Houston
Sponsored by

Tuesday Rainpocalypse

4,110 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosDog02
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like every big rain we start a thread to ***** about how it ruined our day, so I will start.

Light out at 146 and 517. Backed up for 15 mins. And, I watered the grass last night because I just put down some new sod and stupid WeatherBug said 50 percent chance for today.
aTm2004
AG
These dumbasses on the road believe that a wet road automatically means you cut the speed limit in half. at least I didn't see any of the emergency flasher idiots driving around.
Ag_07
AG
And whatta ya know...Weather nerds didn't see this coming.
Ghost91
Obligatory:

Never forget.
CDUB98
AG
aTm2004 said:

These dumbasses on the road believe that a wet road automatically means you cut the speed limit in half. at least I didn't see any of the emergency flasher idiots driving around.
schmellba99
AG
aTm2004 said:

Surprisingly I only saw one emergency flasher in the rain dude today.

I would have been happy with half speed limit - seems 2004 near Texas City was down to about 1/4 of the speed limit. Metric crap ton of rain though - felt like I was driving down to Venice on the way to the jobsite. Pretty much the only thing not underwater was the road.

Danbury got over 10", at least half the town is flooded out right now. Started raining at midnight, still hasn't stopped.
Texaggie7nine
Flying into Hobby tonight. Will I need a boat to get home?
7nine
gambochaman
AG
nah
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
aTm2004 said:

Yankees
Cromagnum
AG
aTm2004 said:

I saw several, in both lanes. Also saw a bunch of Nascar drivers thinking you can still go 80+ on 288 when the road is causing everyone to hydroplane.
Cromagnum
AG
And this year might be the same as last year. 'Murica

JJxvi
AG
Ag_07 said:

Saw what coming? If there was any "weather nerd" posts yesterday and today happened, there would be a 5 page thread about sensationalism.
Cromagnum
AG
JJxvi said:

Ag_07 said:

Saw what coming? If there was any "weather nerd" posts yesterday and today happened, there would be a 5 page thread about sensationalism.

That's the point. Spout off about doom and gloom that doesn't happen or don't mention any concerns at all and yet it happens. Always wrong.
JJxvi
AG
Nothing happened today except it rained. They weren't "wrong" except in the sense that there are obviously going to be people *****ing either way and this thread is proof.

The biggest, barely weather related, thing that happened with this as far as I can tell is that an alligator wandered around a neighborhood and people got annoyed with traffic. There would be 5 pages of people posting pictures of puddle memes showing the "flooding" if the exact weather today followed predictions of a severe rain event.
Andyzipp
AG
Cromagnum said:

JJxvi said:

Ag_07 said:

That's the point. Spout off about doom and gloom that doesn't happen or don't mention any concerns at all and yet it happens. Always wrong.

I just check Space City Weather. They get it right (most of the time) without an ounce of hype. Better, when they do just completely whiff, they own up to it.
Ag_07
AG
Yep. They're good to follow

From Eric

Quote:

These storms have been pretty unpredictable (certainly there was little expectation of a nine-inch rain bomb just south of Houston on Monday and Monday night), so we'll have to keep on alert for most of today.

So I don't wanna hear about they didn't say anything because they didn't wanna hype it up and knew people would beetch either way. The just flat out didn't know it was gonna happen.
Al Bula
AG
JJxvi said:

Nothing happened today except it rained. They weren't "wrong" except in the sense that there are obviously going to be people *****ing either way and this thread is proof.

The biggest, barely weather related, thing that happened with this as far as I can tell is that an alligator wandered around a neighborhood and people got annoyed with traffic. There would be 5 pages of people posting pictures of puddle memes showing the "flooding" if the exact weather today followed predictions of a severe rain event.
98Ag99Grad
AG
a year ago this time we had record flooding. April 18 just sucks I guess.
JJxvi
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yep. They're good to follow

From Eric

Quote:

These storms have been pretty unpredictable (certainly there was little expectation of a nine-inch rain bomb just south of Houston on Monday and Monday night), so we'll have to keep on alert for most of today.

So I don't wanna hear about they didn't say anything because they didn't wanna hype it up and knew people would beetch either way. The just flat out didn't know it was gonna happen.
I guess if you don't wanna hear about it, don't post it yourself, because nobody said anything remotely close to that or anything about their motivations. Just pointing out that someone on this board will say they were wrong no matter what they actually say in the build up. This "event" was milder than others which have been called a non event here before and yet, someone actually posted that the "weather nerds got it wrong" as if that person actually wanted the sensationalism and to be warned.
Al Bula
AG
Umm did Frank Billingsley stand you up for a date or something? Cuz that weather rant is gay AF.
JJxvi
AG
nope
88jrt06
AG
RPM said:

Umm did Frank Billingsley stand you up for a date or something? Cuz that weather rant is gay AF.

What are you: 14?
schmellba99
AG
Fuggin 2004 was shut down today. Halls Bayou way over its banks. Should have checked the traffic map prior to heading that way.

Going,to be a fair amount of insurance spending on tbis one. Lots of,property damage south of town. Nothing compared to what it would have been had parts of Houston got hit, but still - a whole lot of folks had bad, bad days.
rangerdanger
AG
Blink on!
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Says the guy losing his s*** over a message board poster criticizing weathermen
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
schmellba99 said:

Fuggin 2004 was shut down today. Halls Bayou way over its banks. Should have checked the traffic map prior to heading that way.

Going,to be a fair amount of insurance spending on tbis one. Lots of,property damage south of town. Nothing compared to what it would have been had parts of Houston got hit, but still - a whole lot of folks had bad, bad days.
Checked the radar this morning. All clear except one little finger of rain right up the ass of your area. Salt to the wound.
TexAg15
AG

Until Frankie gets concerned, I don't.
88jrt06
AG
Nice sock!
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Dont know what that means, but thanks I guess
BrazosDog02
AG
I wish the hazard flasher idiots would just pull to the shoulder and stop until the sun comes out. It's ****ing dangerous for me to drive posted speed limits while having to navigate in and out of lanes around those f---tards.

If you don't have the skills or the brain to think quick enough to drive on a road with rain...Just f-ing get off the road already. I'm trying to get somewhere and you slow **** down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.