Houston
Sponsored by

Is St Arnold's tour worth it?

2,102 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Col. Steve Austin
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love their beer, but is their beer tour worth it? Been to 8th wonder and Karbach. Both great times.

Significant other wants to do a tour or go to a brewery this weekend for her birthday and didn't know if the others would be better.
drumboy
AG
I'm sure the tour is good but I kinda think once you've done one tour, they're all kinda the same.

Go to Saint Arnold for weekday lunch. It's $20 for a good three course meal and all the beer that you want from 11-2. The food changes daily (only one option) but it's always good. This was from last week: (5 O'Clock beer can chicken with cauliflower pure. Served with a baked tater soup)

They also have other a la carte food options but beer is extra.
The Wonderer
AG
Like actually take the tour, or just go and drink from the taps?
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
The Wonderer said:

I guess more to drinks beers and hang out. Eureka sucked. I've heard Buffalo Bayou isn't as good.
cajunaggie08
AG
the tour lasts mayyyybe 30 minutes. You can see everything from the windows in the beer hall. If you have never been on a brewery tour or have no idea how beer is made, the tour will be interesting. As previously stated, if you've been on one tour before, this wont be something new. As far as going there to hang out and drink. Its totally worth it.
aggiemike02
AG
why did Eureka suck?
GoAgs92
AG
If the weather is nice, No Label has the best "tour".

not the best beer but good atmosphere.

or maybe under the radar if you live in Midtown, small laid back, not too crowded....and a good Ag is part owner.
drumboy
AG
aggiemike02 said:

why did Eureka suck?
Beer must have been too damn good or he doesn't like sitting in a warehouse at picnic tables and/or playing bags/fooseball.
jetch17
AG
Take her over to Brash and play arcade games ... unless shes offended by Satan worship, heavy metal and beers that have P*ssy in the name
GoAgs92
AG
Which arcade games.?
OnlyForNow
AG
Heavy ***** worship!
jh0400
AG
jetch17 said:

Take her over to Brash and play arcade games ... unless shes offended by Satan worship, heavy metal and beers that have P*ssy in the name

This is the only correct answer. Nothing like fresh P*ssy Wagon and MK2.
The Milkman
AG
Collard Greens said:

The Wonderer said:

I guess more to drinks beers and hang out. Eureka sucked. I've heard Buffalo Bayou isn't as good.

Eureka is one of my favorite spots now. Their new New England style IPA is fantastic as is Moo Caliente. And it's a nice set up.

Buffalo is tough bc there are so few seats and theres nothing to do. Also most of their beer is just ok
schmendeler
AG
Collard Greens said:

Love their beer, but is their beer tour worth it? Been to 8th wonder and Karbach. Both great times.

Significant other wants to do a tour or go to a brewery this weekend for her birthday and didn't know if the others would be better.

Is cheap beer "worth it"?. Gee, I don't know...
Col. Steve Austin
AG
The tour is interesting just to learn the history of the brewery, the facility they're in, where some of their equipment comes from, learn more about the individual beers they produce, etc. If you've done other brewery tours and know the process it's not a big deal. I have but still enjoyed it. Would not go just for the tour but taking the tour then consuming the product straight from the tap is time well spent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.