Houston
Sponsored by

Middlelands Music Festival

18,421 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PeekingDuck
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Lineup for the EDM festival at the Renaissance grounds just released. Three day passes are $195. Interested to see how this plays out.

Texaggie7nine
Wow. That is one of the best Drum and Bass lineups I have seen in a while.

Can't believe Rich Chigga already is getting in festivals lineups.
7nine
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Wait...isn't this really a "Noise" festival? /oldmanyellinggetoffmylawn
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I'm going.
Texaggie7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I'm going.

You gonna camp??
7nine
jpc08
AG
jpc08
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Probably
Tom Hagen
AG
I can honestly say that I haven't heard of one person (group) on that list.
95_Aggie
AG
The poor folks in Todd Mission.

First the wildfire and now this ...
woodyhayes
never heard of any of them.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Old people
Tom Hagen
AG
Young people who were raised on ****ty "music".
TXAG 05
AG
There is actually a type of music called Drum and Bass?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Space Jesus is a sweet name.
jpc08
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Only for the last 25 years...
TXAG 05
AG
jpc08 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Only for the last 25 years...

Sounds pretty lame
drumboy
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Young people who were raised on ****ty "music".

Young folks have no excuse if they grow up liking Luke Bryan and other ****ty music since they have Spotify/Pandora/Google Music/Amazon Music etc. we only had the radio and Hastings as our outlets to consume music and we made fun of that one friend that liked Indie music. I would have totally missed Turnpike, Macklemore etc back then.
Post removed:
by user
Macpappy99
AG
Hodor is going to be there!
cr0wbar
AG
My wife and I are slightly intrigued- but I have zero knowledge of these bands. These stages look pretty cool - but with it being the first at Ren Fest - I'm half expecting it to be a clusterf***. Looks like our little cute version of Burning Man
Ag_07
AG
Looks better than FPSF
Texaggie7nine
I'm thinking it will be more like a smaller version of Tomorrowland but with more medieval theme than fantasy one.

The headliners are obviously going to be Kaskade, Bassnectar, Marshmello and Major Lazer but there are so many amazing names in the secondary acts it's pretty wild, and no wonder they just went with naming everyone alphabetically. There are no clear classes of acts here.

As I stated above. The drum & bass lineup is a wet dream for any drum & bass head. Dieselboy, 12th Planet, Gramatik, Metrik, Andy C, Delta Heavy and Friction.
7nine
94chem
Quote:

My wife and I...
I think you missed the point...
cr0wbar
AG
Oh...is this a molly fueled gangbang type weekend? Should I wash my balls first?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I'm thinking it will be more like a smaller version of Tomorrowland but with more medieval theme than fantasy one.

The headliners are obviously going to be Kaskade, Bassnectar, Marshmello and Major Lazer but there are so many amazing names in the secondary acts it's pretty wild, and no wonder they just went with naming everyone alphabetically. There are no clear classes of acts here.

As I stated above. The drum & bass lineup is a wet dream for any drum & bass head. Dieselboy, 12th Planet, Gramatik, Metrik, Andy C, Delta Heavy and Friction.
nailed it
drumboy
AG
I've seen other music fests do this. That's how the Steamboat lineup was listed in the promo.
Baskin
AG
So is anybody going to this? I'm trying to figure out some things with the camping situation. I have a camping pass that lets me get into the campgrounds to set up Wednesday (5/3), but apparently you can't leave with your car once you're set up. This makes things kind of a pain in the ass, because I was planning on setting up w/the other 3 friends using my camping pass on Wednesday, then driving back home (Houston) and working Thursday so I wouldn't have to take an extra day off.

Here's what the Insomniac rep said when I asked about it...I'm still trying to work with them to find a way to make this more convenient:

Quote:

As you have mentioned, vehicle ins and outs are strictly prohibited from the campground per our Health & Safety policies. You are more than welcome to grab a taxi or a ride from and back to the campgrounds after you have set up, but unfortunately, we cannot make ay exceptions on letting vehicles out and back in again.

Anybody that's ever been to RenFest knows how much an Uber/Taxi ride will rack up in that festival traffic. The music is going to be good, but I don't like the idea of being stranded out in the Houston heat for 5 nights.

I googled "Middlelands Forums" and surprisingly it took me here...the EDM capitol of the internet, TexAgs!...so yeah, there aren't a lot of good resources out there for this inaugural, likely to be a ****-show, festival.
Texaggie7nine
Pretty sure I saw a reddit thread on it where people from all over the US that are coming were discussing logistics.

If you ubered from up there into Houston I would guess on a weekday you are looking at something like $50+
7nine
drumboy
AG
Get a friend to leave their car outside of the grounds when you drive in and set up camp. Then ride home with your friend.
Ag_07
AG
Baskin said:

I don't like the idea of being stranded out in the Houston heat for 5 nights.

Then don't camp.

Problem solved
Baskin
AG
That's not a bad idea...I'm sure there are ways to get creative with it. I did camping at Euphoria the past couple of years, and it was nice because you could drive your car into Austin during the day if you were so inclined. I'm just surprised there's no "auxiliary" overnight parking whatsoever.

79, I might end up having to Uber, just wasn't wanting to spend even more money on an already expensive endeavor. I heard there are shuttles running in and out of Houston, so I'll check that out too.

And nice advice, Ag_07, I'd expect something more constructive from a fellow '07 grad (assuming you graduated...)
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
Baskino,

If you give me $50 I'll give you a ride to/from the festival. I'd rather take the cash rather than give money to the evil corporate monster of Uber.
HBCanine08
AG
Rich Chigga

goadius6
AG
I'll be there, my friend found a place just 2-3 miles away from the festival, a little cabin on AirBnB so hopefully it works out
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.