Houston
Sponsored by

Lawn Sprinkler Install - Cypress

1,143 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by lancevance
AggieBQ95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any recommendations on having Lawn Sprinklers installed in the Cypress area? I tried using the robust TexAgs search feature, but didn't see anything listed for Cypress. Thanks in advance!
Know1
AG
Matt Richards with Applied Sprinkler Solutions
832-353-6828

Good Ag to work with
Vernada
AG
I used Burns Landscaping.

burnslandscaping@sbcglobal.net

David Burns is an Ag.

281-855-3758
AggieBQ95
AG
Thanks for the recommendations - will be giving both a call tomorrow. If there are any others I should look into, let me know. Also any advice on do's and don'ts would be appreciated as well. I'm just looking for a basic system. My only requirement would be having a rain sensor or at least the ability to add one myself later on. Nothing looks sillier to me than a sprinkler system going off while it's pouring down rain.
Know1
AG
AggieBQ95 said:

Thanks for the recommendations - will be giving both a call tomorrow. If there are any others I should look into, let me know. Also any advice on do's and don'ts would be appreciated as well. I'm just looking for a basic system. My only requirement would be having a rain sensor or at least the ability to add one myself later on. Nothing looks sillier to me than a sprinkler system going off while it's pouring down rain.
Basic system and rain sensor is what I got..it's all you'll need. Don't drag your feet too long...the good guys are booking up fast. Probably looking at 3-4 weeks out unless they can work you in.
chjoak
AG
AggieBQ95 said:

My $0.02... avoid the rotary heads. Too many parts that can breakdown. I am having to replace 7 rotary heads this spring due to gear breaks or leakage. Not having to replace a single one of the basic heads. Prior to this season I have replaced (in 5 yrs) 3 rotary heads and 0 basic heads.
tramaro1
AG
About how much does a basic sprinkler system run per sqft? I have a 6,500 sqft yard, I am curious how much that would set me back? I hate watering the yard and often forget or too lazy to get out there and do it consistently.
Snipes
AG
+1 for Matt Richards.

His guys were great and very reasonably priced.

My stupid rain sensor never worked so i changed out my controlled to a Rachio.

Highly recommend that setup because it reads weather for you and turns off the system as necessary.

AggieBQ95
AG
Snipes -

I'm in contact with Matt, and I do want the Rachio controller, but in his quote they put that this controller would cost an additional $225. Being that having this controller installed would eliminate the need for the rain sensor, as well as the basic rainbird controller, not sure that the pricing is all that good. Do these guys negotiate at all, or is their price their price and you take it or leave it?

Thanks in advance!
AggieBQ95
AG
Nm
lancevance
AggieBQ95 said:

Nm
Curious to know, why? Did you go with another company?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.