Houston
Sponsored by

Cracked iPad screen repairs (aside from Apple)?

899 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexAg91
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy everyone,

I've got a friend with an iPad mini that has some pretty bad cracking on the screen. They want to get it repaired, but they don't want to pay Apple's repair price ($250).

I don't have a tablet, so I'm out of ideas. Are there reputable places in town someone would recommend?
aTm2004
AG
Try a kiosk at the mall.
OlArmyWalton92
AG
I was in a Batteries + Bulbs the other day and saw that they repair I Pad screens. The price depends on the type of I Pad. You can look the prices up online.
drumboy
AG
I see GroupOns for screen repairs sometimes.
txags11
AG
I highly recommend Joey at Houston Phone Hospital. He's done work on phones/tablets for me and several other friends. Give him a call at 832-229-4135. What's nice about Houston Phone Hospital, is Joey comes to you versus you having to take time out of your day to go somewhere and have it repaired.
drumboy
AG
I've changed a few iPhone screens and it's not hard if you do it with a decent amount of light and you're sober.

I bet an iPad would be even easier to fix.
tegrothe
AG
txags11 said:

I highly recommend Joey at Houston Phone Hospital. He's done work on phones/tablets for me and several other friends. Give him a call at 832-229-4135. What's nice about Houston Phone Hospital, is Joey comes to you versus you having to take time out of your day to go somewhere and have it repaired.

I second this recommendation

Dude's good and convenient. He'll tell you if some place else can do it cheaper too
CW Griswold
That reminds me of Mary Ann at Mary Ann's Hammocks. The nice thing about that place is Mary Ann gets in the hammock with you.
DRE06
AG
Get on yelp and find a place with good reviews.

A lot of places replace screens and a lot of places mess them up.
TexAg91
AG
CPR in Tomball fixed my wife's IPad mini. Highly recommended.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.