Houston
Sponsored by

Furniture Store Recommendations

3,370 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txags92
BCBags10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The wife and I are in need of some new furniture in the house.

Any recommendations on where to go that has higher end, quality furniture? Outside of the normal chains like Ashley, rooms-2-go, etc. we live on west side of town.

Thanks.
Cromagnum
AG
Star is alright. I highly recommend dealing with the Amish stores in Houston though. It's not that much more expensive than the other guys, is genuine solid wood, and you can customize the crap out of it.
txags92
AG
+1 on Amish Craftsman Furniture. It is Aggie owned and operated and their builders create some beautiful furniture. We have furniture pieces of some sort from them in just about every room in the house, and the only problem we have is that their furniture makes everything else we have look cheap in comparison. Check their website, as I believe they have a "meet the builder" weekend coming up. You can sit down with the actual Amish builders, explain exactly what you want, and get a one of a kind piece of furniture, handmade to your specs and get a significant discount off the usual pricing at the same time.
UndergroundAg
Go to Noel Furniture. I recommend you work with a designer, takes the hassle out of figuring out what goes with what.
Madmarttigan
AG
Feel as though E&G amish in sugarland had much better pricing than Amish Craftsman, still pricey due to the quality but not quite as bad.
shihitemuslim
AG
High Fashion Home
Post removed:
by user
Bibendum 86
AG
I went to Texas Mattress Makers for a new bed last year and discovered their furniture arm next door -Living Designs. Bought two rooms worth and highly recommend.
GigemCO2008
AG
Recently went through this

We went to Star, E&A, and one other spot off I-10, and we had also been to Gallery Furniture.

Now I know Gallery Furniture commercials are crap and annoying. I think their wood furniture (coffee and end tables, tables) are over priced. I build my own wood furniture bc it saves about half of the cost.

Now when it came to couches, we couldn't find what we wanted elsewhere and Gallery at first seemed overpriced, until we started to try and find comparables.

We ended up going with Gallery (off 99 south of I-10) and we love it. I hope it lasts a long time, but so far so good.

Also, Texas Furniture Hut carries some of the same brands as Gallery, just a little lesss expensive, but not as much variety.

Good luck in your search.
Mr.Bond
AG
Is texas mattress makers truly that much cheaper than other retailers for mattresses
MyMamaSaid
AG
I've bought 4 mattress sets there over the past 3 years because it is much, much less expensive than traditional mattress retailers. The product is very good, as well.
Post removed:
by user
MyMamaSaid
AG
haha That's one way to look at it.
Bibendum 86
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Is texas mattress makers truly that much cheaper than other retailers for mattresses
I think so, although we bought something top of the line. I'm very impressed with the mattress and their service.

I was very impressed with Living Design, though. We got two couches and three chairs that are of very high quality for a fraction of what we spent for similar stuff a while back at Louis Shanks.

The guy who owns both made furniture and mattresses for brand names for years and just recently started doing direct to consumer.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
When I went to buy a matterss at Texas Matterss Makers, Mattress Mac was there buying their couches and other furniture to sell at his place.
FlyFish95
Quote:

I highly recommend dealing with the Amish stores in Houston though. It's not that much more expensive than the other guys,

My checking account would sadly disagree with this statement. The quality is outstanding though.
RustyBV
AG
Bassett, can customize and also get credits towards future purchases if you don't have to repair a leather scratch or the like...
clintaggie04
AG
James Craig Furniture
Satellite of Love
I have couches from Basset Furniture and love them. Probably the most comfortable couch I have spent time on.
txags92
AG
Fyi, the meet the builder day I was referring to above at Amish Craftsman is on May 13th. Their email flyer says 20% off select builder orders. They really will sit you down with a builder, their catalogue, and a pad of paper and you can come up with a custom design piece or pieces to meet your needs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.