Houston
Sponsored by

New I45 and GP projects in the near future

11,801 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do like the new plan and the development of the west side will be good for creating a better downtown/mid-town culture.
Al Bula
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

All I know is that it really fudges up my drive in to Rockets and Astros games, at least temporarily
dude, 10 years probably. That's being optimistic.
BigPuma
AG
jenn96 said:

Quote:

This is Houston's version of ethnic cleansing.

I think (hope) you mean natural selection...
meh
JJxvi
AG
Here's a rendering of the east side of downtown that includes the park that could be added over the top in the GRB/MMP area.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
but where is Kim Son????
schmendeler
AG
JJxvi said:

Here's a rendering of the east side of downtown that includes the park that could be added over the top in the GRB/MMP area.

feasibility aside, that park is pretty cool. really opens things up for passage back and forth to the bars, etc. east of downtown.
JJxvi
AG
Rubble.

Also that park would be pretty damn big assuming it was actually built. Thats 42 acres by my calculation, or roughly 4 times the size of discovery green and the about the same size as Eleanor Tinsley Park.

I'm assuming that the the City would start saving up the increment funds from TIRZ 15 (East Downtown) and TIRZ 24 (Greater Houston Partnership) to try and pay for it.
chuckd
AG
CDUB98 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Here is the full ******ed plan
Yeah, this has noooooo chance of ever flooding....

A 10 ft (can drive a car through it) monolithic storm water pipe dumps out right at that location. Floods there under N. Main every time it rains.

Here:

JJxvi
AG
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/What-Houston-will-look-like-after-TxDOT-s-11138906.php
The Wonderer
AG
Looks like a lot of tunnels and below ground lanes.

****s gonna flood.
chimpanzee
JJxvi said:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/What-Houston-will-look-like-after-TxDOT-s-11138906.php

Anyone commuting to work currently will be past retirement age before this is completed.
matthopp
AG
I live between MM and Ninfas, this is going to suck for a long while but the end result will be good. The homeless kitchens and the projects will be torn down and Tent City will be gone or just relocated to near the overpasses over Buffalo Bayou. Curious how this will impact property values in the area immediately east of this new plan.
The Wonderer
AG
matthopp said:

I live between MM and Ninfas, this is going to suck for a long while but the end result will be good. The homeless kitchens and the projects will be torn down and Tent City will be gone or just relocated to near the overpasses over Buffalo Bayou. Curious how this will impact property values in the area immediately east of this new plan.
Yeah, if you're still living there in 2050.
Jackal99
AG
I don't consider myself to be a stupid person, but I looked at the designs in that Chron article and they made my head spin. I gave up trying to figure that mess out. That's gonna be a CF if they do anything close to that.
JJxvi
AG
You follow the signs...
White Liberals=The Worst
Waffledynamics said:

I don't understand why they're doing this. What are their actual plans for the space that's being abandoned by old I45? What's the end goal? Is this supposed to improve traffic flow long term?

This is where they will hold FPSF when it floods every other year.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Jackal99 said:

I don't consider myself to be a stupid person, but I looked at the designs in that Chron article and they made my head spin. I gave up trying to figure that mess out. That's gonna be a CF if they do anything close to that.
I figured for that much money and complexity they should have a loop or at least an in line twist or some sort of inversion F-Zero Mute City style.
Jackal99
AG
blindey said:

Jackal99 said:

I figured for that much money and complexity they should have a loop or at least an in line twist or some sort of inversion F-Zero Mute City style.

Yes. This. I mean, I can follow the signs when I'm driving on it. But looking at the drawings makes my head hurt. I'm just gonna Uber to downtown until this thing is done. Or park in my garage in the Med Center and ride Metro's Homeless Express down there.
JJxvi
AG
JJxvi said:

My favorite part of this is the meltdown of a guy who posts at another forum I frequent...

Quote:

I know no one has posted here cos it's pointless..
This project totally sucks I want to get all out, I hope that the people who came up with this project die and go to hell, because it'll totally kill downtown Houston and east downtown, and demolish an exaggerated right of way amount 19 blocks at least, am emtire neighbourhood and yeah
But really thinking about it. It's a highway of course it won't be pretty what do they really expect gold and sparkles..? They totally do, itsa highway it's not meant to be freaking pretty, but its not meant to be ugly either, and it's dark below the highway..have you no common sense..?put freaking bright lights to make up for that... have freaking common sense lights can fix the problem.. when it's dark below the highway.

I guess the reason why I love elevated highways and I don't complain about them is.. I'm not rich and I grew up where even small overpasses were fascinating. By here overpasses are seen as an ugliness that must be demolished. If it's there then leave it it was built almost 50 years ago most people near there moved there after the highway was built.. and if they chose that then get the he'll over it cos if you chose to live there the deal with the difficulties...

So my final words will be..
Txdot.. you and your plan both suck yes this is meant to offend you..
Goodbye, thank you for not hearing my "trying to make sense" And thank you to those who got this far and read what I've commented... ive more things but this is enough...
Bye..

Thought I would update this....
Quote:

Honestly. .
I saw the schematics and they're still ugly. I still despise it with all my heart, all my soul and yeah.
Whether the previous statement was offensive or not i don't care.
I hopw and I'll pray that they don't get the funding..
Quote:

So..
Hi. So . They've posted a video about this stupid project that really.. it's not a project. It's crap..
It's the end. They've posted the bloody video = they're 100% fornsure doing the project and i can't stop it. I tried, but hey. Thanks for reading my ideas haha. that was sarcasm.. they were total disaster. at least thanks for the only 2 people who agreed with me about the project..
I hope txdot goes broke. And i wish them bad luck on the project..
Just saying. Goodbye. Thus is my last post on the thread.
Quote:

I realised something...
They out trees on the caps over the highway, that's impossible, there's not enough space for the roots to grow when tbe trees grow, they picture it as a cool treeful park but that can't happen, it'll look like a fake park. Grass cam because the roots aren't as large, but trees will eventually grow for the roots to reach the structure and the trees will die or the roots can damage the structure.
I'm noy saying i support it i still oppose this project.
Quote:

I've never seen that park but I've gone underneath that thing but i hate tunnels cos they're terrifying..
Yes i said that i forfot i said that **** and I'm done. I'm sorry for even talking. (Also cos you only reply when i say something thati don't care about and never about other crap i said) and for Grting on this thread.
Thank you
I dont csre if im wrong im a stupid student who's not even experiences with engineering like you guys so that's why I'm wrong 200% of the time...
Honestly the tree roots may still grow.
Whatever I'm wrong cos that ugly fake park in dallas exists
Now I'm sorry fot forgetting To stop posting and goodbye...
Thank you. And I hopethere's opposition on tonight's meeting.
CDUB98
AG
I don't that guy is playing with a full deck.
The Wonderer
AG
CDUB98 said:

I don't that guy is playing with a full deck.
Probably not, but it appears to be an elevated deck.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
JJxvi said:

Quote:

They out trees on the caps over the highway, that's impossible, there's not enough space for the roots to grow when tbe trees grow, they picture it as a cool treeful park but that can't happen, it'll look like a fake park. Grass cam because the roots aren't as large, but trees will eventually grow for the roots to reach the structure and the trees will die or the roots can damage the structure.

I guess homeboy hasn't seen the trees in Klyde Warren Park over 366 in Dallas.

JJxvi
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

JJxvi said:

Quote:

I guess homeboy hasn't seen the trees in Klyde Warren Park over 366 in Dallas.

His line "I've never seen that park but I've gone underneath that thing but i hate tunnels cos they're terrifying.." was in response to someone who mentioned that about Klyde Warren Park.

Also, every time I see/hear that name, all I think of is this...

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Genius idea

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.