Houston
Sponsored by

Tony Romo to Texans?

4,152 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trade rumor.
03_Aggie
Martin Q. Blank said:

Trade rumor.

Surely the Texans aren't dumb enough to do that, right? Right?!?
themissinglink
AG
He's expected to be cut by the cowboys. Only Rick smith would be dumb enough to trade for him.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Is Chip Brown covering the Texans now?
WES2006AG
AG
I have always hated Tony Romo, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think he is an upgrade over our current QB situation.
CDUB98
AG
03_Aggie said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Trade rumor.

Surely the Texans aren't dumb enough to do that, right? Right?!?
Al Bula
AG
WES2006AG said:

I have always hated Tony Romo, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think he is an upgrade over our current QB situation.
He's not. He would sprain his labia and then we'd be back in the same predicament.
WES2006AG
AG
RPM said:

WES2006AG said:

He's not. He would sprain his labia and then we'd be back in the same predicament.
He would be a major injury risk for sure. But a risk that is worth taking. I am not saying Romo is the absolute answer but this team is close. With even decent QB play this team could make a run, but you have to do it quickly. These windows of opportunity don't stay open forever.

With all that said, this is the Texans. I fully expect Rick Smith to give Brock a 10 year $200 million extension to reward him for only throwing 3 picks on Saturday.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I'd take Romo with Brock/Savage as his backup. Romo can't be any worse and/or injury prone than Peyton Manning was when he won a super bowl with the NFL's #1 defense
JJxvi
AG
Romo and Savage = 3rd string QB starting playoff game.
Ag_07
AG
Chaz Bono is more man than Tony Romo
aTm2004
AG
At least he'll be closer to the medical center.
NICU Dad
AG
underrated
schmendeler
AG
i look forward to cowboys fans continuing to proclaim him one of the NFL's best quarterbacks even after he changes teams.
lostrg
Yeah he'll retire here.
bigjag19
AG
aTm2004 said:

Savage.
randy828
AG
WES2006AG said:

RPM said:

WES2006AG said:

He would be a major injury risk for sure. But a risk that is worth taking. I am not saying Romo is the absolute answer but this team is close. With even decent QB play this team could make a run, but you have to do it quickly. These windows of opportunity don't stay open forever.

With all that said, this is the Texans. I fully expect Rick Smith to give Brock a 10 year $200 million extension to reward him for only throwing 3 picks on Saturday.
No way, there has to be another one year wonder qb he could throw $90 mil at right?
SECond2noneAgs
AG
bigjag19 said:

aTm2004 said:

Savage.

No, Romo.
Beetle 92
AG
aTm2004 said:

Today's internet winner
Jack Cheese
AG
schmendeler said:

i look forward to cowboys fans continuing to proclaim him one of the NFL's best quarterbacks even after he changes teams.

And Houston fans so filled with jealousy and resentment that they have to act like Romo wouldn't be 10X better than what the Texans have been fielding the past few years.
Scientific
AG
aTm2004 said:

MichaelJ
AG
Maybe the trade would affect it differently, but I'm pretty sure the Texans don't have the cap room for him
AgCPA95
AG
MichaelJ said:

Maybe the trade would affect it differently, but I'm pretty sure the Texans don't have the cap room for him
They have some moves that can create some cap space. I read this morning they have about $26 million in cap space, but they have some other players to take care of as well. Cutting Osweiler could save about $6 million in 2017 cap space.
jja79
AG
If this happens I hope he opens one of his rib places.
BMX Bandit
MichaelJ said:

They have the cap room. Romo would be $14mm to Texans cap in a trade
BMX Bandit
Sure about that? I'm pretty sure cutting him would add money to his cap figure
AgCPA95
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Sure about that? I'm pretty sure cutting him would add money to his cap figure
I stand corrected, it will cost them more. I was toying with this cap site and had it wrong. Bonus money for 2018 on would hit in 2017.
BigPuma
AG
The Texans will not have the room if they plan to resign Aboje (corner back).
BMX Bandit
BigPuma said:

The Texans will not have the room if they plan to resign Aboje (corner back).

Explain please.

They can structure a cap friendly year 1 deal with him.
zooguy96
AJ Bouye
BigPuma
AG
AJ is going to get paid this year.. he isn't going to sign a team friendly one year deal. He was the best cover corner on the team the entire season long.

Yes thanks zooguy. I just smashed the name together.

Look their is no way for the texans to trade for tiny peen oft hurt romo, unless the cowboys take back brock as part of the deal.

And most smart Texans fans should not want Romo. He will play two more years at most. The dude has very little left in the tank. Draft a QB in the 2/3/4 round and/or roll with Savage. I don't think anybody worth a damn will be their at 25 in the first. The Texans could also really use more OLine, another DT, and a middle linebacker that can cover.

Assuming you draft well and resign AJ, you can cut Jonathon Joseph and more than likely also cut Cush. The new rumor is that Adrian Peterson is considering 3 teams and Texans are one of them. That would give a helluva 1-2 punch with Peterson and Miller.

Edit to add: you need to take care of DHop this off season too. Yes he still has one more year but you need to take care of him now or you will probably lose him.
BMX Bandit
I never mentioned a team friendly 1 year deal. I suggested a deal with a cap friendly number in the first year. He can do that without taking a discount on the money

Trading Osweiler would cost Texans MORE on the salary cap than keeping him.

I don't think you know how NFL salaries work based on that post
themissinglink
AG
Nobody is trading for romo and his $24m against the cap. He's getting cut. The Texans have $25m of cap room. Cut Joseph (save a couple mil), sign AJ (10m), play nice with Hop (extra 5m), sign romo for 12m.
BMX Bandit
themissinglink said:

Nobody is trading for romo and his $24m against the cap. He's getting cut. The Texans have $25m of cap room. Cut Joseph (save a couple mil), sign AJ (10m), play nice with Hop (extra 5m), sign romo for 12m.

Romo would be $14mm on the salary cap to the team trading for him
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
NICU Dad said:

underrated

how is something underrated 3 minutes after it's posted?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.