Houston
Sponsored by

El Tiempo Fajitas

5,584 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
grizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know where to get one or two of those warming towers they use? My cousin moved to TN, and he wants to buy a couple of them. I have no idea where to look besides Ace Mart and Restaurant Supply. TIA
BadAzzBohemian
AG
Perhaps in the burned out rubble at Mason and Kingsland in Katy.
Ag_07
AG
I coulda sworn this was gonna be about buying the same fajitas next door at the meat market.
I Am A Critic
Thinking way outside the box here...have you considered asking El Tiempo where they acquired theirs?
Liquid Wrench
I Am A Critic said:

Thinking way outside the box here...have you considered asking El Tiempo where they acquired theirs?
I have. Manager told me gets them from a market in Mexico. I talked him into selling me one but he didn't sound like he wanted to do that regularly. Doesn't hurt to ask.
grizzo
AG
Thanks, ChiliBeans. Quite honestly, I figured that was the case, and I don't really intend to do much leg work on this.

Critic, your name is on point. You come watch my kids, and I'll go to El Tiempo for extended research. I've been meaning to spend a few hours inspecting the glass at the bottom of their platinum margs. Cool?
Al Bula
AG
It's late morning and this thread has not devolved into:
- Filet vs skirt steak fajita meat
- Overpriced "upscale" Mexican food
- General El Tiempo vs Lupe Tortilla debate
- Best playground area at an area Mexican food joint
- Being too scared to try out Mexican food joints on Long Point
- Best breakfast tacos in Houston
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
my maid can make better fajitas at my home
Buck O Five
AG
BadAzzBohemian said:

Perhaps in the burned out rubble at Mason and Kingsland in Katy.
CFTXAG10
AG
Speaking of El Tiempo, I guess their location on 45S that never opened is just going to sit there forever?
vansprinkle
AG
RPM said:

- Being too scared to try out Mexican food joints on Long Point

Chavez on Gessner is the tits. Too bad the game room that was next door closed down.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Speaking of El Tiempo, I guess their location on 45S that never opened is just going to sit there forever?
you might be waiting a while on that
BohunkAg
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

CFTXAG10 said:

you might be waiting a while on that
Quote:

Attorney Tony Buzbee tells the Chronicle that the disputed payments stem from El Tiempo's inability to complete construction on time or on budget. His clients intend to hold El Tiempo to its agreement, which calls for up to 18 locations.

"El Tiempo is just trying to get out of the binding contract they have with my clients," Buzbee adds. "My clients intend to honor the agreement and complete the restaurant, and offer the public the same great service, atmosphere and food they have come to expect from El Tiempo."
Big Tony is involved in that.
TXAG 05
AG
What about the 290 El Tiempo? Is there a target date for that?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Still waiting on a Sugar Land El Tiempo.
Chewy
AG
What's some good Mexican joints on LoPo?

I'll hang up and listen
White Liberals=The Worst
grizzo said:

Anyone know where to get one or two of those warming towers they use? My cousin moved to TN, and he wants to buy a couple of them. I have no idea where to look besides Ace Mart and Restaurant Supply. TIA
No offense, but what's the relevance of this? Why would he need a couple of these in Tennessee and not here or wherever it was he lived previously? Just curious.
sts7049
AG
they haven't razed it yet?
Al Bula
AG
When is the La Porte location gonna open up?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Chewy said:

I'll hang up and listen
Casa de Leon
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Chewy said:

I'll hang up and listen

Love me some Tostada Regia
Ag_07
AG
Chewy said:

I'll hang up and listen

La Plaza @ LoPo and Bingle
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
jayelbee said:

RPM said:

It's late morning and this thread has not devolved into:
- General El Tiempo vs Lupe Tortilla debate

There is no debate. Lupe is ass.

I love Lupes, and they don't spontaneously combust.

Still need to find a place on the west side that can make a killer breakfast burrito.
Liquid Wrench
grizzo said:

Thanks, ChiliBeans. Quite honestly, I figured that was the case, and I don't really intend to do much leg work on this.

Critic, your name is on point. You come watch my kids, and I'll go to El Tiempo for extended research. I've been meaning to spend a few hours inspecting the glass at the bottom of their platinum margs. Cool?

I still believe there has to be a way to find them if we knew the proper term and spelling, but I haven't had any luck.
grizzo
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

No offense, but what's the relevance of this? Why would he need a couple of these in Tennessee and not here or wherever it was he lived previously? Just curious.

You start your post with, "No offense, but..." so you are clearly trying to cause a offense. You contradict your first statement by simply saying "but" after it.

To satisfy your curiosity, I would assume he wouldn't need them living in Houston because he could simply drive to the El Tiempo and eat. However, he is not in Houston. He is in Tennesee, and it's true. He is my cousin.

I stand by my question, and I appreciate the honest answers I've received. I knew there'd be at least one Ag that had made an attempt at these things.

No offense, but shame on whoever would blue star your post.
grizzo
AG
ChiliBeans said:

grizzo said:

I still believe there has to be a way to find them if we knew the proper term and spelling, but I haven't had any luck.

If I find out anymore, I'll be sure to share, Chili.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Looks like I need to go drink margaritas at El Tiempo, you know, "for research"
Marauder Blue 6
AG
grizzo said:

ChiliBeans said:

grizzo said:

If I find out anymore, I'll be sure to share, Chili.
I asked here at work and what you're looking for is called an "anafre", or portable stove. Your best bet is a flea market or some place like Reyes Produce next to Canino Market.

http://www.venta.com.mx/anafre
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, can also try searching "brasero de mesa" for contraptions that serve a similar purpose.

No luck finding anything identical online to what they use at Tiempo.
drumboy
AG
grizzo said:

You start your post with, "No offense, but..." so you are clearly trying to cause a offense. You contradict your first statement by simply saying "but" after it.

"I'm not trying to be racist, but......"
Panama Red
AG

"Margs" or you are not doing it right
drumboy
AG
Panama Red said:

"Margs" or you are not doing it right
Uh, only if you like to hang out with dudes that like the strawberry margs.
Chewy
AG
Thanks for the LoPo Mexican suggestions. I'll have to check some of them out. At least something good came from this thread.

While not on LoPo a personal favorite for breakfast tacos in the Dirty Branch is Taqueria Cancun at Gessner and Hammerly. They're freaking delicious and cheap.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Chewy said:

I'll hang up and listen
Casa de Leon
This place blows Taqueria Cancun out of the water.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.