Houston
Sponsored by

Palillo

4,797 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
Sorrell Booke
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ken Hoffman tweeted last night the CP will be on 1560 and some on 97.5. Thats all the details he gave.
Liquid Wrench
I didn't realize Gow Media had bought Culture Map. And Hoffman left the Slideshow for Culture Map, so I guess he's in the know.
Aggie Rick
AG
I kinda miss Charlie taking calls from every intelligent sports fan in Houston ... "Yes, I think trading Ryan Anderson for Kevin Durant would be a great move for the Rockets but I am not sure the Warriors would agree to that deal"
Texan1976
Thank God. Guess I will turn back to 1560 for the first time in 10 years. Hope they have a signal.
digging tunnels
AG
1560 still exists??? Anybody worth a damn on there?
MelvinUdall
Texan1976 said:

Thank God. Guess I will turn back to 1560 for the first time in 10 years. Hope they have a signal.

Looking forward to hearing him, especially during this Astros run.
aggie7911
Hours of caller driven radio .
Smokedraw01
Sorrell Booke said:

Ken Hoffman tweeted last night the CP will be on 1560 and some on 97.5. Thats all the details he gave.

Awesome. I still would rather stream The Ticket instead.
"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******." – Raylan Givens, "Justified."
cone
AG
gotta get your Rangers talk
Col. Steve Austin
AG
I hope he has an on-air partner. CP has an encyclopedic knowledge of sports but he's "kinda dry" on his own.
Liquid Wrench
HumbleAg said:

I hope he has an on-air partner. CP has an encyclopedic knowledge of sports but he's "kinda dry" on his own.
He's had partners or at least regular guests in the past. I don't know why 790 hung him out there by himself for the whole show. Maybe it was his preference, but I doubt it. It did get pretty dry.
Liquid Wrench
digging tunnels said:

1560 still exists??? Anybody worth a damn on there?
They carry The Skeeters live broadcasts.

http://www.sbnation1560.com/on-air-schedule/
cone
AG
i'm anxious to see how CP is going to **** all over this Astros team
cajunaggie08
AG
ChiliBeans said:

HumbleAg said:

He's had partners or at least regular guests in the past. I don't know why 790 hung him out there by himself for the whole show. Maybe it was his preference, but I doubt it. It did get pretty dry.
They paired him with Lance Zierlein for a few months. I like both guys but it was certainly an odd pairing
Texan1976
CP's weekly spots with Nolan Ryan were the best thing on Houston radio. Hope he continues that.
jbeaman88
AG
Just heard the news yesterday that LZ is leaving the Houston airways after this week. Hate to hear that but at least Charlie is returning.
BarryProfit
Is CP officially returning? Having seen any public confirm.
GEA89
AG
jbeaman88 said:

Just heard the news yesterday that LZ is leaving the Houston airways after this week. Hate to hear that but at least Charlie is returning.
Where is he heading?
Mikeyshooter
AG
NFL.com and podcast
BohunkAg
AG
MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

Glad to have him back on the radio, especially during baseball season.
BohunkAg
AG
Charlie still Charlie

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Charlie-Pallilo-returning-Houston-sportstalk-radio-11437306.php

Quote:

Pallilo said he never considered leaving Houston and does not intend to change his more cerebral style of talk radio in his new role on KGOW.

"There will be a difference of working middays as opposed to afternoon drive, but as a solo host I will always want the interaction with callers," he said.

"I will not be modernizing to do a show around phallic references or any similar sub-knuckle-dragging, lowest common denominator material."
Bone6
I don't understand why he doesn't have interactions with other established sports personalities, athletes, and coaches rather than the dumbest callers of the Houston area.
cone
AG
he's dedicated to being boring af
MelvinUdall
Bone6 said:

I don't understand why he doesn't have interactions with other established sports personalities, athletes, and coaches rather than the dumbest callers of the Houston area.

He does, his Nolan Ryan segment was really good radio.
The Blue Goose
AG
nhayden said:

Bone6 said:

He does, his Nolan Ryan segment was really good radio.

He also used to have Brian Cushing and Kevin McHale on weekly, though it's been awhile.
Ag_07
AG
Bone6 said:

Yet he acts like a condescending a-hole when he hears outlandish trade scenarios, crazy draft strategies, and overall dumb takes from said callers.

I never understood that. If you don't want to put up with stupid takes don't interact with the stupid callers.
cone
AG
Quote:

I never understood that.
but he does want to take stupid callers because he does want to act like a pompous *******
86 Tex Ag
AG
Didn't he also have Matt Bullard on with him? Those were good Rockets segments.
cr0wbar
AG
Charlie Palillo - as fun as a root canal
aggie7911
Pallio sucks.
runontexas
AG
Josh Innes should call in from time to time

THE GOAT OF HOUSTON RADIO
AustinCountyAg
runontexas said:

Josh Innes should call in from time to time

THE GOAT OF HOUSTON RADIO

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.