Houston
Sponsored by

Ford Dealership--Houston

4,842 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 07&09Ag
VaAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I seem to remember that a while back, someone posted about a good Ford Dealership in Houston that had some Aggie connections, but I could not find the thread. Any suggestions as to which one?

Will likely have to get two new cars within the next year or two.
Jack Cheese
AG
Post on auto board. Connection is at Tommie Vaughan but I don't remember which texagger has the connection.
GTIAG09
AG
1agswitchin4lanes. His email is his user name at gmail
Al Bula
AG
How much do you like to negotiate? Unless things have changed, the Tommie Vaughn "hookup" is basically getting the vehicle for invoice. While not a terrible deal, you can do better with patience and timing.
Astrobo
AG
Check out Cook Ford in Texas City. Ask for Lauren. You can thank me later.
Premium
AG
Always negotiate with the online sales rep and/or only over email/text/phone. If you can come to a deal on the vehicle it is always dependent on an actual test drive.

Make it clear you have your own financing lined up but if they really want to meet your 1.99% credit union pricing you can use them.
stridulent
AG
I bought my F150 through the Tommie Vaughn Ford connection. As previously mentioned, it is a good price but not the best. I will say for anyone needing Ford auto service, the service center at Tomball Ford is amazing and I would highly recommend.
Goodest Poster
AG
I can vouch for TV- bought about a dozen vehicles there. I have always bought significantly under invoice.
However, their service dept sucks as bad as any. Fortunately I havent had but a few reasons to go in over last 10 years.
I have heard great things about Tomball Ford as well, but its way the hell outta my way and no way Im going there.
When my guy at TV leaves, I will probably buy online.
Good luck with your hunt!
LeftyAg89
AG
nm
Gmzb2001
AG
Bought a vehicle through the Internet Manager at Auto Nation Katy and it was fine. However, their Service Department is probably the worst I have ever encountered and has really soured me on Ford as a whole.
aggiedent
AG
Tomball Ford is Aggie owned. Sadly, according to a consensus of Texags posters, it is far from meeting your criteria of "good" Ford dealership.
Bibendum 86
AG
aggiedent said:

Tomball Ford is Aggie owned. Sadly, according to a consensus of Texags posters, it is far from meeting your criteria of "good" Ford dealership.
Worst car-buying experience I've ever had.
kubiak03
AG
I'll catch Crap from folks but planet ford 45 has been a good service dept.

I think Tommie Vaughn is just so busy but don't want to invest in more people.
AGeng25
AG
If you fancy a drive, head out west to Chuck Brown Ford in Schulenburg and ask for Chuck. He's an Aggie and will treat you right.
BigPuma
AG
You gotta ask for Cory Lindsay to do the work at Autonation. I mean he isn't donig oil changes but if there is an issue he would be the guy to work on a ferd.
Mr.Bond
AG
Mcree Ford
Snipes
AG
Which dealers in Houston are good for service, specifically reasonable distance from the west side?

I can vogue that mak haik and helfman suck royally.

I'm to the point now that I need to move onto a different brand because I have had issues recently with sales, service, and body shop for both of the above dealers.

I even tried to complain to ford about a problem and they told me to suck it.
Hwy30East
I had enough of Helfmans service department also. Their sales was fine to work with but that was it.. we took ours down to Legacy Ford in Rosenberg, and were very happy with their service department. We'll probably start there next time we look to buy another Ford.
chansonjr
AG
I shopped around all over Houston and Baytown ford gave me the best deal by about 3000 on a new truck.
FarmerJohn
AG
Mac Haik service is pretty incompetent. Ordered wrong parts, couldn't fix a brake manifold, hard to get straight answer. Legacy Ford is much better.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ryan Ford in Sealy.

Hands down the best service department within 500 miles of Houston.
AgToadie
Little bump regarding service departments. Mother in law needs a reputable service department for her Explorer. Any recommendations for northwest or west side?

Ducks - could you expand on your comments regarding Ryan Ford in Sealy? Worth the trip for a wheel bearing/driveline issue?

Anyone have experience with service at Joe Myers on 290?

Thanks!
07&09Ag
Regarding joe Meyers, After dealing with their body shop I won't go back to them for anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.