Houston
Sponsored by

Chadillac Backyard Waterpark in Conroe

31,206 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Whoop Delecto
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like a redneck oasis. You can bring your alcohol, food, and camping gear.

Anybody been?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/click2daily/click2daily-chadillacs-backyard-waterpark-in-conroe
Aggie09Derek
AG
No, but I know one of the guys who runs it.

Looks like it would be a lot of fun if you lived up in that part of the world. Very reasonable price since it's BYOB. Probably a little too redneck for me.
JSKolache
AG
$20 to "swim" in an East MoCo tailings pond? Gross. Something wild and crazy is going to happen up there and it won't end well. Looks like fun though.
TXTransplant
I saw that article today and all I could think was:

1) how in the hell is that water green/turquoise (in some pics I saw it looked turquoise) and not muddy brown, and

2) it's going to close when someone contracts the brain-eating amoeba.
Farmer1906
AG
TXTransplant said:

My thoughts exactly.
BarryProfit
TXTransplant said:

Will anyone be able to tell the difference?
Texas A&M
It looks like a poor man's version of the park up in Waco.

jja79
AG
Why was this on the news?
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

"It's real laid-back and you don't have a bunch of rules to follow, as long as you're safe and have a good time," Fuentes said. "I think the fact that it's kind of backcountry almost like a redneck style."
What could go wrong?
htxag09
AG
jja79 said:

Why was this on the news?
I find myself asking this for about 90% of news stories.
Al Bula
AG
Glowing Yelp reviews:
Quote:

This place is someone backyard first off all. The parking lot sucks and there's is poison ivy all Over the ground in the lot. The water is dirty and will be stagnant because there is no flowing water and the water stinks . The bottom of the pond is nasty it like swimming in a swamp it was not worth the 20 dollars a person to get in at all. I would not be going back to the place.
Quote:

Stagnant, smelly, chemical treated water with no sort of filtration system, and tons of poison ivy all over. It is also really pricey for what it is, which is basically someone's stock pond that they built a couple if slides by. You have to sign a waiver upon entering, which honestly should have been my first red flag. With a supreme lack of supervision and a bunch of drunk adults, I wouldn't say this place is suitable for kids. Will not be going back.
Quote:

Wish we could say we experienced the waterpark; sadly, we were unable to enjoy our planned trip to Chadallic - due to a complete "miscommunication" and "confusion" on the staff's behalf about pricing.
We are business owners ourselves, so I understand the need to make money - however, this is the situation:
My niece is on army leave and on army pay - which sadly, isnt much. We had contacted Chadallic a few weeks ago - were told it would be $20 per day per person from 10 am to midnight for the 3rd and 4th of July (the holiday "festival" was only the 1st and 2nd). We arrived at the park on July 3rd at 12:30 PM to be informed, they would open at 3 PM. So we wait... only to then be informed by two seperate representatives of Chadallic that it would actually be $30 per person per day. Plus the camping cost would actually be $10 per person, not per tent as previously stated.
Its very disappointing to plan and have our family save for 3 weeks, then drive over an hour to enjoy ourselves at the place, only to find out last minute that we would be charged $40 per person per dat- and have less time. That is twice the cost. We literally called to clarify the prices from their gate.
Prices are prices. Most places, holidays do cost more. We get that. But shouldn't be decided 2 days before to double your prices.
So our soldier was not able to celebrate this Independence Day as they had planned.
Just feel like principal was an issue here and feel as our money should be spent elsewhere.
After stating our disappointment, we were then offered a discount. Honestly, at that point it was too late. We had moved on to make the best of what was left of our time. Just a piece of advice for the owners, please make sure you give your potential customers the correct information!
Quote:

Its okay. My teenaged kids and I were very happy to see a watering hole so convenient to our house and were very excited to check it out. We went on Saturday, got there about 3pm. Wasn't too crowded and was nice enough but overpriced IMO. At $10 a day I'd say itd be priced right. At $20 a day, not so much. Clay bottom (not sand) which is squishy but not bad. Shallow areas for the kiddos, 2 slides and a zip line. Water is heavily treated as it is not running water and will likely lend itself to stagnancy.... overall I'd say it's okay. Prolly wont visit again unless price drops.
Jock 07
AG
Quote:

East MoCo
Get the **** out with that stupid ****
schmendeler
AG
what would you say the current percentage of urine is in that pond?
bigjag19
AG
schmendeler said:

what would you say the current percentage of urine is in that pond?

36% pbv
chimpanzee
Seems about right for a "family owned" recreation facility behind The Pine Curtain. The odds that this place gets shut down by the state for something completely unrelated to the whole "swimming hole" thing are pretty high.

Turns out redneck kitsch isn't all that kitschy.
drumboy
AG
I still want to go and I bet I'd have a good time with my redneck friends.
Ducks4brkfast
AG

Water this opaque is a lifeguard's nightmare and is practically begging for a child drowning to occur.
wessimo
AG
That is disgusting.
schmendeler
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Water this opaque is a lifeguard's nightmare and is practically begging for a child drowning to occur.

it's only a matter of time, imo.
Diggity
AG
I believe the dye color they went with is called "Soylent Green"
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
and I thought galveston water looked ****ty
The Wonderer
AG
Flashdiaz said:

and I thought galveston water looked ****ty
I'm sure both have above average fecal matter in them.
Ag_07
AG
How have we gone this far and mentioned the rahtarded name for this place?

Chadillac's???

That just screams Whiskey Tango blaring bro country wearing their Hurley boardshorts and white Oakleys as they roll up in their jacked up Chevys with 'Oilfield Trash' all over the back window.

No thanks
MAS444
AG
But they say the water is "filtered" and is actually drinkable!
The Wonderer
AG
MAS444 said:

But they say the water is "filtered" and is actually drinkable!
So is sea water to a certain extent. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so.
MAS444
AG
I don't drink salt water. But when Chadillac says his water is drinkable, I believe him. I can't wait to surprise my wife with a weekend trip!
The Wonderer
AG
If you can't trust Chadillac, then just who can you trust in the Piney Woods?
JSKolache
AG
Jock 07 said:

Quote:

East MoCo
Get the **** out with that stupid ****
Easy brah, east county is a way of life
JYDog90
AG
Water looks like someone is rinsing out a paint bucket.
Formerly Willy Wonka
BohunkAg
AG
The one in Waco is an Emergency Room filler. I would imagine this one will be too.
NoahAg
Hulla Baller
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had forgotten about the one in Waco. Looking at the aerial they've continued to grow the redneckiness of it. And all spitting distance from the Branch Davidian compound.
Buck O Five
AG
TXTransplant said:

1) how in the hell is that water green/turquoise (in some pics I saw it looked turquoise) and not muddy brown, and

One of my top 10 least favorite amoebas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.