Houston
Sponsored by

Retail Crawfish

8,478 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Agasaurus Tex
AGGIE BAND
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my sister is coming in from D.C. this weekend. Even though I told her it's early in the season she still wants me to boil Crawfish because she won't be coming back all spring. Does anyone have a good connection within say... 75 miles of Houston where I could get a few sacks this Saturday? I haven't seen anything at the grocery store and always prefer to buy from somewhere other then Kroger or H-E-B anyway.

Thanks.
dahouse
AG
Good Ole Boys in Katy. Call and reserve a sack. They have them, I'm on their email list thingy. They are at 1463 and I-10
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
miley
AG
Check out Boyd's One Stop in Texas City just before the Dike. They sent a text this morning advertising field run for $1.67/lb and preferred for $1.97/lb. Prices valid Tuesday - Thursday, sack price.
CFTXAG10
AG
+1 for Boyds, and I know you said you don't prefer grocery stores but HEB does have them already at least in some locations.
hurricanejake02
AG
Another vote for Boyd's, or Rose's Seafood in Kemah.
KDubAg
AG
I called Boyd's earlier today and the lady told me she wasn't sure if they would have some for the weekend. She said to call and check back later or that morning. Also said to watch their FB. I read Boyd's pricing as buying crawfish to take today thru Thursday, not weekend pricing.

I ended up reserving 4 sacks today with Cajun Gourmet who delivers to different areas of Houston.

$2.75/lb.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Check out Gokden Seafood in Seabrook too... they never fail me.
MichaelJ
AG
Rule 1 on the sister
plowboy1065
S
If you ever want to bypass GOB's and get them straight from the guy who sells to them let me know.
deadhead aggie
AG
not sure if Cajun Connection has them available yet or not......290 and Spring Cypress area.....

they have killer seasonings for your boil as well.....

cajunconnectioncypress.com
dahouse
AG
Umm, yes please.

Contact info???? PM me
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Post removed:
by user
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
plowboy1065
S
Coming at ya
ElCheAg
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Coming at ya

Could you email me that info as well? Thanks.

kaliman dot condorito at gmail dot com
plowboy1065
S
I will just post the info here. My buddy moves close to 1 million lbs of crawfish a year and sells to a lot of the people that have been mentioned on here over time. He lives in Spring but they purge and store the crawfish down in Rosharon. Also does catering and can cook up to 1500 lbs at a time if needed. If anyone is a member of Westside Tennis Club, we have been doing that one for about 5 years now.

John Brooks
281-723-4050
Goodest Poster
AG
What side of town are you on? There is not much "good stuff" anywhere and last weeks molts were pretty bad. Feel free to PM me and I can tell you which distributor will be closer to you. As far as price or variety, you cant go wrong with Boyds if its within your range. He is the 2nd largest in the US.

***oh and disclaimer- I sold our company so I don't have a "dog in the hunt anymore"...nor will I mention which company bought us.
KDubAg
AG
We had our crawfish boil this past Saturday. Reserved 4 sacks earlier in the week with http://www.cajungourmetcrawfish.com. Met their truck at a drop off site, no problem. The people who answered the phone seemed really nice and answered all questions. Crawfish was decent size for a boil (medium).

I would use them again. I would like to hear from somebody else about John Brooks crawfish.
Post removed:
by user
cheezag03
AG
The Saturday before last there was a dude with a trailer on Ella just north of 610 using some not-so-hot chicks with posterboard signs. I didn't take a look.
Ag_07
AG
cheezag03 said:

some not-so-hot chicks with posterboard signs. I didn't take a look.

Obviously you did
cheezag03
AG
Ag_07 said:

cheezag03 said:

some not-so-hot chicks with posterboard signs. I didn't take a look.

Obviously you did
didn't look at the crawfish in the trailer.
I wanna have a boil this year. It would be my first time doing it myself. Anybody have a good recipe? I've got a turkey fryer and a kiddie pool ready to go.
CFTXAG10
AG
Boyds this week:

1.47/Tues
1.67/Wed
1.77/Thur
MelvinUdall
CFTXAG10 said:

Boyds this week:

1.47/Tues
1.67/Wed
1.77/Thur

Bought from Boyd's this weekend we got their field run and they were more small than medium, but it is early in the season. If I were to do it again, I would have gone preferred. I did get 5lbs of some of their large shrimp that was $6.99 and they were fantastic.
cheezag03
AG
If you don't want go all the way to Texas City stop off at 646 and the bayou at Hillman's.
Wife is an Aggie
plowboy1065 said:

I will just post the info here. My buddy moves close to 1 million lbs of crawfish a year and sells to a lot of the people that have been mentioned on here over time. He lives in Spring but they purge and store the crawfish down in Rosharon. Also does catering and can cook up to 1k lbs at a time if needed. If anyone is a member of Westside Tennis Club, we have been doing that one for about 5 years now.

John Brooks
281-723-4050
Does he have a minimum buy qty or anything? Live in Sienna so right around the corner from Rosharon.
plowboy1065
S
I do not think there is a minimum but would need to check with him to confirm. I have seen customers getting some partially filled bags before
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I'm in Klein and planning a boil this weekend. He deliver or do I need to pickup?
plowboy1065
S
Call him and ask since he doesn't live too far from you. How many lbs are you thinking? I'm helping him do a boil for a company during the day on Friday and could possibly grab what you need if you could set it up with him and meet me in Cypress
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Only a sack or two. Maybe 40 lbs. I'll give him a call.
plowboy1065
S
Sack normally goes 30-35 lbs
Ag_07
AG
I'm thinking you just need to go into the crawfish bidness.
plowboy1065
S
He's approached me about doing some stuff but I have enough on my plate with real estate and starting up my wife's vet clinic. Just doing the catering jobs is good enough for me
AgLiving06
We are doing a boil next week. I'd think at this point I'm looking at doing cajun gourmet or HEB.

Cajun Gourmet is saying 2.50/sack lb right now which is not a bad price at all.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.