Houston
Sponsored by

HPD officers acting lazy

5,545 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Sea Gull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup, call the cops every time. I had a lady hit me while on the phone, say it was her fault, and then lie to the insurance. I will always call the cops now.
drumboy
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Yup, call the cops every time. I had a lady hit me while on the phone, say it was her fault, and then lie to the insurance. I will always call the cops now.
I called the cops after my last wreck but they wouldn't pick up. I was calling the non-emergency line and it was right after 5 on a Thursday so not sure if they close.

I have a buddy that's a Sargent at the main HPD dispatch which I then called and he basically said that if nobody is hurt and both parties have insurance then it makes no sense to get a cop out and that it would take a couple hours if he put the call in. He did have a cop out quickly when I got into a wreck (also with at fault uninsured driver) a couple years back but it was only because I had an infant in the car.
CDUB98
AG
Sadly, with the severe shortage of officers, it is getting to the point that you have to know someone, like drumboy above, to get any attention when you want it.

However, they have no shortage of revenuers out there giving tickets for 2 mph over and 1/10th of an ounce of weed.
OnlyForNow
AG
Sure just look into the camera and say

"I admit that this accident that occurred between myself and mr/mrs blank at blankty-blankty time and day, on blankty road, was entirely my fault. I did not control my vehicle and I take full liability and responsibility for the accident"

no one will ever do that so that's why we call the cops.
Bondag
AG
CDUB98 said:

Sadly, with the severe shortage of officers, it is getting to the point that you have to know someone, like drumboy above, to get any attention when you want it.

However, they have no shortage of revenuers out there giving tickets for 2 mph over and 1/10th of an ounce of weed.

Yea. No one is available when someone breaks every window on the street, but stop at a stop sign and the officers claims all 4 wheels did not come to a complete stop and you get a $200 ticket.
Unemployed
AG
If you don't want the police involved, you better have witnesses. Otherwise, it'll be your word against his and trying to file a claim against his insurance company will be more difficult (they'll probably deny your claim). And then your only recourse is to sue the guy or file against your own insurance.

So calling the police and getting an accident report is the best way to cover your own ass.
aggiebq03+
drumboy said:

I haven't ever been in an accident where I'm at fault other than backing into my neighbor's cleaning lady parked across from my driveway (and totalling her car) but if I was the guy that rear ended you than I'm going to give you my info, take a couple pics and GTFO of there before PoPo shows up to possibly give me a ticket.

Could I get another ticket for this?

This is why I don't stick around after I kill someone.

I just leave some false info and GTFO of there before the PoPo shows up. Don't want to possibly get a ticket.
drumboy
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

drumboy said:

I haven't ever been in an accident where I'm at fault other than backing into my neighbor's cleaning lady parked across from my driveway (and totalling her car) but if I was the guy that rear ended you than I'm going to give you my info, take a couple pics and GTFO of there before PoPo shows up to possibly give me a ticket.

Could I get another ticket for this?

This is why I don't stick around after I kill someone.

I just leave some false info and GTFO of there before the PoPo shows up. Don't want to possibly get a ticket.

Talmbout....

How long would you say is a reasonable time to wait for popo who's not gonna do anything anyway? Do they assess blame, cause from what I can tell that's a rare occurrence.
aggiebq03+
Luckily my one wreck was on I-45 south. Some ******* rear ended me when I hit the brakes hard after the few cars in front of me had a wreck. He of course had fake temp tags on his old beater and drove off right away fleeing the scene.

Was happy to wait on 45 for the cops to show up before moving any of the vehicles that remained on scene. Once the cop saw the order and established who hit who we all moved somewhere else to do the paperwork.

Amazing how fast they will show up when you block traffic. Was about 5 minutes.

You want to leave go ahead, unless I have a video of you admitting fault to send my insurance I'm letting the cops know you hit and run.
drumboy
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Luckily my one wreck was on I-45 south. Some ******* rear ended me when I hit the brakes hard after the few cars in front of me had a wreck. He of course had fake temp tags on his old beater and drove off right away fleeing the scene.

Was happy to wait on 45 for the cops to show up before moving any of the vehicles that remained on scene. Once the cop saw the order and established who hit who we all moved somewhere else to do the paperwork.

Amazing how fast they will show up when you block traffic. Was about 5 minutes.

You want to leave go ahead, unless I have a video of you admitting fault to send my insurance I'm letting the cops know you hit and run.

Hit "exchange information" and Run.

Folks that unnecessarily block traffic deserve a ticket or jail.

Edit: was there any benefit to blocking traffic and waiting for the cops if the ******* already took off?
Clo004
At the department I work for even if we complete a crash report we do not assign fault. It is up to the insurance companies to determine who is a fault I regards to damages.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Clo004 said:

At the department I work for even if we complete a crash report we do not assign fault. It is up to the insurance companies to determine who is a fault I regards to damages.
Corpus?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.