Houston
Sponsored by

Don't forget to use your hazard lights today

2,623 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jamesf
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Holy crap it's loud. Pretty sure I heard hail.

Quote:

HOUSTON - KHOU 11 Meteorologist Chita Craft is tracking an 80 percent rain chance for the Houston area today with a Flash Flood Watch in effect though he morning hours.

Craft says the risk for flooding is greater in our coastal counties because the grounds are already saturated from rain over the weekend.

A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda and Wharton counties until 1 p.m. today.

Waltonloads08
AG
Remember, if you add a quart of bleach to your gas tank, you won't need to use your hazards.

Just a FYI.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Good thing I converted my truck to a submarine over the weekend.
chiken
AG
The rain had barely started falling before a bunch of wussified "drivers" turned their hazards on. Learn to drive or pull the F over.
wessimo
AG
610 this morning looked like a rave with all the flashing lights
Ag_07
AG
My wipers weren't even on full blast and there were drivers with flashers on creeping down 610 at 35 mph.
Chewy
AG
When did this flasher phenomenon start? Is it taught in defensive driving now or is it people with no formal driver education making stuff up?

I guess they don't realize they can signal any lane changes or turns but suppose they didn't do it in the first place so it doesn't matter.
swimmerbabe11
Just wanted to report that the I-10 commuters made it in safely and no flashers were spotted. Not sure how we did it, but we managed.
aggie7911
I feel safe knowing Chita is on the case someone who was hired because she has big hooters.
Cromagnum
AG
Chewy said:

When did this flasher phenomenon start? Is it taught in defensive driving now or is it people with no formal driver education making stuff up?

I guess they don't realize they can signal any lane changes or turns but suppose they didn't do it in the first place so it doesn't matter.

Perfectly legal in Texas, but many states require you to pull over if you have them on.
CDUB98
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Just wanted to report that the I-10 commuters made it in safely and no flashers were spotted. Not sure how we did it, but we managed.
Were you inbound? I was outbound around 0645 and the flashers were dancing across the freeway.

Freaking scared ass people.
swimmerbabe11
outbound 7:30ish
jetch17
AG
aTm2004
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

outbound 7:30ish

That's because they were all out of town by that time. Plenty of flashers at 6:30 coming out of downtown on the Katy.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jetch17 said:

what the..- HOW?
swimmerbabe11
So, after that was done, when they managed to safely pull over, how long do you think they spent puking, hyperventilating, praying, and just remembering to breathe before they were okay to drive again?
Chewy
AG
It's legal to drive with flashers on? How does that work since your signals don't work when they're on?

Do you technically have to turn them off to signal a lane change or turn? Put your hand out the window like a bike signal or get an orungatan to help signal on the right side?

Learn something new every day I suppose. I'm just gonna start driving with my flashers and not worry about signaling and just be like watch out everybody my flashers are on!!!
AJ02
AG
I also thought it was illegal to drive with your hazard lights on.
jamesf
AG
It is legal in Texas (bunt not for other states). It is, however, not recommended to drive with hazard lights in bad weather.

http://clark.com/cars/illegal-use-hazard-lights-in-rain/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.