Houston
Sponsored by

Honda Dealerships-Houston

1,315 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tx4guns
caliag24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs for Honda dealerships in Houston? Where you've had good experiences or with a particular salesman?
SJEAg
AG
Russell & Smith had a decent experience recently - would visit again

Goodson North very bad experience about 10 years ago
cypress-ag
AG
John Eagle. Sales folks great to deal with and service department even better.
AggieRAB05
AG
I bought an Accord recently, John Eagle Honda gave me the best price.

What I figured out is that John Eagle owns a lot of the dealerships around town. The exception I could find was Gillman FWIW.
caliag24
AG
Thanks for the recs! Anyone in particular I should ask for at either dealership?

Also, I've been reading quite a bit about doing all negotiations through email rather than in person, and once you go in person you already have your walk-out price and just need to sign. Any experience doing that at either dealership?
Big Cat `93
AG
I did that at Jeff Haas Mazda when I bought my present car. It was a breeze. Just don't e-mail unless you're ready to buy. They'll treat you like you are either way.
longeryak
I've brought 3 Hondas from Russell & Smith via their internet dept. They are used to dealing with educated inner loop buyers and don't play games.
howdydamnit04
AG
Guy at Big Star gave me a good Drive Out quote that somehow went up 1500 because the drive out number doesn't included some bs dealer add ons. After I threatened to walk they mysteriously got waived. Left a bad taste in my mouth but did the deal to get it over with.
Scantron882
AG
I had used R&S in the past and recently was in market again was sad to see that they now add all the garbage on to their cars (nitrogen, unicorn horn dust, etc)

Ended up buying at Gunn Honda in S.A.
Also Internet guy at Rusty Wallis in Dallas was good
AggieRAB05
AG
I did everything via internet. I used truecar for the initial phase and got quotes from every dealer in the Houston area. I cannot stress enough to ask the internet sales person for walkout price, not just a quote, they all find garbage to add when you get there. Personally I used the best quote I got and used it at the local dealer.

John Eagle Honda internet guy who gave me the best quote was micah.johneagle@contactdealer.com. Again I did not buy the car through him but my local Katy Honda dealer. I'm thinking now I should have just drove to him.
howdydamnit04
AG
AggieRAB05 said:

I did everything via internet. I used truecar for the initial phase and got quotes from every dealer in the Houston area. I cannot stress enough to ask the internet sales person for walkout price, not just a quote, they all find garbage to add when you get there. Personally I used the best quote I got and used it at the local dealer.

John Eagle Honda internet guy who gave me the best quote was micah.johneagle@contactdealer.com. Again I did not buy the car through him but my local Katy Honda dealer. I'm thinking now I should have just drove to him.

That's what I did and they're response was "All the other dealers do these add ons after drive out too". Which I said even if they do, it's bull**** and I'm not paying one cent over the agreed on driveout number.
AggieRAB05
AG
When I bought my Pathfinder I worked everything over phone and internet. Got there everything was going good until it was time to sign for the purchase. They then informed me the car I test drove was not the same one quoted over the phone. This car is xxx more expensive. I asked for the keys to my trade-in, which they informed me was under their name now since I had already signed over that car. I said tough stuff and give me back my old car. They then huddled in the manager office for show and said congrats.

Good Luck!
tx4guns
AG
I got offers via TrueCar and the only Honda Pilot with the color and package we wanted was at Gillman on 59. I knew their invoice cost on the vehicle and left with 0.9% financing at $300 over invoice on the sale price. I sent the salesman back to his manager 4 times until they came back with a price I liked. Be ready to walk out if you don't get a price you like. It's a game that I happen to enjoy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.