Houston
Sponsored by

HPD officers acting lazy

5,560 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It wasn't acting.
Post removed:
by user
lostrg
HPD cops are the ****tiest cops ever.
AgRebel08
AG
If the person has no insurance I get calling the cops, but if he did your just a dick for calling them. No need to get the guy a ticket. Cops prob realized that you were being one and didn't want to deal with your whining.
Post removed:
by user
Panama Red
AG
third coast.. said:

other than this thread, the only whining was done by the HPD officer who didnt want to do his job. HTH.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
**** that. If there is a chance I am going to get screwed out of insurance money, I am calling the cops. They have officers just for this. Not like you are taking cops off of real duty for this. If nothing else, you are stopping them from writing seatbelt tickets.
Cole Trickle
AG
Why even call the cops? Seems like a waste of time.

I just snap some photos and get the other person's insurance info. Last time I got rear-ended on 290 it was raining and I didn't even get out of my truck. Pulled over and made the guy bring me his insurance info. Last thing I want to do is make 500,000 people late to work because my bumper got bent.
Post removed:
by user
BigPuma
AG
AgRebel08 said:

If the person has no insurance I get calling the cops, but if he did your just a dick for calling them. No need to get the guy a ticket. Cops prob realized that you were being one and didn't want to deal with your whining.
The couple of times I have called the cops for an accident is when the person that hit me was being a dip**** and disputing hitting me or being the cause and wouldn't give me their insurance information.

One of those instances my truck was actually totaled and League City PD ticketed the bat **** crazy lady.
aTm2004
AG
That's the kind of **** that pisses me off about the PD. A guy at work got rear ended a few weeks ago, and he said he waited for about 2 hours in a parking lot while Harris County and FB County argued over whose jurisdiction it was in (lady didn't have insurance). I would love to see the **** storm that would come about if the fire department did something similar, or arrived on a scene and began deciding if it was their job or somebody else's.
I Am A Critic
third coast.. said:

we cleared the accident and there was no delay behind us.
Except for the delay that happened when everyone slowed down b/c there was a cop with flashing lights on the side of the road. Traffic in that area is bad enough. You being an incompetent baby made it worse.
schmellba99
AG
AgRebel08 said:

You don't call the cops to get the other guy a ticket. You call the cops to get an accident report filled out, because if you don't have one that clearly states that X driver was at fault and a citation was issued, X driver's insurance is going to deny your claim due to lack of evidence.

And if the accident occurs on private property, the vast majority of LEO departments are not going to fill out a report. Pretty much SOP, and a waste of everybody's time, which sucks.
Flashdiaz
AG
absolutely call the popo if you're not at fault. I'm not going to trust anyone to tell the truth to their insurance. Most of the times they'll fudge the details and their insurance will do what they can to not accept fault.
BMX Bandit
In a rear end collision, the insurance company will pay 99% of the time even without a police report. Not saying don't try to get an accident report, just that if they won't or don't, you aren't out of luck
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
AgRebel08 said:

I was told that the guy that hit me that he had insurance. I was suspicious and didn't believe him, so I called the cops. Thank goodness I did, because he lied about having insurance and without the cops report, I would not have been able to prove that my UI/UM policy should cover it instead of my comp/coll. The kid got two tickets and deserved them both after causing $10k+ worth of damage to my private property.
txaggie_08
AG
I'd for sure call the cops. Ex GF got rear-ended once at a stop light and the guy provided an insurance card that looked to still be in effect, but was actually previously cancelled.
Bondag
AG
txaggie_08 said:

I'd for sure call the cops. Ex GF got rear-ended once at a stop light and the guy provided an insurance card that looked to still be in effect, but was actually previously cancelled.
It wasn't cancelled. Loya and those types will give you a 12 month card and let you pay by the month.
drumboy
AG
I haven't ever been in an accident where I'm at fault other than backing into my neighbor's cleaning lady parked across from my driveway (and totalling her car) but if I was the guy that rear ended you than I'm going to give you my info, take a couple pics and GTFO of there before PoPo shows up to possibly give me a ticket.

Could I get another ticket for this?
The Wonderer
AG
drumboy said:

I haven't ever been in an accident where I'm at fault other than backing into my neighbor's cleaning lady parked across from my driveway (and totalling her car) but if I was the guy that rear ended you than I'm going to give you my info, take a couple pics and GTFO of there before PoPo shows up to possibly give me a ticket.

Yes, it's called leaving the scene of an accident.
drumboy
AG
And the last wreck I was in the girl that was at fault lied to my insurance and then when they determined that she was at fault they discovered that she wasn't covered under her parent's policy. She showed me a valid insurance card at the scene (didn't have her name but had her car) so I'm not sure if she would have been ticketed had the police answered when I called and actually shown up.
Tom Hagen
AG
Did not read, but thanks for the picture.
Cole Trickle
AG
False
Clo004
drumboy said:

No. As long as you provide them with your information (name, address, phone, DL, and insurance) then you are good. If someone is injured that is a different story though.

Technically all parties involved in a crash are required to exchange information no matter who feels like who was at fault.
drumboy
AG
The Wonderer said:

drumboy said:

Well you have to leave at some point and I would give them my info. What if they want the cops to come but it takes a few hours? You supposed to wipe your schedule clean for the rest of the day just for a fender bender?
The Wonderer
AG
drumboy said:

The Wonderer said:

drumboy said:

Well you have to leave at some point and I would give them my info. What if they want the cops to come but it takes a few hours? You supposed to wipe your schedule clean for the rest of the day just for a fender bender?
Did not see that you said you gave info before leaving. If you provide information (name, insurance, contact, etc.), then you are ok assuming there are not any injuries.
agent209
AG
I'm with HPD, but not with patrol, accident Orr traffic enforcement. I get calling the cops, but when I was called, and if both parties had insurance and were cool, I'd tell the at fault to call their insurance and that would be in lieu of a ticket.

I figure the accident is enough and I did not want to make either persons day any worse.

They might have asked the exact loc of the accident bc all accident reports go to TxDot and they are surprisingly very picky.

A reg incident report is a lot easier to complete, i.e. Burglary.

The worst is a hit and run. 2 reports for these incident. I would do them better usually took 2 hours
agent209
AG
Sorry for the typos I'm at the gym and my hands were a bit sweaty.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i'm sure you're cool but hpd sucks balls. they can't be bothered with home/vehicle break-ins but one jagoff definitely had the time to give me a ticket for 33 in a 30 as i was passing a chick before two lanes turned to one because she was swerving all around while staring down at her phone.
whiteman
I'm only calling the cops if I get hit by drunk driver or hit and run, exchange info and go fill out an accident report.
People are liars. Call the cops every damn time.
07&09Ag
After someone pulled out in front of my wife who had the row and then tried to claim she was at fault and file on our insurance, I will always call the cops or have them call both their insurance AND subsequently my insurance admitting fault prior to leaving scene. Luckily my wife did gave the Voldemort out as it took providing the police report stating the other party was at fault to get things straight. Too many shady ppl now a days.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.