Houston
Sponsored by

United Club Passes Expiring End of June

4,131 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
XpressAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No longer for sale.

EDIT: Passed these off to a neighbor who will be taking his chances in the United Lounge.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Hell nah.
The Milkman
AG
$20 a person to get into United Club!?! Hell no. They don't have real meals and it's just basic domestics and house wine for free booze.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Act up in there and no telling what United will do to you.
Liquid Wrench
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Act up in there and no telling what United will do to you.
All they can do is try.
wessimo
AG
Really has gone downhill. Horrible.
Jock 07
AG
Not to mention unless you're in there at 5 am or 10 pm is crowded as ****
Oso96
AG
Do these come with a free assault?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Good luck with your impending battery and assault by uniformed United employees. Please let me know if I can refer you to an appropriate lawyer.
Tom Hagen
AG
I miss Continental.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AMEX lounge or GTFO
cr0wbar
LostInLA07
AG
AMEX lounge is great except it's in a really inconvenient location unless you're travelling out of D.
Jock 07
AG
LostInLA07 said:

AMEX lounge is great except it's in a really inconvenient location unless you're travelling out of D.
that seems to be my experience as well at all their locations that I've been to (DFW, LAS, SFO, to a lesser extent SEA) but still well worth the extra 5-10 minute trip. SFO's wine wall is pretty cool. IAH seems to be the least crowded of all the centurion lounges in my experience however.
The Milkman
AG
Price drop to $20 total
IrishTxAggie
AG
I have the AMEX Platinum, so I got the Priority Pass with it too. If one of the AMEX lounges are full or too far away, I'll just hit up one of the lounges in that network.
randy828
AG
ColinAggie said:

I have the AMEX Platinum, so I got the Priority Pass with it too. If one of the AMEX lounges are full or too far away, I'll just hit up one of the lounges in that network.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't pay for the fee
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ColinAggie said:

KLM and Air France let you pour your own drink
htxag09
AG
Jock 07 said:

LostInLA07 said:

that seems to be my experience as well at all their locations that I've been to (DFW, LAS, SFO, to a lesser extent SEA) but still well worth the extra 5-10 minute trip. SFO's wine wall is pretty cool. IAH seems to be the least crowded of all the centurion lounges in my experience however.

We must use different airlines. I've had the gate right outside the SFO lounge several times, LAS isn't convenient but not bad, at least it's the same terminal, and I don't find IAH terrible, it's not great and the lower level deal is weird, but it's just a couple minute walk from C security.
htxag09
AG
And speaking of IAH terminal C, the sections that have been renovated are pretty awesome, IMO. They did a great job.
htxag09
AG
The Milkman said:

Price drop to $20 total
Are you asking for a price drop or does Milkman = XpressAg??
The Milkman
AG
htxag09 said:

The Milkman said:

Price drop to $20 total
Are you asking for a price drop or does Milkman = XpressAg??
I decided to do him the favor and help him move his inventory.
The Milkman
AG
ColinAggie said:

Priority Pass came with Chase Sapphire Reserve as well... KLM lounge is a good hangout.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I get the annual fee out of the lounge pass just about.
Jock 07
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

ColinAggie said:

but what is the quality of the booze there? Centurion has, by far, the best drinks and food of any domestic airline club that I've been in (united, delta, and random priority pass lounges)
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jock 07 said:

ColinAggie said:

but what is the quality of the booze there? Centurion has, by far, the best drinks and food of any domestic airline club that I've been in (united, delta, and random priority pass lounges)
Jock 07
AG
yea, i'll take the centurion lounge options over those any day, bartender or not. They make pretty damn good mixed drinks as well including a quality old fashioned.
Al Bula
AG
I'd gladly sit in a crowded ass United club swilling domestic drafts and snack mix since it will be devoid of snobby dbags too good to sit in a United club.
IrishTxAggie
AG
RPM said:

I'd gladly sit in a crowded ass United club swilling domestic drafts and snack mix since it will be devoid of snobby dbags too good to sit in a United club.

Haha! lolpoor
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
RPM said:

Nothing like sitting at the bar in the Terminal B lounge waiting for the 6:40 p.m. Friday winged wastebasket to Charlotte while swilling whiskey flavored liquor, eating ratty cheese and salad, and watching the Phillies v. the Marlins on those tiny ass TVs behind the counter.

In all seriousness, if the KLM and Air France lounges were closer, I'd use them every time.

I really really really wish that the Jones Act would get amended to allow foreign carriers to operate domestic routes so that players like Emirates, Ethiad, Cathay Pacific, and and Turkish could ramp up operations and open lounges that further embarrass United.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hell, Air China in Hong Kong and Beijing put United to shame! And when the Chinese lounges are better than yours, that's saying something.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jock 07 said:

yea, i'll take the centurion lounge options over those any day, bartender or not. They make pretty damn good mixed drinks as well including a quality old fashioned.
Free booze is free booze.
XpressAg09
AG
Staff: Thread Title Change Request.

"Houston Airport Lounge and Waiting Area Appreciation Thread"
Jock 07
AG

Jock 07 said:

Free booze is free booze.

Hope your standards in women is higher than your standards in booze
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.