Houston
Sponsored by

The punks that did this should get their arms chopped off

6,098 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
The D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.click2houston.com/news/bald-eagle-found-shot-to-death-in-nw-harris-county
vansprinkle
AG
Why did the guy stand guard over the dead bird and not chase after the kids who did it? If he knew it was a pellet gun, why not catch them and beat their asses?
OXDL45
AG
What a shame.

Kids today.
Tom Hagen
AG
Hopefully, the kids get punked out in jail.
Premium
AG
We have Bald Eagles in Houston?
The Milkman
AG
I've seen a couple around Hermann Park before.

What is the punishment for killing a bald eagle? I'm sure it's stiff
AlaskanAg99
AG
There's been one flying around Katy recently and we watched it land in the tall pines at my parents house. Growing up in AK you'd see them at least yearly, it was surprising to see one in TX. And as it flew overhead at 2 story roof top level, that wingspan is impressive.

I'd have chased down the slowest of the group and beaten the names out of him.
DrZ
AG
There is definitely a nest north of Greenspoint a few miles, east of 45. The birds have been seen there for years.
Ag_07
AG
Quite a few of them out by Lake Houston especially right there inside the BW right by Summerwood.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quite a few of them out by Lake Houston especially right there inside Upper Eastside Area
fify
98Ag99Grad
AG
People are so fckin stupid.
94chem
Bald eagle feeding
redag06
There is actually one bird that perches in a tree right next to the Lake Houston bridge crossing in to Huffman everyday around 5.

randy828
AG
Premium said:

Saw two flying above us while playing Longwood a few months ago.

http://www.baldeagleinfo.com/eagle/directory/TX.html

The one that was shot was near where I live. Every once in awhile, people posted on our Nextdoor about seeing them around..especially in Woodwind Lakes.
GoAgs92
AG
vansprinkle said:

Why did the guy stand guard over the dead bird and not chase after the kids who did it? If he knew it was a pellet gun, why not catch them and beat their asses?
It was probably his kid.
drumboy
AG
redag06 said:

There is actually one bird that perches in a tree right next to the Lake Houston bridge crossing in to Huffman everyday around 5.

My parents lived on the Lake in Indian Shores just Southeast of the bridge and there was a nest to the south of their house. This was 12 years ago so hopefully there's more in the area now.
Biz Ag
AG
Saw one near Lake Conroe last year.
Frok
AG
Premium said:

Not anymore.
White Liberals=The Worst
These kids probably get the standard K-12 public school liberal indoctrination and aren't taught about the importance/symbolism of the bald eagle. Wouldn't be surprised if they were taught that it was a symbol of oppression or something.
Liquid Wrench
Punk teenagers shooting at a bird, I wouldn't overthink it. Or chop their arms off. Some kind of class and community service. They aren't nearly as rare as they were when we were growing up.
schmellba99
AG
Premium said:

Eagles are not a rare thing, they've been around for a long, long time.

And honestly, aside from the fact that they are the national bird, they are some of the dumbest and laziest birds of prey. Crappy hunters that will scavenge over actually hunting the majority of the time.
swimmerbabe11
You obviously didn't watch the Rescuers Down Under.
YellAg2004
AG
http://www.click2houston.com/news/bald-eagle-found-shot-to-death-in-nw-harris-county

Shooter found
The Wonderer
AG
Feds pussing out to prosecute.
The Wonderer
AG
schmellba99 said:

Premium said:

Eagles are not a rare thing, they've been around for a long, long time.

And honestly, aside from the fact that they are the national bird, they are some of the dumbest and laziest birds of prey. Crappy hunters that will scavenge over actually hunting the majority of the time.
Then it's the perfect bird to represent the majority of the American populous.
Liquid Wrench
Tell us more about how you hunt the deadliest prey.
The Wonderer
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Tell us more about you hunt the deadliest prey.
My lazy ass definitely falls in with the majority of Americans.
OnlyForNow
AG
It's such horse crap too! They threw the book at someone the same age who shot a whooping crane.

The kid also violated the MBTA by taking the feather, which shows that he knew EXCATLY what he was doing!
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Having worked with, and photographed, Bald Eagles, I can tell you this is more of an urban myth than factual. Bald Eagles have above average problem solving skills. Not on par with Crows or Vultures, but superior to a lot of hawks and much smarter than owls.

Yes bald eagles will eat carrion and yes they will steal from other fish eating birds. That said, live fish is still the #1 part of their diet. I have hundreds of photos taken in Alaska of various eagles taking live fish and a few taking small rodents.
agz win
AG
Watch them diving for fish all the time up on Livingston. Several pairs and young ones nearby. I am amazed every time I watch them. So strong and majestic.
1208HawkTree
AG
Where in Katy? I've never seen one in the wild and would love to get the chance to.
schmellba99
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

You obviously didn't watch the Rescuers Down Under.
Nope, never heard of it.
GoneGirl
AG
Premium said:

There are quite a few.

I've seen them in Summerwood.
NoahAg
1208HawkTree said:

Where in Katy? I've never seen one in the wild and would love to get the chance to.
In the past 10+ years, I've seen a couple in Fulshear, and one near Mason Rd and the Westpark. My son looked up and said "hey, a bald eagle!" Thinking it was a hawk, I looked, and sure enough he was right.

Still a pretty cool occurrence, even if they aren't as rare as they used to be.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
We have 2 in Bridgeland. They have a big nest on the other side of the lake that you can get to via a bridge.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.