Houston
Sponsored by

Asian Style Crawfish

5,212 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AMW2010
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this driving down the highway several weeks ago. I believe they are located off of 249.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Do they giggle to themselves when they do this, or do they just think the white people are being childish?
rangerdanger
AG
Try Crazy Cajun off 290. We usually get their garlic seasoned batch. It's the style you're looking for.
Astroag
AG
KDubAg said:

Go to Mike's Seafood (Asian style with garlic and butter) on Hwy 6 near Bissonnet. Pretty damn good crawfish. $5.99/lb. Certain days of the week (Monday-Thursday I think) is buy 5 lbs get 1 lb free. That's the cheapest I have seen for cooked crawfish and pretty damn tasty too.
For the Win....

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Velvet Jones
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Do they giggle to themselves when they do this, or do they just think the white people are being childish?
That was my first thought. That dude has to be trolling whitey.
ElCheAg
AG
I do recall many moons ago I was having crawfish at the LA Crawfish at the Ranch 99 off I-10 and Bunker Hill. I was new to that style of crawfish. But I did see them dump about 4 to 5 ice cream sized dollops of Country Crock spread (from what looked like a 3 gallon tub) into a clear bag of boiled crawfish which then was subsequently served.

Just an observation. Nothing more. But pretty sure Country Crock was/is their "secret" ingredient.
The Milkman
AG
Went last night to LA Crawfish... and they were good. Not spectacular. I tried both their buttery garlic style and cajun style. Certainly had alot of flavor... but neither any real spice.
MichaelJ
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

CDUB98 said:

But, ya gotta admit, a name like Cajun Kitchen would lead one to believe they are not exactly Asian based.

Agreed on this tho. Creatively naming restaurants is not what Houston Asians are good at.
Yep...

i.e.
Thai Gourmet
Asia Market

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Applies to non-restaurants as well...

Nail Spa
Laundromat
Massage

I don't know, you're definitely not going to massage parlors for a massage, so I'd say that is creatively named
castrop08
AG
There's this new restaurant off 290 called Pinch Seafood Restaurant friends from Oak Forest recommended it and I would recommend it as well. They have this garlic/butter Asian style version that's really good and they're priced pretty competitively. Don't let the outside fool you, it's a super cute set up inside. Good luck!
smokeythebear
AG
Crawfish N' More off of hwy 6 was a pretty great post golf lunch when I went with some buddies last spring. They have different seasonings: cajun, lemon pepper, and garlic butter. All three were very delicious and I don't recall the place being expensive at all.
REMtx
I go with my co-workers to 88 Boiling on Wilcrest near Briarforest once or twice during crawfish season. One of my co-workers is good friends with the owner there. The crawfish are great and sometimes the get real big ones "mini lobster style" and prices are fair. My wife does not like it when I go because she says I reek of garlic and MSG afterwards, haha.
AMW2010
AG
Saw this and thought of y'all...

https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2017/2/20/best-vietnamese-cajun-crawfish-houston
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.