Houston
Sponsored by

Daughter looking for summer rental/sublease for Internship

3,060 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Htownag11
Action86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter has a landed a summer Internship in West Houston! Now we need to find housing for the summer. She will be working near I-69 and I-610 from June 5th to August 18th. We live in Rockwall and do not have family or friends in Houston. She is a current student at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. Dad is an Aggie, Grandpa is an Aggie, Great Grandpa is an Aggie, brother is an Aggie - she just wanted a little more artsy school . Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
UndergroundAg
Hi, good afternoon. Do you happen to have a picture of her that you can post? Thank you.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Being from an art college, would it be possible to arrange for rent to be paid in weed?
chico
AG
Action86 said:

Bondag
AG
Quote:

working near I-69 and I-610
This is an hour from West Houston.

And it is 59
aTm2004
AG
I-69 as well. Could you post some of her likes so I can see if she may be a fit for the extra space? Also, I'm considered an "artist" as well by many standards.
aTm2004
AG
Bondag said:

Quote:

working near I-69 and I-610
This is an hour from West Houston.

And it is 59
This. 59 @ 610 is not west Houston. That's like calling the M-Streets "east Dallas"
kubiak03
WES2006AG
AG
This thread.
Lonestarandi
AG
poor OP
Spore Ag
What are the dates? We have garage apartment in W. University.
88jrt06
AG
Action86 said:

My daughter has a landed a summer Internship in West Houston! Now we need to find housing for the summer. She will be working near I-69 and I-610 from June 5th to August 18th. We live in Rockwall and do not have family or friends in Houston. She is a current student at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. Dad is an Aggie, Grandpa is an Aggie, Great Grandpa is an Aggie, brother is an Aggie - she just wanted a little more artsy school . Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey Rockwall:
Kidding aside, tell folks "She'll be working near The Loop (610) and the SW Freeway (59/69). Short time period: Noticed someone mentioned "garage apt" on this thread.
Good idea. Try Rice U. msg boards. Bellaire, West U have a lot of garage apts. Try their local newspapers (Maybe google "Examiner newspapers"). Good luck!
88jrt06
AG
Dp
jetch17
AG
Tom Hagen
AG
Rule #1
The Wonderer
jpc08
AG
First let me just say you definitely came to the right place. If the upstanding citizens of the Tine board can't find your daughter a place to stay, no one can.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Or "The Galleria Area"...

She can kiss all her disposable income goodbye if she's living near there.
AggieT
AG
jpc08 said:

First let me just say you definitely came to the right place. If the upstanding citizens of the Tine board can't find your daughter a place to stay, no one can.
Did you have a second point that you wanted to make?
jpc08
AG
AggieT said:

jpc08 said:

Did you have a second point that you wanted to make?
Secondly, no I did not.
wessimo
AG
Predictable responses are predictable.
Daytona22
AG
Hey! My buddy has a place that he is currently looking for someone to sublease. It's in a pretty good location and close to where she will be interning. Price is $1000 per month. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested. I can see if he would be interested if he can't find anyone in the next few weeks to take May.

Small world as his sister is actually studying at Savannah Art School right now as well. She may know your daughter. Good luck finding a spot!
WishIWasTheWeather
AG
We have a garage apartment available during that time. It would include access to the main living spaces (kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.).

Our house is in Oak Forest, which is at TC Jester & 610. If you are interested, we can send pictures of the apartment and discuss rate.
Action86
AG
WishIWasTheWeather said:

We have a garage apartment available during that time. It would include access to the main living spaces (kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.).

Our house is in Oak Forest, which is at TC Jester & 610. If you are interested, we can send pictures of the apartment and discuss rate.
Thanks Wish, Yes I am interested in talking. Can you email me at allanbw at lightbits.com so that we can continue the conversation? Thanks.
Action86
AG
malibuVLX said:

Hey! My buddy has a place that he is currently looking for someone to sublease. It's in a pretty good location and close to where she will be interning. Price is $1000 per month. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested. I can see if he would be interested if he can't find anyone in the next few weeks to take May.

Small world as his sister is actually studying at Savannah Art School right now as well. She may know your daughter. Good luck finding a spot!
Thanks Mailbu, I direct messaged you but can you email me at allanbw at lightbits.com?
Thanks.
Daytona22
AG
apologies for the late response. I have replied. you have my email address now and can reach me easily moving forward.
Buck O Five
AG
Aggies are generally courteous folk with a good nature. The Tine board are more like A&M baseball fans. We are going to find out about your pitcher's sister's learning disability and use it against you all game.
bigjag19
AG
Whatever happened to chemical toilet? He was usually looking for roommates.
CDUB98
AG
bigjag19 said:

Whatever happened to chemical toilet? He was usually looking for roommates.

He's over on the GB trying to get laid.
Bondag
AG
Try the e hump thread
Htownag11
AG
I second the call for Rule #1 compliance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.