Houston
Sponsored by

Joe Vs

4,547 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mucho austin
atag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever shopped at one of these? I know they are kind of urban/discount so this probably isn't the best forum for opinions but I'm just curious.
Post removed:
by user
Dill-Ag13
AG
jayelbee said:

Kabob Korner

Broooo
HvilleAggie
AG
What do you want to know? They are a bare bones, bottom floor low price grocery store. Go there for basics and pay less for them than just about anywhere else.
atag
AG
No I know about it...just curious as to the public perception. I'm about to meet with Joe later today about switching from heb to joes... (same company obvi)
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Isn't he Kid Rocks midget?
I Am A Critic
atag said:

No I know about it...just curious as to the public perception. I'm about to meet with Joe later today about switching from heb to joes... (same company obvi)
I fear the day that my self esteem is so low that I have to worry about what other people think about where I shop for groceries.
RK
AG
I assume you have a product you are supplying to HEB and are considering changing over to Joes? Rather than seeking a consultation about switching grocery stores that you shop at....?
JSKolache
AG
Haven't been. It's HEB's budget line, so it can't be terrible. There just aint one out this way...
YellAg2004
AG
Well, they're typically located in areas that I'm guessing aren't in too close of proximity to the residences of many TexAgs posters. I use it as a sign to tell me when I've ventured into certain parts of our fair city, much like seeing a Food Town, pay-day loan store, or washateria.
Unemployed
AG
jayelbee said:

Never stopped there, but I'm always curious about it whenever we go to Kabob Korner
Kabob Korner ain't bad at all.
Post removed:
by user
HvilleAggie
AG
In Houston the pantrys are slowing being replaced by newer stores with bigger footprints. The company has come a long way since their pantry days, so much so that modern customers are turned off by the pantry even though it's the same sign on the door as the big fancy ones.
atag
AG
Don't care about opinions of whether people like where I work. Just asking because I'm probably going to make the switch. I already work for heb. I just like to be informed of public opinion. I like to know the good and bad so that I can start working on what I can do to make it a better experience for customers.
wessimo
AG
OTL problems
atag
AG
The pantries just weren't successful. They weren't making money in Houston.
HvilleAggie
AG
Some pantries make money, but by and large they are holdovers from an outdated business model.

Joe V's make money too, but it's an entirely different business model that's founded solely on price, with customer experience much further down the priority list. Treat this decision almost as if you were switching companies, because your lessons from heb won't translate 1:1 and you'll be learning an entirely different way of ordering, merchandising, and hosting a completely different clientele.

That said, good luck with your decision!
atag
AG
I feel like I completely miscommunicated my question. I have a good understanding of the business aspect. What I am trying to gauge is the personal shopping experience.
Unemployed
AG
Nm
HvilleAggie
AG
In that case, I think YellAg nailed it when he said your typical TexAgs poster isn't usually the target demographic for Joe V's. Sorry to gum up the thread
wessimo
AG
So why dont you just go shop there and see what it is like?
Mikeyshooter
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Isn't he Kid Rocks midget?

I thought that was Joe C?
jetch17
AG
3 foot 9 with a 10 foot D
jetch17
AG
The J-O-E to the C, ho
JYDog90
AG
atag said:

I feel like I completely miscommunicated my question. I have a good understanding of the business aspect. What I am trying to gauge is the personal shopping experience.

I think it's interesting to shop there but one time I went and all the deals I was really excited about were on products about to expire.

Much much bigger fan of heb.
BarryProfit
you were excited about supermarket deals?
Post removed:
by user
May_May
My friend's little punk brother used to work at a Joe V's a few years back. He and his coworker did this thing they called sh** dollar Tuesday where they would wipe with a $1 and leave it in the aisle and watch as unsuspecting customers excitedly picked it up only to realize it was covered in doo doo.

That is my perception of Joe V's.
jja79
AG
What kind of watch do you wear?
Al Bula
AG
So Joe V's is the poor people's HEB? If I look at the map of where these are in the Houston area, yeah no thanks. I see this chain is trying to capture the elusive "food desert" market.
1Aggie99
AG
Been a few times but wouldn't go back and shop. Mostly own brand stuff, short dated items, or just basic needs. I like HEB but Joe v's doesn't work for me. Don't want to stop twice to find everything on my list.
BBRex
AG
I've been to the one on 290 a couple of times, and they are about to open a new near my work at 1960 east of 45. It's like shopping at a Sam's Club with discount groceries. Yes, some of the stuff is probably close to its expiration date. If you are cheap, like one of my wife's coworkers, it's your kind of place. And I'd rather shop there than most Walmarts.
88jrt06
AG
jja79 said:

What kind of watch do you wear?
brotheraggie
HEB is going to own the Houston market by the end of 2017
Mucho austin
AG
The volcano
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.