Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone go to Smart Financial Centre yet?

4,601 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAG 05
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're going to Sting in a few weeks. Saw parking sucked + it's $15. Anything else to report?
cr0wbar
AG
Still debating whether to get Sting tickets or not.
TP Ag '87
AG
Buddy of mine kinda pushed me into taking our wives. Not thrilled that tix were $125/each and gonna be a long night on a Thursday.
TP Ag '87
AG
You're just spreading sunshine on MULTIPLE boards today. And contributing such worthwhile information and dialogue.

TP Ag '87
AG
Well deserved.
MAROON
AG
Went last night and it's fantastic - hope it takes a lot of shows from The Woodlands. Sat lower level and we were very happy.

We took Uber and were dropped off right at the front door. No traffic getting in at all. Looked like leaving that the traffic to get out of the parking lot was backed up but it looked like you could go down Lexington as an alternate to avoid everyone who was trying to enter the feeder road at University to get on 59North.

Really nice venue
TEXAG1996
AG
We went to the 10PM Seinfeld show and traffic was a nightmare for those parking. Luckily we Ubered with friends that live in Greatwood and it was a breeze since they had a dedicated Uber/Taxi line. Uber had drivers waiting when we left and were back to our friends house in less than 10 minutes. The actual venue was really nice.
TP Ag '87
AG
Thanks MAROON and TEXAG1996. Good to know.
K Bo
AG
We went to the 7pm Seinfeld show on Saturday. Getting out took a little more time than I would have liked but it was understandable why. We tried to exit out Lexington but got caught behind the line of folks trying to get in to the lot for the 10pm show. The cops were clearly focused on emptying the lot, direct to the 59 feeder, for the 10pm patrons vs clearing Lexington. It sucked at the time but like I said, it was understandable why it happened. Very nice venue and would definitely attend another show down there.
07fta07
AG
Went to 7pm Seinfeld show. Very nice venue and I'll be back. They definitely need to work on their traffic plan, especially with 2 shows in 1 night, but I expected it would be a massive mess on the first night and it was bad but not terrible.
TP Ag '87
AG
Wonder how it was for Don Henley, with only a single show?
Mustang1
AG
No problem at all. Seinfeld was just a cluster due to having 2 shows.
tdidy03
AG
Went to Henley last night. Traffic in and out was a breeze. Very impressed.
Ag2Max
AG
The venue is great and hope it is supported so we have a nice alternative to CWMP. CWMP is nice but not in the heat of the summer. An A/C'ed venue will be great to have in the summer.

I went to Seinfeld 10pm show and yes the traffic was a mess getting in. Not so bad getting out after the show. We took the shuttle from the Town Center which was convenient and only cost $5.

Also went to Don Henley last night and the traffic compared to a 2 show night was a breeze. We got in and parked very easily and after the show they shot us out on Lexington going to the north which worked great.

Thoroughly enjoyed both nights and it's a great venue. Nice to have it 10 minutes from home. Don Henley put on a great show and played for over 2 hours and played 2 encores. Have to work on Sting tickets now. I highly recommend catching a show.
AgCPA95
AG
MAROON said:

Went last night and it's fantastic - hope it takes a lot of shows from The Woodlands. Sat lower level and we were very happy.

We took Uber and were dropped off right at the front door. No traffic getting in at all. Looked like leaving that the traffic to get out of the parking lot was backed up but it looked like you could go down Lexington as an alternate to avoid everyone who was trying to enter the feeder road at University to get on 59North.

Really nice venue
How was uber after the show? Didn't know if access back in with everyone leaving is an issue?
MAROON
AG
took us about 15 minutes to get an Uber to accept our booking after the show - for awhile there were no cars available. But I think the Uber drivers for the most part are not aware of this venue - so once the word gets out I think you will see more of them circling the area after shows.

If I did it again I would try to schedule the Uber as soon as the band left the stage before their first encore....or pre-arrange a pick-up time.
88jrt06
AG
Sounds great so far!

Eager to check it out.
AgCPA95
AG
MAROON said:

took us about 15 minutes to get an Uber to accept our booking after the show - for awhile there were no cars available. But I think the Uber drivers for the most part are not aware of this venue - so once the word gets out I think you will see more of them circling the area after shows.

If I did it again I would try to schedule the Uber as soon as the band left the stage before their first encore....or pre-arrange a pick-up time.
Not bad! Appreciate the insight.
agnerd
AG
Not a fan. Went to the first Seinfeld show. No bathrooms or concessions for the upper level. No escalators either. No leg room and very wide sections, so everyone in the row has to get up if someone needs by for bathroom or concessions. Took 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot despite them having plenty of police directing traffic. Wasn't much better getting in. Was really disappointed that I could've gone to the same show across town at the Woodlands, left home at the same time, and then gotten back home at the same time. I'd rather sit in the heat than spend almost 1.5 hours getting into and out of the parking lot. Not an improvement over Woodlands in my opinion.
SJEAg
AG
Seinfeld was pretty painless for the early show. Got right in and out (we bolted soon as the lights came on) with almost no waiting in the parking lot. Could see that the people arriving for the 2nd show would have issues.

For SL residents, coming in via University (instead of Lexington or 59) was a great route.

Joan Wilder
AG
We came in Lexington for the first show no issues. It was blocked off with police for the second show so traffic was backed up all the way to sweetwater.

It was a little annoying getting out but that seemed more of how they'd roped off the parking. They had tons of staff and it went way better than we expected for a first show. The Uber lane looked super easy - it's been a cluster every time we've tried to get out at NRG.
MAROON
AG
agnerd said:

Not an improvement over Woodlands in my opinion.
so you went to the first show at a new venue where no one attending said show or even those working their directing traffic had a clue how to enter and exit the parking facility. Based on this one visit you think it's not an improvement over sitting out on the lawn in 100+ degree heat?

By night two they had the parking improved as you can see from all the posts of those that went to Henley.

Agreed on the no bathrooms on the second floor or escalators - that's a really poor design. Leg room could also be better.

But overall for all of us living ITL and in the SW part of town its a very positive alternative to The Woodlands, warts and growing pains notwithstanding.

26 Power
AG
Went to the Don Henley show on Sunday, and we came away very impressed with the venue. Took us about 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot, but not bad at all. I will definitely be back!
Flashdiaz
AG
MAROON said:

agnerd said:

Not an improvement over Woodlands in my opinion.
so you went to the first show at a new venue where no one attending said show or even those working their directing traffic had a clue how to enter and exit the parking facility. Based on this one visit you think it's not an improvement over sitting out on the lawn in 100+ degree heat?

By night two they had the parking improved as you can see from all the posts of those that went to Henley.

Agreed on the no bathrooms on the second floor or escalators - that's a really poor design. Leg room could also be better.

But overall for all of us living ITL and in the SW part of town its a very positive alternative to The Woodlands, warts and growing pains notwithstanding.

not to mention having 2 shows on the same night sounds like a parking nightmare.
MAROON
AG
two shows on the first night is a recipe for disaster.
tdidy03
AG
Selling two tickets for Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds for next week. Info posted in the Ticket Exchange.
07fta07
AG
There are definitely restrooms on the 2nd floor.
tdidy03
AG
Yeah concessions and restrooms for the 200 level seats. It's the 300's that have to come down to the 200 level for restrooms.
07fta07
AG
tdidy03 said:

Yeah concessions and restrooms for the 200 level seats. It's the 300's that have to come down to the 200 level for restrooms.

It's not all that far, and how many times during a hour and a half show do you need to go to the restroom?
MAROON
AG
07fta07 said:

There are definitely restrooms on the 2nd floor.
sorry bad information. 300 level is the one without bathrooms

seems like a poor design to me.
TP Ag '87
AG
Aside from the distance to the bathrooms, are there an adequate # for both sexes so no lines?

What about Target-approved unisex bathrooms?
Texaggie7nine
Does anyone happen to know the average dissipation time of common flatulence while seated in the auditorium?
7nine
zgood10
AG
Went to SFC for Dave & Tim last night. Thought the venue was awesome. Parking was a breeze. Going back at least 2 or 3 times in the next few months, looking forward to it.

No bathrooms on balcony level, but there is a mini bar thing.
Flashdiaz
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Does anyone happen to know the average dissipation time of common flatulence while seated in the auditorium?
what radius are we talking about?
TP Ag '87
AG
How was the performance?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.