Houston
Sponsored by

Cops impeding the flow of traffic

3,088 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Marvin_Zindler
howdydamnit04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Motorcycle copy on the 610 South exit ramp from I10 this morning looks like he was pulling people over for registration stickers. Traffic was backing up a good ways because of it and moving smoothly after.
aggiebq03+
The only reason a cop should pull anyone over in Houston during rush hour is for completely reckless driving. In fact, this is the only reason a cop should ever pull anyone over.
Al Bula
AG
vansprinkle
AG
RPM said:

I had to double take on that background of Harambe.
howdydamnit04
AG
I was heading north so it really only tickled my taint, but I imagine some people were rectally rootered.
aggie7911
OP dont' worry the donuts will still be there in your work break room.
aTm2004
AG
This is what HPD should be doing during rush hour.

schmellba99
AG
aTm2004 said:

That is fuggin awesome!

If I were a cop, odds are about the only traffic tickets I would write would be to dbags driving too slow in the left lane and dbags that pace the car beside them so that nobody can go around them.
Ag_07
AG
I find it hard to believe traffic on that exit ramp wasn't already slow AF. Especially if he was able to spot expired tags.
Bondag
AG
They just realized that February is a short month and they need to get their quotas. There were at least 8 cops on I-10 west between 610 and Hwy 6 looking for people going 71 today.
cr0wbar
AG
RPM said:

I've read this 3-4 times and I still love it
schmendeler
AG
schmellba99 said:

aTm2004 said:

That is fuggin awesome!

If I were a cop, odds are about the only traffic tickets I would write would be to dbags driving too slow in the left lane and dbags that pace the car beside them so that nobody can go around them.
that's how you get people to love cops again.
Do y'all not know that HPD gives their officers quotas of tickets that they have to write each month? And this cop didn't just wake up and decide to write tickets for expired registration stickers. Someone will pull ordered them to.
agent209
AG
That's halfway true. There are several marked units you see with HPD. The traffic units have quotas but patrol, CRU (Crime Reduction Unit), Mental Health Units and DWI are not required to write anything.

If you get pulled over by a traffic unit, you are prob 95% gonna be written. The last stat I checked was patrol wrote 40% of those pulled over for traffic.

I remember on patrol pulling people over and just talking to them. Not everyone needs a ticket. I wrote maybe 10 tickets in 3 years of patrol.
RebelE Infantry
AG
aTm2004 said:

Was that the stoner dudes from Super Troopers filming that?!
MouthBQ98
AG
Impeding the free flow of traffic dramatically INCREASES the chances of an accident as traffic backs up. His actions are arguably reckless and a danger to the public.
CDUB98
AG
aTm2004 said:

agent209
AG
Trust me that happens
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, one of my friends said the guys on patrol who are aggressive about writing tickets are usually bucking for a traffic assignment or playing for court overtime.
dragmagpuff
AG
Last week, there was a bike cop getting people in the U-turn under I-10 at Bunker Hill. Seems like a much better place to do it than on 610.
digging tunnels
AG
It's been awhile since I've seen them but they used to always be multiple cops on i-10 eastbound heading back ITL before Washington Ave. Those mofos would back up traffic to chimney rock. Fuggers!
BBRex
AG
On Thursday I watched a constable arrive on the scene of an accident on Richey Road and block one lane in the only direction otherwise unaffected by the accident. Smart thing to do at rush hour.
AgCPA95
AG
dragmagpuff said:

Last week, there was a bike cop getting people in the U-turn under I-10 at Bunker Hill. Seems like a much better place to do it than on 610.
The Spring Valley and/or Hedwig Village used to work the u-turn at Campbell all the time. You are sitting duck once you in the u-turn.
jefe95
AG
Looking for dangerous stuff there like window tint, front plates, and inspection stickers.
digging tunnels
AG
AgCPA95 said:

dragmagpuff said:

The Spring Valley and/or Hedwig Village used to work the u-turn at Campbell all the time. You are sitting duck once you in the u-turn.

I make this U-turn everyday for work. They definitely not stalking like they used to years ago. Can't remember last time I saw them there
ClickClack
AG
vansprinkle said:

RPM said:

I had to double take on that background of Harambe.

Not Harambe. That's the "there's no need to be upset gorilla".

AgCPA95
AG
digging tunnels said:

AgCPA95 said:

dragmagpuff said:

I make this U-turn everyday for work. They definitely not stalking like they used to years ago. Can't remember last time I saw them there
Yes it has been awhile since I have seen them as well. They got our CAO for expired registration or something and were going to write another employee for no seatbelt in the back seat but they gave him a warning as he lives in Spring Valley.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
There's been a cop checking stickers under the Gessner/I10 u-turn about 3 days a week for the past few weeks. He's been there around 8 each morning. Beware.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.