Houston
Sponsored by

8 year old girl shot dead AFTER traffic accident

4,426 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jonj101
Sq16Aggie2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.click2houston.com/news/8-year-old-girl-shot-to-death-after-crash-police-say

Quote:

After the crash, the drivers of the two speeding cars exited their vehicles and began firing shots.

Authorities said it is unclear if they were shooting at each other or if they were intentionally firing shots into the Honda.

Police said the girl, who was sitting in the back seat of the Honda was hit and killed by the shots fired.

Sounds like maybe a gang hit and they didnt expect the kid to be in the car?
Premium
AG
Quote:

HOUSTON - Latoyia Thomas said she was on her way home from getting her hair done with her 8-year-old daughter in the back seat when a senseless act took her daughters life.

At 2 a.m. Saturday, police were called to the intersection of West Fuqua Street and Sam Houston Parkway.

So I love how the article says she was on her way "home from getting her hair done".

My main question is - who is getting their hair done at 2am with an 8 year old.
Mookie
AG
And the correct vernacular is getting her hair did.
aTm2004
AG
Time to pull out the Ancient Chinese torture book.
W
AG
something about this story doesn't add up
Burnsey
AG
Let's see here. 2am driving around with an 8 year old in the hood. Mom probably knows the driver of the other car and shooter, and mom is likely a druggie.
Token
AG
Premium said:

Quote:

HOUSTON - Latoyia Thomas said she was on her way home from getting her hair done with her 8-year-old daughter in the back seat when a senseless act took her daughters life.

At 2 a.m. Saturday, police were called to the intersection of West Fuqua Street and Sam Houston Parkway.

So I love how the article says she was on her way "home from getting her hair done".

it might be hard to understand since you aren't black, but black hair takes FOREVER to get done. Probably an 8-10 hour appointment.
Token
AG
Oh, and the only places in houston that do black hair well are usually someone's house, and in the hood. Growing up, I'd go with my mom to get her hair done. lol it's funny how quick y'all are to judge
Premium
AG
Token said:

Oh, and the only places in houston that do black hair well are usually someone's house, and in the hood. Growing up, I'd go with my mom to get her hair done. lol it's funny how quick y'all are to judge

If you're out at 2am in the hood, for a hair done, it borders on child abuse.
BMX Bandit
Child abuse? Being up late at night?

Lots of snow flakes out there.
Sq16Aggie2006
Token said:

Having an 8 year old kid out in the hood at 2 am is ridiculous.
aggie7911
Canadians.
swimmerbabe11
yep, could have easily went after school/work.
Premium
AG
BMX Bandit said:

How many people would be out in the hood at 2am, and drag their 8 year old child.

Nice try on moving the goalpost to equate that with staying up late.

If you need further proof of how idiotic it is, see the OP.
Sq16Aggie2006
swimmerbabe11 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one swimmer
swimmerbabe11
You know 8 year olds go to school right? Even if they live in the ghetto.
Sq16Aggie2006
All I know about life as a young black kid I learned from the wire.
BMX Bandit
Premium said:

BMX Bandit said:

How many people would be out in the hood at 2am, and drag their 8 year old child.

Nice try on moving the goalpost to equate that with staying up late.

If you need further proof of how idiotic it is, see the OP.

Clutch those pearls. W Fuqua & Sam Houston is the hood now? They weren't walking down Jensen looking for crack. They were in a car in a low income suburban area. "Child abuse" threshold sure has been dramatically lowered. Hope you don't see any stories of kids running laps. Someone died doing that! It's idiotic.

A tragic accident happened & you couldn't wait to let the internet know how much better a person you are. Bravo.
OnlyForNow
AG
A tragic accident easily prevented by not having your 8 year old out at 2 am...
BMX Bandit
"should not have been out that late "and "child abuse"
Aren't synonymous
aggie7911
Child endangerment laws?
JJxvi
AG
Yeah, its not like she left her 8 year old in the running car while she ran into CVS for paper towels. She should be drawn and quartered if she did that.
Sq16Aggie2006
People arent using triggered and pearl clutching in the right scenarios any more.

If youre upset a mother had an 8 year old out at 2 am that was shot to death it doesnt make you a triggered snowflake

If you need to color pictures, listen to whale noises in a safe space because a Republican is speaking at your college, it does make you a triggered snow flake.

Premium
AG
It's pretty close to "You will get shot here"

Also, if you look at crime rate maps I wouldn't be hanging out there at night much less take a child.
strohag
AG
It's not rocket science. Being out past midnight anywhere in town your chances of bad **** happening increase dramatically. Many more drunks out, people looking for trouble, etc. She may have been at the wrong place at the wrong time but then again she shouldn't be out at 2am with an 8 year old.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Token said:

Premium said:

Quote:

it might be hard to understand since you aren't black, but black hair takes FOREVER to get done. Probably an 8-10 hour appointment.
8 to 10 hours? I am calling BS on that.
aTm_bomb
AG
Much of the attitude here has a "serves her right" tone to it. Lack of compassion is sad.

I bet no one here has ever driven their kids home from an Aggie night game from College Station to Houston or Dallas. Oh that's right, ya'll got home by 1 am so that is totally different. Parental justice warriors abound.
94chem
Quote:

Whitey needs help with grammar sometimes, too.
drumboy
AG
Y'all would have thrown my parents in jail and they'd be internet-judged by the morning.

Lots of parents work in the evenings (or get their hair did) and have to take their kids to 24 hour daycare.
Ag_07
AG
Lots of stupid goin on in this thread (from both sides of the argument)
1876er
AG
aTm_bomb said:

Much of the attitude here has a "serves her right" tone to it. Lack of compassion is sad.

I bet no one here has ever driven their kids home from an Aggie night game from College Station to Houston or Dallas. Oh that's right, ya'll got home by 1 am so that is totally different. Parental justice warriors abound.

Boom.

A lady lost her child and all some of you can do is make racial jokes and judge. ****ing pathetic.
NoahAg
Nothing good happens after 2am. Very sad.
94chem
I remember coming home from an Astros game around midnight once with little kids in the car, and couldn't find the on ramp onto 59. I'm not one of "those" people who's afraid to leave my neighborhood, but I did not feel safe driving through 5th Ward at that hour. It was a weeknight, and people were sitting out on their porches just hanging out. If you're routinely out at that hour, it means you probably don't have a job. And if you don't have a job, then trouble is your job. I wanted to get out of there before we found trouble.
1876er
AG
What if they were doing something a little more white like leaving their ranch after a weekend of bow hunting in Brady, and got home late? Would y'all still blame the innocent?
Sq16Aggie2006
1876er said:

What if they were doing something a little more white like leaving their ranch after a weekend of bow hunting in Brady, and got home late? Would y'all still blame the innocent?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.