Houston
Sponsored by

Cop watching for speeders at 59/610

4,101 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Wonderer
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are a lot of people in this town who went with the economy plan on their cars. Surprisingly expensive brands that didn't come with the turn signal option.
88jrt06
AG
TxElsie said:

There are a lot of people in this town who went with the economy plan on their cars. Surprisingly expensive brands that didn't come with the turn signal option.

I use my turn signal strategically, i.e., to intimidate and mislead. That baby's in MY toolbox. I'm not out there to comfort less skilled drivers. It's simple, hang to the right, and take a sec, as you view my tail lights, to admire a native Houstonian....in charge. Out my way. Fixin congestion.
In The Tine.
Ciboag96
So when do they start dragging texting/facebooking/snapchatting drivers out of their cars and beating them publicly with phone books? That law pass yet?
The Wonderer
AG
Ciboag96 said:

So when do they start dragging texting/facebooking/snapchatting drivers out of their cars and beating them publicly with phone books? That law pass yet?
Hasn't passed both houses yet. House approved and Senate approved a similar bill I believe.

If signed by Abbott, the effective date is 9/1 as I don't recall seeing effectiveness upon signing, but I could be wrong on that.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/03/15/texting-driving/
FtBendTxAg
AG
Cop is always at 610 and 59 during my commute these days. But it's always a bottle neck so not sure how he'd be looking for speeders as we're all going 15 mph stop and go. He's looking at stickers pretty plainly.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

HumbleAg said:

In the Eastbound lanes of BW 8 North between the toll plaza and 45 it is pretty common to see 5-6 LEO's running radar during the afternoon drive. I bet they catch a lot of folks that go past the 1st or 2nd car thinking they're good and speed up only to get ticketed by the next officer.

Based on who I've seen them pull over and the speed I see people driving that they don't stop, I'm pretty sure they are giving tickets for going through the EZTag lane without an EZTag.
Well there's that element too. But do they have access to real time data on the violators to know who to ticket? I know there are usually 2-3 people pulled over everyday when I roll past.
The Wonderer
AG
HumbleAg said:

aggiebq03+ said:

HumbleAg said:

In the Eastbound lanes of BW 8 North between the toll plaza and 45 it is pretty common to see 5-6 LEO's running radar during the afternoon drive. I bet they catch a lot of folks that go past the 1st or 2nd car thinking they're good and speed up only to get ticketed by the next officer.

Based on who I've seen them pull over and the speed I see people driving that they don't stop, I'm pretty sure they are giving tickets for going through the EZTag lane without an EZTag.
Well there's that element too. But do they have access to real time data on the violators to know who to ticket? I know there are usually 2-3 people pulled over everyday when I roll past.
The booths indicate when a non-payer rolls through.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.