Houston
Sponsored by

Tony Romo to Texans?

4,153 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one will trade for Romo due to his contract, only chance is for him to be released, but due to his cap hit I can't see that either. Honestly they should just keep both, Romo is overpaid and Dak is underpaid.

AJ will be priority this offseason and they should also get Hopkins deal done even though he's not a FA yet, if they can. Then in 2018 they are done with Osweiller and they can look at QB again.
NICU Dad
AG
because it was hilarious.
BigPuma
AG
I don't think you understand team building and how good teams build through the draft. I also think you are SEVERELY underestimating the value that AJ will have on the open market. The Texans are going to pay him what he is worth and may not have the option to pay . I understand you can play money games here and there but I don't really see that happening here. In recent history the Texans haven't really done this all that much anyway.

Plus the Texans can't afford to tie 31 million on the QB position alone (goes to team building). Attendance is part of the grade here, so having 2 essentially crappy quarterbacks for 31 million isn't smart. The Texans have way too many needs (OLine*2/3, DT, and ILB that can cover) outside of QB. I bet the Texans draft QB in the 2/3/4th and roll with that guy and Savage and let Brock be back up or 3rd string.
BMX Bandit
You've now changed your argument to "team building" through draft.

That has nothing to do with salary cap for having Romo, Abouye & Osweiler.

If the Texans want to go that route, they have the cap space to do so. (This is even before cuts or restructured). Whether they should is a separate issue
gambochaman
AG
texans are stuck with suckweiler for one more year

granted i would not put it past slick rick to make this idiotic move
BMX Bandit
Bilbobag says they may dump him
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.