Houston
Sponsored by

Rocky Carroll...RIP

1,646 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag03 CQE
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Houston legend has died. Rocky and his boots were a fixture at Harris County and Texas GOP events and fundraisers for decades. HE would always donate a pair of his custom made boots as an auction or door prize and it was always a huge hit. Almost every time the winning bid was announced Rocky would stand up and ask the second place bid if they were interested in another pair at their bid. Raised thousands at each event. I always wanted a pair of his customs and had planned on stopping by his shop ( for years) . Just one of those things that I was going to do a bit later...now its too late damn it...
Quite a character , we will miss him.
RIP Rocky
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Legendary-Houston-boot-maker-Rocky-Carroll-has-11238759.php

Al Bula
AG
I blame Kim Ogg

agnatgas
AG
Here

"Who's gonna fill their shoes" as song by George Jones
AgLA06
AG
He's wasn't the guy you wanted to rob either.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
Some of the guys making boots for him now work for Texas National Outfitters on Katy Freeway by Goode Company and Carter's Country.
ccolley68
AG
Here

The dude was one of a kind. Well worth a trip into his shop every once in a while just to hear him talk. I sadly never got a pair of boots from him, but my brother in law did.
Ag03 CQE
AG
I thought this thread was about this guy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.