Houston
Sponsored by

Rottweiler attacks my dog results in $2k.

10,508 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Dog birthday party is the most incredible terrible adorable awful thing I've ever GIS'd.
tandy miller
AG
The last one's smile is the best
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Dog birthday party is the most incredible terrible adorable awful thing I've ever GIS'd.

tandy miller
AG
I wish I could be more help. Unfortunately, I only know 1 animal lawyer, and he is an expert in bird law
randy828
AG
Holy sheot! This thread is hilarious and it reminded me...back in my day at A&M..a girl I went to high school with who also went to A&M had a dog birthday party and it was covered by the local news station. No sheot...I was watching the news one night and that is how I knew.

Can't make that crud up.
captkirk
AG
chemical toilet said:

Take the $1000.
Agreed. Both dogs off the leash
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Definitely missed an opportunity to call the Pet Detective to analyze the scene if yall need to determine who was at fault

buda91
AG
rhoswen
AG
This is the very first time I've ever heard of a dog birthday party and I can't stop laughing.
cheeky
AG
Should have gone after the homeowner as well.
94chem
Quote:

The last one's smile is the best
He's smiling because he's thinking about the orange diarrhea he's going to make in his owner's bed later.
Diggity
AG
social media is ruining society
Chewy
AG
Society is no different than ever. Social media is just exposing the crazy that's always existed but you never heard about. Crazy is finding crazy.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Chewy said:

Society is no different than ever. Social media is just exposing the crazy that's always existed but you never heard about. Crazy is finding crazy.
I will argue that it has impacted the way news/media present their coverage, the way we react to things, and made society more divisive.
Texaggie7nine
Diggity said:

social media is running society
FIFY
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Chewy said:

Society wasn't full of people who based a lot of their behavior on how they can photograph it and post about it on social media. Narcissism is a much more prevalent thing now.
7nine
Chewy
AG
I would say more apparent than prevalent. There's no doubt society has changed some but I'd wager there were crazy cavepeople, narcissistic cavepeople, and even homosexual cavepeople that's never been known. The thing is now you see a more apparent minority that likely existed but you never saw before.

Aren't those narcissistic people on your Facebook/Insta/Snaps feed the same people over and over again while being a relatively small percentage of all the people in your friends/network? I would say that about mine.

Media changes and makes things more apparent. Major newspaper didn't really exist until the early 1900s, broadcast TV in the 50s, cable in the 90s; Internet in the 2000s, and social media in 2010 on.

Look at what people thought about Elvis and the Beatles at the time and they seem like absolutely nothing now. Society definitely changes to a degree but I don't think it changes as much as people make it out to be.

I bet the wife of one of our founding fathers had a dog birthday party. It just never got posted on a Revolutionary message board...
agracer
AG
FCBlitz said:

Here is the context of the attack. Happened in Stafford. Ft Bend County.

My son and his GF took both of my dogs to a Birthday Party for an other dog. I can't believe someone would have a party for pets. Unfortunately I have been out of country for 2 months and probably would have not let them take the dogs.

At this party there were dogs that were allowed to stay inside. Both of my dogs (Penny and Dexter) were inside 99% of the time. So as my son, GF and 2 dogs were making the move to leave. But before they my son takes Dexter in the backyard and walks with him to pee along the fence. There were other dogs inside the backyard besides the attacking dog. While walking back my son on the look out dog poo to avoid step in it. This is where the separation occurred. My son was still a few steps behind. So he was close but for a brief instance the son and Dexter had separated just by a couple of feet. Dexter is about 15ft from the back door and was headed inside with my son a fee paces behind. There were many other people in the backyard as well so there a shield between the dog owners and their dogs. My son saw the attacking dog but froze for just a second because our dogs have never been in a dog fight. So in one motion, bites Dexter and pins him to the ground. My son then straddle the big dog and grabs thr dog using his left hand and starts pounding it with his right hand. Then with both hands pried the mouth open and separated the two dogs. The damage had been done.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I would say more apparent than prevalent.
Mostly, but social media absolutely influences behavior too. Pretty sure I made it at least 30 years of my life before I started seeing family members taking pictures of food when we go out to eat. I'm sure social media has also normalized other types of behavior for younger, more impressionable types. Hell, I know people in our age range who I'm pretty sure go to events just so they can post about their awesome times on facebook.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.