has not a lot around it.

I don't think it will be Alief but it isn't exactly master planned and will always be considered a ******* nice community due to it being pretty far from both 10 and 59.

I also don't get why anyone would buy in Aliana. Yeah nice houses but literally next door to both Mission Bend and Four Corners in Alief. Another community that will always be the nice houses in a bad area.
I wouldn't worry about it. Unless your last name is Patel, or Gupta, you aren't buying a house in Aliana.
mm98
AG
Update to story - from what I was told the person was shot in front of the sushi restaurant and somehow made it to BW3. My wife's friend was at BW3 in the booth right next to the front door. The victim crawled into the restaurant and collapsed, and died, right in front of her and her two young kids. Horrible for them to have to see that so young.
mm98
AG
ATM9000 said:

mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

Yes, I know what you mean and agree. What I meant to express was I wasn't sure what Alief looked like in the early 1980s...so I had no reference point.
1208HawkTree
AG
mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

mm98 said:

ATM9000 said:

Yes, I know what you mean and agree. What I meant to express was I wasn't sure what Alief looked like in the early 1980s...so I had no reference point.

I live in Seven Meadows and grew up in Mission Bend back near the dead end of Bellaire. We moved in as the houses were being built in the late 70's, and lived there until I was 11. Maybe I just didn't notice it being young, but I don't remember it being that bad when we moved out in '86, but my parents had a REALLY tough time selling the house. Went through years of renting it out and they finally sold it my sophomore year at A&M for about what they paid for it 15 or so years earlier. Ironically, my first job out of grad school in 2004 was in the area, and I was shocked at what the neighborhood had become. My mom says she remembers when their goal was "to move to the front of Mission Bend." I wouldn't drive down my old street after dark these days.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I lived there for my pre-college life. Folks still live there.

Alief, when they moved out in 1977, was the true suburbs. I had cow pastures up until high school around. But the 1st oil bust turned Alief from the up-and-coming nice suburb of Houston to more crime ridden area. Apartments that were built before the oil bust had to fill up, so they started offering 6 months free rent. So low-lifes would move in for 6 months, get kicked out at 8 months and move to another set of units. Rinse, repeat.

I remember going to church, driving down Bellaire and wondering why the apartments looked so ratty.

My parent's first house was bought for $45k or something, back in 1977. At that time, you essentially had to make an offer that week or the price would go up about $1,000 each week. During the oil bust times (I think the mid 80's one), a neighbors house sold for $35k; essentially 8 years after my parent's bought theirs. Even when we moved in 1992, the area still had foreclosure houses for sale which hampered selling it at a reasonable price.

Most of the starter family people that moved to Alief moved out after the oil crisis. First to Friendswood, Clear Lake or Kingwood, then to Sugarland, then to Katy, then to Cypress. The ones that moved in were migrants or thugs. Migrants weren't an issue; low-lifes were.

That's my take on my life in Alief. And not the nice part (until 5th grade). My parent's first house was Beechnut and Bellaire. There was a bank behind our house that was burned down by the VP because it was caught up in the S&L collapse. I remember waking up thinking our house would burn down because of that. I had friends that went to/lived near Olle MS and I usually tried not to go around that area at night (when I started to drive).

~egon
cr0wbar
AG
RPM said:

Couldn't be the service for sure. It is impeccable.
he's using sarcasm, fyi
T Durden
AG
We probably went to mission bend elementary together.

That area became a dump in the early 90s for sure. My parents finally escaped in 94.

We lived on Mondrian drive near the front of the hood right off Lindita.
drumboy
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

I had friends that went to/lived near Olle MS and I usually tried not to go around that area at night (when I started to drive).
My sister in law teaches there and I didn't know it was that bad. Hell she lives in Katy and could teach there but I think Alief pays a little better.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
malenurse
AG
It's called the Houston Metro effect.

When Metro extends their routes to your neighborhood, prepare to move out soon.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
drumboy said:

Dr. Doctor said:

I had friends that went to/lived near Olle MS and I usually tried not to go around that area at night (when I started to drive).
My sister in law teaches there and I didn't know it was that bad. Hell she lives in Katy and could teach there but I think Alief pays a little better.
combat pay
MelvinUdall
I grew up in Alief, graduating in 1992, it was definitely becoming a s**thole when I was graduating and yes the area around Ollie MS is awful, just awful. It is a shame what it has become because at one point in time it was the place to raise a young family.
JSKolache
AG
It's the home of the drive-by. And Four Corners ain't in Alief.
1208HawkTree
AG
T Durden said:

We probably went to mission bend elementary together.

That area became a dump in the early 90s for sure. My parents finally escaped in 94.

We lived on Mondrian drive near the front of the hood right off Lindita.

I went to Petrosky Elem. until 1987, I was a year off. We moved out summer 1987 after my fifth grade year. Your street doesn't ring a bell, but it's been awhile. We were on Paso Hondo, on the right side of Bellaire heading west.
T Durden
AG
I see. I played sports with AYA with a bunch of Alief folks. My good buddy Steve lived just on the other side of Bellair from you. Different times in the 80s in Mission Bend.

7 day food store on Winklemen as sjust down the street from me.
1208HawkTree
AG
My best friend was Steve and played AYA baseball. Last name start with L and went to Hastings?
T Durden
AG
Nah, different guy. Anyway OP stay clear of mission Bend...
NoahAg
Alief: Why it's good to live in a strong HOA.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.