Houston
Sponsored by

So now we are hyping up wind...

4,745 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by lunchbox
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guess I need to get my bleach ready before there is a run on it.

MelvinUdall
Gusts of 55 are pretty significant.
Ag_07
AG
That 'twister' that touched down on 45 Monday had to have to been about 55 mph.
1876er
AG
In Midland this is just a day that end in Y
CDUB98
AG
1876er said:

About the same in the Panhandle in March.

If Houston weather people couldn't stir everyone into a panic about something, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves.
aTm2004
AG
Getting my kite ready.
jetch17
AG
1876er said:

Yes indeed, pretty solid 40mph yesterday

Definitely blows ... midland, that is
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
sts7049
AG
hey look another post where OP is complaining about weather forecasting
aggieaviator
AG
News folks love to scare people to death, however, when winds start to blow 40 plus things can get a bit dangerous. Not from debris flying sideways like in a hurricane but from things falling down. Lots of dead large limbs waiting for a good push. Before going for that trail walk or ride, I would wait it out a few hours to let the loose debris fall.
tk for tu juan
All you dumbass trampoline owners better tie down your equipment. I do not want to see my car side swiped by a runaway tramp.

lunchbox
aggieaviator said:

News folks love to scare people to death, however, when winds start to blow 40 plus things can get a bit dangerous. Not from debris flying sideways like in a hurricane but from things falling down. Lots of dead large limbs waiting for a good push. Before going for that trail walk or ride, I would wait it out a few hours to let the loose debris fall.
Not only that...but with the ground saturated from all this rain, there may be some trees falling.
htxag09
AG
gordo97
AG
Can this type of wind knock over one of those really tall buildings in downtown?
tk for tu juan
No, they are designed for gusts at least two to three times higher than 55 mph, and have a load factor that adds another 60% of capacity to the design.
AMW2010
AG
Can you just turn it upside down with the legs facing up and it shouldn't blow away, assuming it doesn't get any lift.
Ag_07
AG
Waltonloads08
AG
CDUB98 said:

1876er said:

About the same in the Panhandle in March.

If Houston weather people couldn't stir everyone into a panic about something, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

True, but Midland and the panhandle don't have trees....
CDUB98
AG
There are trees in the city.

Well, at least in Amarillo there are.
jetch17
AG
Good lawd they are laying it on thick this morning about WIND ALERT!!!
mm98
AG
Power out in Falcon Point in Katy.

Beautiful day though. Putting the kids on their bikes to see if they can pedal forward
mts6175
AG
Drive to San Antonio right now is insane.
chico
AG
Just finished bike ride with Karbach group. The viaduct and heading west on navigation was pretty brutal
mm98
AG
chico said:

Just finished bike ride with Karbach group. The viaduct and heading west on navigation was pretty brutal

I can imagine. I remember some winds so strong I had to drop to my lower crank ring on flat road.
Cromagnum
AG
Its windy with a bit of gusts but nothing special. Good kite flying day.
pasquale
AG
We just lost power. Centerpoint stating 1:30 for repairs to be completed
CDUB98
AG
chico said:

How can I get involved with this Karbach ride?

I'm tired of riding by myself.
titanmaster_race
I have had no less than 6 power outages this afternoon. The previous 5 lasted no more than 15 seconds each, which annoys the crud out of me. Have to restart the crockpot after every damn one. Power's been out for 10 minutes so far with the latest outage....

Anyone else having these off/on outages?
randy828
AG
tk for tu juan said:

All you dumbass trampoline owners better tie down your equipment. I do not want to see my car side swiped by a runaway tramp.

Why do you think EVERYONE who owns a trampoline is a dumbass? Have mine staked down dickweed!
DrZ
AG
Not all dumb-asses own trampolines but certainly all trampoline owners are dumb-asses.
chico
AG
CDUB98 said:

chico said:

How can I get involved with this Karbach ride?

I'm tired of riding by myself.
get on facebook & hit up your local bike shops. Facebook group htx-bike social has a document listing every weekly ride around town. Blue Line, Icycle, Urban, Bike Barn all have weekly rides (just walk in to the shops & ask). Also hit up Facebook groups karbach cycling, east end bike ride & come ride with us. Karbach has Sunday rides from the parking lot behind the brewery, approx 50 people each Sunday a/b/c pace groups, routes vary. EEBR has both social & quicker-paced rides; the bridges ride is awesome. Come ride with us is fewer people, occasional & mostly old men (like me!) at decent pace. There are rides every night of the week & multiple on Sat/Sun mornings, so should be something for you - each ride kind of has their own style/pace/personality so may take a few tries to see what works best for you.
CDUB98
AG
Thanks for the information.
mm98
AG
Thank you as well
jja79
AG
Cromagnum said:

Its windy with a bit of gusts but nothing special. Good kite flying day.

Got any pictures of that to share?
lunchbox
When I left for church yesterday, my yard and driveway was covered with leaves that fell during the rain storms.

I planned on raking and cleaning after church.

When we got home from church, every leaf was gone...from all our neighbors as well.

I am imagining some poor soul at the end of the neighborhood getting up this morning with leaves piled up to his gutters...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.